Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sarky wrote: »
    Catholic memes. I assume if you're actually Catholic all these are f*cking hilarious.

I've always maintained that religious people just can't internet. I see little on that page to convince me otherwise.

Don't duck prayer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bluewolf wrote: »
    Don't duck prayer :mad:

Yeah God! You bastard! Stop ducking people's prayers! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jernal wrote: »
    Yeah God! You bastard! Stop ducking people's prayers! :mad:

It keeps him from compulsive grammar policing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭Worztron

272625.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

12080_10151893204610390_1550880944_n.jpg

And who says science and religion are incompatible. Pah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

smacl wrote: »
    12080_10151893204610390_1550880944_n.jpg

And who says science and religion are incompatible. Pah!!

Left out heart

(By your powers combined...)

272743.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Ha. That reminds me of an incident from my college days. Two Jehovah's Witnesses called to the door and asked if they could have a chat. I invited them in (full disclosure- one of them was gorgeous, but I always enjoyed talking to these guys) and had a nice chat with them about religion. After an hour they ran out of steam, said "you've really thought about this, haven't you?" and asked if it was OK if they left. They never came back, which I was a little disappointed about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

21117_496041993794700_1288085230_n.jpg

I do realise it's not Haiti in the photo...

272847.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

1234064_10153201380615623_1382871952_n.jpg

272929.jpg

"Stand Back! I'm religious and I know all about this anti-Syrian meteorite!"
    A new church in Russia believes that a sunken meteorite contains sacred scriptures and is responsible for the worsening situation in Syria. The Chelyabinsk meteorite has several followers who believe the meteorite contains sacred scriptures that are meant to be handled with care.

"The meteorite that hit Russia's Ural Mountains in mid-February contained 'scriptures' that can usher in a new age on Earth," followers of the new religion told local media. "Mishandling the meteorite could cause harm throughout the world and may already be fueling the bloody civil strife in Syria," Andrei Breivichko told 10BL.RU news.

The meteorite sunk into a nearby lake and members of the Church of the Chelyabinsk Meteorite believe that removing it from the water could cause irreparable harm. "Psychic priests" of the cult are apparently the only ones equipped to handle the meteorite; if the meteorite is to be removed, the priests believe they should be allowed to handle it, and then place it in a temple.

"I think it won't hurt Chelyabinsk to become a truly holy city, home to a great temple that will be the object of pilgrimage for millions of people from across the world," Breivichko said.

"A lot of the information is still on the heavenly bearer itself and that needs visionaries to have closer contact with the tablets," Breivchenko said. "We can already see the noosphere's indignation at constant attempts to salvage the meteorite in the super-charged international tension around Syria."

Scientists explained that there is no special power associated with the meteorite and will retrieve a large part of it on Sept. 25. The meteorite's fall was captured on cameras and quickly went viral in February. Over 1,600 people were injured and a great deal of damage resulted from the fall.

Members of the cult gather in the place where it fell and hold services to worship the meteorite and pray for divers to stop their attempt to retrieve the meteorite from the lake. There are currently 50 members, but the group is reportedly growing and plans to file for legal recognition.

And one little old lady find a new use for a bible:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Fair fecks to her, she's well able for the ignorant bollix

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bloody hell, nice one. She took no shít from the muppet. Nice one bringing up the 1000 quid they paid him too. I'd say the sight of her florescent jeans when she walked out gave him a heart attack. One can but hope.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A new church in Russia believes that a sunken meteorite contains sacred scriptures .......
    "I think it won't hurt Chelyabinsk to become a truly holy city, home to a great temple that will be the object of pilgrimage for millions of people from across the world," Breivichko said.
    Mecca is of course home to a rock just like it, and a very prosperous city it is too. As the great man himself said (L. Ron Hubbard) "the easiest way to make money is to start your own religion".
    Fair play to the Ruski chancers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

7864_341599575975564_24648279_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,173 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Couldn't resist looking up the current Egyptian Pound exchange rate. 1000LE = a little over 100 euro. Wonder do the Iona crew get paid anything to spout nonsense appear on Prime Time et al??

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

273061.gif

ninja900 wrote: »
    Couldn't resist looking up the current Egyptian Pound exchange rate. 1000LE = a little over 100 euro. Wonder do the Iona crew get paid anything to spout nonsense appear on Prime Time et al??

Yes. Always a payment for being on broadcast media - it can be little more than a token but there is a payment.

I know this as I have had stints of being a medjia hoor :cool:

The Irish Times -- going down in my estimation every day, I have to point out -- produced what can only be the most obviously makey-uppey letter in the history of agony aunt pages.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/tell-me-about-it-have-i-been-living-with-a-sex-addict-1.1537310

Summary: a "practicing catholic" who believes that sex is all about "two people expressing their love for each", but who has sex with her husband perhaps ten times a year, discovers that he five-knuckle-shuffles every day and is so shocked that she moves into the spare room to help him stop. Her son's at it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Oh dear, poor fella :( I'm taking that letter seriously - I mean, who'd make up something that repressed?

Obliq wrote: »
    [...] who'd make up something that repressed?
    Somebody who wanted to write something that would, er, shoot to the top of the page wrankings?(*)

273076.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Ok, that's a maybe then. Unless it fell into her lap like gold from the ether. There ARE such people out there!

Oh....and RANKINGS. ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

robindch wrote: »
    The Irish Times -- going down in my estimation every day, I have to point out -- produced what can only be the most obviously makey-uppey letter in the history of agony aunt pages.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/tell-me-about-it-have-i-been-living-with-a-sex-addict-1.1537310

Summary: a "practicing catholic" who believes that sex is all about "two people expressing their love for each", but who has sex with her husband perhaps ten times a year, discovers that he five-knuckle-shuffles every day and is so shocked that she moves into the spare room to help him stop. Her son's at it too.

" I see it as just as bad a betrayal as an affair. "

Really???

• Advertisement

old hippy wrote: »
    " I see it as just as bad a betrayal as an affair. "

Really???

If thine husband's right hand offends thee.....:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement