Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money left in ATM machine

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In numerous jurisdictions it is considered a civil matter. There is more than one interpretation in such matter.
    Totally irrelevant here. It is not a civil matter. It is a criminal offence. No matter how often you say it this will not change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

This thread reminds me about an incident that happened to me at an ATM around 1990. It was at Doyles Corner in Phibsboro, BoI I think.

I inserted my card and requested £20. (euro was still years away)
    The ATM made a grinding noise, it was obvious that there was a problem with the rollers. Out came five fivers -£25. I checked the advice slip and it said I had withdrawn £20. I was up a fiver! Happy days, this was at a time when £5 was worth something. I decided to try again..easy money. I checked my balance. Enough to go again. Card in. I requested another £20. More grinding rollers. Out pops the fivers. This time there were only 3!!!

Should have quit when I was ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

This post has been deleted.

No. Ended up quits.

But I had been winning.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

If the police refuse to investigate a crime, demand their details (shoulder no., etc) and call the ombudsman for a complaint form.
    In my experience (and this is, of course, purely coincidental) everytime I've had to do this, the gardai have arrived back to me seeking to investigate before the form arrived in the post for some strange reason.

Edit: I should add - insist that your complaint is detailed in their incidents book at the station, and insist that the incident log is updated each time you attend to ask what is being done to note that you are still a crime victim and the issue has not been resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

[.

I inserted my card and requested £20. (euro was still years away)
    The ATM made a grinding noise, it was obvious that there was a problem with the rollers. Out came five fivers -£25. I checked the advice slip and it said I had withdrawn £20. I was up a fiver! Happy days, this was at a time when £5 was worth something. I decided to try again..easy money. I checked my balance. Enough to go again. Card in. I requested another £20. More grinding rollers. Out pops the fivers. This time there were only 3!!!

Should have quit when I was ahead![/QUOTE]

very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

The girl went looking for you and couldnt find you what the hell do you think your entitled to, people to go out of there way running after you.
    you want the person to have a criminal record just because of your stupidity.
    I hope you get done for wasting garda time and end up paying for all court costs. why do people think there needs to be a law to protect them from all kinds of stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

OP,Ask the garage what company service these atms and try contacting them and explain your story.Then the next time they are topping up cash and renewing receipt roll they might be able to get the womans details.

Its worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

can't believe people are actually saying the woman didn't commit a crime.... what if you were in a shop and the shopkeeper walked away leaving the cash register open? would it be ok for someone to help themselves to that?

The girl went looking for you and couldnt find you what the hell do you think your entitled to, people to go out of there way running after you.
    you want the person to have a criminal record just because of your stupidity.
    I hope you get done for wasting garda time and end up paying for all court costs. why do people think there needs to be a law to protect them from all kinds of stupidity

I wouldn't be saying the OP is stupid.If you have a lot of things on your mind it does happen and has happened to a lot of people(see here)

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2010/0720/133565-boi/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

I wouldn't be saying the OP is stupid.If you have a lot of things on your mind it does happen and has happened to a lot of people(see here)

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2010/0720/133565-boi/

ok point taken the op was distracted/ in a rush but even so do you think the girl is a criminal. if it was me id just write it off as having a bad day and not go chasing it

can't believe people are actually saying the woman didn't commit a crime.... what if you were in a shop and the shopkeeper walked away leaving the cash register open? would it be ok for someone to help themselves to that?

Well its a kind of unique case in that she took the money and went looking to see was he still there.For all we know she gave it to the lad at the till and he had a great night on Saturday night and is now saying "Money,what money".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK - this was never a Consumer Issue to start, but it was interesting. At this stage, it's gone on for too long, without updates.

Thread closed for now. OP can contact me to request it to reopened for an update if they so wish.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement