Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

3. Going "the whole hog" as a muslim
    That Nordy Bigot really takes the bacon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Most likely been posted before but there's a young American comedian I've been following for a few years (not literally, well occasionally) and he has a few good parody songs about religion.

See also: Song From the Perspective of God and (an earlier version) Oh My God.

Other recommended songs not about religion: Art is Dead, Repeat Stuff, #Deep, Nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

AstraMonti wrote: »
    578945_584588634912011_2054786017_n.jpg

Translation: "This here is the antichrist". I would give you the whole video but it's in greek. Poor furby :pac:
    Got a link? I speak a bit of Greeklish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

272341.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I'm more impressed that someone is quoting r/polandball than anything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

272350.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

1237860_1441537216072223_723073217_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Gordon wrote: »
    Got a link? I speak a bit of Greeklish.

Here you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6x1rEwvlM

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    578945_584588634912011_2054786017_n.jpg

Translation: "This here is the antichrist". I would give you the whole video but it's in greek. Poor furby :pac:

@2:41 :D

V17stTn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We set one on fire once. It didn't die...
    Of course it didn't die. Do you really think something as mundane as fire could kill one of those.... things?
    Nodin wrote: »
    Why were you skinning furbys?
    I wasn't, I just came upon one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

@2:41 :D
    "Ο Πάτερ Σάββας "ξορκίζει" το παιχνίδι Furby" -> "Father Sabbas 'exorcizes' the Furby toy."

Methinks Father Sabbas has too much time on his hands. Wouldn't mind knowing how exactly he came into contact with Furbies to the extent that he's become clearly very worried about the little critters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

There is a funny story behind him, he claims to be the only capable exorcist of Athens and he has more than 70 successful (!!) exorcisms. The world is fecking crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

kylith wrote: »

A perfectly reasonable protestation of innocence that read by a certain type of mind appears pretty demented.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kylith wrote: »

....yep, while you were carrying the customised skinning kit you were minding for a man in the pub.

robindch wrote: »
    "Ο Πάτερ Σάββας "ξορκίζει" το παιχνίδι Furby" -> "Father Sabbas 'exorcizes' the Furby toy."

Methinks Father Sabbas has too much time on his hands. Wouldn't mind knowing how exactly he came into contact with Furbies to the extent that he's become clearly very worried about the little critters.

He simply removed the batteries. I've seen Paul Daniels do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Most likely been posted before but there's a young American comedian I've been following for a few years (not literally, well occasionally) and he has a few good parody songs about religion.

Other recommended songs not about religion: Art is Dead, Repeat Stuff, #Deep, Nerds.

Love Bo, got front row tickets to him in Vicar Street for November :D:D

His song Words Words Words is genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Ah I love Bo Burnham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

wprathead wrote: »
    Love Bo, got front row tickets to him in Vicar Street for November :D:D

His song Words Words Words is genius
    He's coming in November?! Damn, I just saw him in Edinburgh but I am sorely tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Religious relevance: Angel Instrument?

It's funny anyway:

lotion-guitar-is-better-than-air-guitar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Nodin wrote: »
    ....yep, while you were carrying the customised skinning kit you were minding for a man in the pub.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, M'lud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

272504.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Broadsheet had this - "Wahoo!" is about all I can say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Only lasted two minutes. What the actual f**k was that? :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jernal wrote: »

pfft, don't you get it??
    Ireland is a fetus and should not be aborted....no to abortions, no to chem trails, no to flouride...errr Jim Corr.......Free Masons run the country!!!1 Tree's and lizards.

It all makes sense man!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Catholic memes. I assume if you're actually Catholic all these are f*cking hilarious.

I've always maintained that religious people just can't internet. I see little on that page to convince me otherwise.

Jernal wrote: »

...the truth + interpretive dance.

Cabaal wrote: »
    pfft, don't you get it??
    Ireland is a fetus and should not be aborted....no to abortions, no to chem trails, no to flouride...errr Jim Corr.......Free Masons run the country!!!1 Tree's and lizards.

It all makes sense man!
    :pac:

Druidic ways, dude. With the Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Sarky wrote: »
    Catholic memes. I assume if you're actually Catholic all these are f*cking hilarious.

I've always maintained that religious people just can't internet. I see little on that page to convince me otherwise.

You just don't get it, man.

Seriously though, the nun one isn't too crap. But the key and hat (it's a hat, isn't it?) logo in the top left corner seems like the kind of visual piss-take you'd find in GTA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement