Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Superb fairway bunker shot on the 18th sets up a must make birdie, c'mon David.
    Edit; to say he made it, joint leader in club house, now it's a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

david-k wrote: »
    Superb fairway bunker shot on the 18th sets up a must make birdie, c'mon David.
    Edit; to say he made it, joint leader in club house, now it's a waiting game.

Yes, brilliant birdie at the last. Tied for clubhouse lead at 11 under. Showed great character and grit to get back to 11 under after missing that short putt on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Clutch birdie on the last, super approach from the sand, class stuff.

Hopefully it's good enough.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Clutch birdie on the last, super approach from the sand, class stuff.

Hopefully it's good enough.

Not to be, unfortunately. Birdie for Quesne on the 18th after holing monster putt on 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

We'll done David. Season safe now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

We'll done David. Season safe now.
    +1 That's the main objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

2 players on T2. Worth about 130,000 euros.

Brilliant from David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great stuff. Shame about the bogey on 16 but still can't complain

Does anyone know how many cards are available for next season based on Race to Dubai rankings? For 2013, the requirement is top 119. The shading used for this week's event suggests only the top 110 will get cards.

Higgins is currently 111th and Peter Lawrie is 109th.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many cards are available for next season based on Race to Dubai rankings? For 2013, the requirement is top 119. The shading used for this week's event suggests only the top 110 will get cards.

I think it is 110 this year, but I'm not sure. Knife edge stuff. Great from Higgins today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think it is 110 this year, but I'm not sure. Knife edge stuff. Great from Higgins today!

European Tour website seems to suggest it's 110 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

For some reason I thought it was players in the top 115 race to Dubai list that kept their cards.

So hopefully this will be the list of Southern boys on tour next year

Lowry
    Harrington
    McGrane
    Lawrie
    Thornton
    Higgins

And maybe one or two from Q school. McGinley needs to get he finger out but he'll have his hands full next year anyway.

McGinley will get plenty of invitations as Ryder Cup captain. He's also in the top 40 in career earnings.

It's Lawrie and Higgins who need a good finish to keep their cards.

ballyk wrote: »
    European Tour website seems to suggest it's 110 also.

There's conflicting information on the website. In the FAQs for Qualifying School, it says you need to finish in the top 110 to retain your card. Elsewhere, it say top 115 plus Affiliate Members retain their cards. Be nice to get clarification as it could be crucial for Lawrie and/or Higgins.

On a separate note, will this week's top 10 get Higgins into the dunhill links? Or will it carry forward to the Portuguese Masters?

On a separate note, will this week's top 10 get Higgins into the dunhill links? Or will it carry forward to the Portuguese Masters?

I seen somewhere on twitter that it doesn't not sure if that's 100% true though.

Todays highlights are on SS2 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

At least 5 of the top 110 wont have played enough events anyway so it will be at least down to 115. Went to 119 last season. Good time of the year to be showing form for David, not so good for Peter.

McGinley will get plenty of invitations as Ryder Cup captain. He's also in the top 40 in career earnings.

It's Lawrie and Higgins who need a good finish to keep their cards.

How many seasons can you use all time list? Didnt he use this last year? Anyway as you said no bother with invites next year being cup captain.

How many seasons can you use all time list? Didnt he use this last year? Anyway as you said no bother with invites next year being cup captain.

In the PGA Tour, the career money list is a one time option. As far as I know, it can be used indefinitely in the European tour. It's category 9, which ranks behind the previous year's top 110/115/119.

Paul is entered for Scotland and Portugal, so is Shane, Damien & Peter so lots of Irish interest. David is on the waiting list about 10th in line so looks doubtful unless there is a bout of food poisoning in the St. Andrews area.

At least 5 of the top 110 wont have played enough events anyway so it will be at least down to 115. Went to 119 last season. Good time of the year to be showing form for David, not so good for Peter.

Good point. There are 3 players in the top 71 (Cabrera, Blixt and Clark) who have played 7 or less tournaments and another 2 in the top 101 who have only played 8 (Pettersson and Van Der Walt), although Van Der Walt is entered for both the dunhill and Portugal and may yet reach the required 11 tournaments. I presume he will be OK in any event as a tournament winner.

Wonder where that leaves Pettersson. Will he be allowed to retain his membership if he doesn't play the required number of tournaments? I presume he will, but will have to rely on invitations if he doesn't have a card.

Anyway, looks like Lawrie and Higgins may be OK for next season. Funny thing - the money list shows shading down to 115. Go figure.

• Advertisement

I gather David gets in to the Portugal Masters because of his second place yesterday. Let's hope for a good showing for him there, and for a good showing for Peter this week in Scotland.

I gather David gets in to the Portugal Masters because of his second place yesterday. Let's hope for a good showing for him there, and for a good showing for Peter this week in Scotland.

Yes his top 10 gets him into Portugal, it's showing now in the entry list. Would be nice if he did well there and didn't have to go down to Perth for the last one.

Yes his top 10 gets him into Portugal, it's showing now in the entry list. Would be nice if he did well there and didn't have to go down to Perth for the last one.
    Great opportunity to clinch his card. Hope he does well.

To confirm David Higgins has received an invitation to play in this weeks Dunhill links.

To confirm David Higgins has received an invitation to play in this weeks Dunhill links.

Great stuff, well deserved :)

David+Higgins+Italian+Open+Day+Four+4rH1SPnamqXl.jpg

I've been away and just checked the list this evening. i was wondering how he had got in - delighted for him. Lots of Irish interest in this tournament.

I've been away and just checked the list this evening. i was wondering how he had got in - delighted for him. Lots of Irish interest in this tournament.

He got a call Monday morning from the European Tour, he didn't ask any further questions and booked his flights! Based on his recent good performance and people dropping out he scrapped over the line to get in. Anyway let's hope he makes the cut and makes around the 40k mark to keep his card

The pros seem to love this tournament too, should be good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

only read about this now, flipping great news ...
    hope he has a great week, fingers crossed ..
    Would also be nice to see him play a few shots on TV, but what are the chances of that !!
    I think the European Tour need to invest in Shot Tracker !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

I think the European Tour need to invest in Shot Tracker !

This is completely down to volunteers though is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

ssbob wrote: »
    This is completely down to volunteers though is it?

I've absolutely no idea how it works to be honest.

Advertisement