Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    It's strange to think that Todd has been such a dominating figure in the final series, a fantastic character.

He's a really good actor is Jesse Plemons. Excellent in Friday Night Lights too. As soon as I seen his name in the cast last year I knew he'd be a great addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

krudler wrote: »
    That's it, he's said multiple times it can't all be for nothing so go out in a blaze of glory instead of fading away, Walt is completely egotistical, even if he didnt start off that way.

I'm back on the fence about Walt, Cranston was phenomenal this episode, especially on the phone to Walt Jnr.

Kinda disappointed if whoever trashed the house and wrote Heisenberg on the walls was just random kids, I thought it would have more meaning (assuming it does and we just haven't seen it yet)

It's a pretty juvenile thing to do, I can't imagine any of the main characters would do something like that :confused:

It does have meaning, anyway - the whole Heisenberg mythology, Walt's empire/legacy, ego, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    I don't think there'll be anymore Grey Matter stuff next week. What's the point?

i don't know remember when he was arguing with Jesse at his house about needing to do better than Grey matter money wise.

i think for him they were the start of all this and thats where it will end.

i think the ricin
    is for those two,and i think he goes gun crazy on the nazis and it end with a massive shoot out and no survivors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesse will survive the shootout a-la Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i don't know remember when he was arguing with Jesse at his house about needing to do better than Grey matter money wise.

i think for him they were the start of all this and thats where it will end.

i think the ricin
    is for those two,and i think he goes gun crazy on the nazis and it end with a massive shoot out and no survivors!
    He won't kill them. Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Andrea's death got me bad. Holy fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Alanhooly wrote: »
    So Grey matter is where the 'Granite state' name came out of?

Granite = Grey

State = A state of matter in science terms

'Grey matter'.

I know it ultimately doesn't matter (pun not intended ;) ) but I wonder if there is anyone out there that put together that Grey Matter may have played a huge role in stopping Walt/Heisenburg from lying down. Pointless but slightly interesting all the same. What's next week's finale called? :)

Granite State is New Hampshire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Grimebox wrote: »
    If you check the other threads, this was the only time we got caught...

are the streams actually illegal though? just wondering, it's not like sky wanting to shut down frontrowsports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Preeetty sure it's copyright infringement!

Looking back, after last night's episode the title ''Live free or die'' for the first episode of the season, opening in New Hampshire was incredibly forward thinking.

DAMN it's good. It's SO GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I loved Todd in this episode. Not his actions but the acting. Jesse Plemons is fantastic.

For a totally different look at him on screen, here's a video of him performing with his Christian death metal band on Friday Night Lights.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Preeetty sure it's copyright infringement!

Looking back, after last night's episode the title ''Live free or die'' for the first episode of the season, opening in New Hampshire was incredibly forward thinking.

DAMN it's good. It's SO GOOD.

you'd imagine AMC/netflix would try harder.

thought the opening scene of season 5 was back in Denny's in ABQ, he just had the New Hampshire driving license.

the gun he gets isn't leaving town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

This post has been deleted.

Some people are just spoilt rotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Grimebox wrote: »
    5Zuzhuj.gif

Fan

Fúcking

Tastic

:pac:

thought the opening scene of season 5 was back in Denny's in ABQ, he just had the New Hampshire driving license.

Ah, my bad, you are correct. It merely referenced NH.

cant believe its all over next week, fair dues to vince gilligan, he must be walkin around like his dick is the size of a childs arm.

i want more i know that it wouldnt be as good if they milked it.

:pac:

Standman wrote: »
    Remember it was never revealed what this mysterious 'incident' was between Gretchen and Walt that made him leave Gray Matter and his promising career behind.

Interesting. There might be an interesting flashback scene and big twist to all this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Eh, you do know that Netflix don't make this show but just have the rights in UK & Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the guy who plays badger was on talking bad http://www.amctv.com/talking-bad/videos/brian-johnson-adam-scott-and-matt-jones-on-who%e2%80%99s-to-blame-talking-bad said it was all jesse's fault for not thinking his actions through, escaping etc

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Sorry for posting 4 times consecutively but for anyone that is/has been playing GTA5, have a look at this. You can basically play as Walter White :)

http://kotaku.com/you-can-play-gta-v-as-breaking-bads-heisenberg-basica-1335445084

Brilliant

Someone took the time to "build" this as a usable character

ku-xlarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Don't leave me, Breaking Bad :(

7TJ447E.jpg

I absolutely hate Todd, but he is a sweetie too.

2jfnIoL.jpg

XpJwlJ0.jpg

gaAdJr5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

For all the poeple saying Grey Matter has no real relevance to the story/Heisenberg...

Didn't Walt tell Jesse that he had to make more than Grey Matter was worth or something to that effect?

Apologies if I completely imagined that happening

I think his departure from Gray Matter is when he became Walter White. And I think he sees being Walter White as the part of his that has to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Is it just me, or was that episode not 75 mins? Or is the 75 factor in allowance for ads in the states?

Brilliant episode, almost found myself warming to Walter again!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Eh, you do know that Netflix don't make this show but just have the rights in UK & Ireland?

them having the rights in the UK and Ireland would make it more in their business to block the streaming sites. just like what sky did by getting the main ISPs in the UK to block firstrowsports. (well, they managed it for a few minutes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Is it just me, or was that episode not 75 mins? Or is the 75 factor in allowance for ads in the states?

Brilliant episode, almost found myself warming to Walter again!

It's 75 mins including breaks in the states. Actual episode was just over 53 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hmm. After so many life-shattering, heavy-hitting episodes, I was underwhelmed by this one. Maybe it's being devastated after last week's, but the story was quite slow settling into Walt's new life. Walt still has to make his play for Jack's gang and the Jesse story will have to intertwine. This ep did bring up a great point though, how can he legitimately get the money to his family? They can't just suddenly have millions, and even with a legitimate front & many car washes they couldn't hope to launder that much. Anyway, here's hoping for a bloodbath and Breaking Bad to go out in a blaze of glory leaving us (happily) emotionally devastated.

Skyler no longer has the car wash or the house. All their assets have been frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    It's 75 mins including breaks in the states. Actual episode was just over 53 minutes.

Its a bit like the "extended" finales of Lost, they seem to supersize them to make more money on the ad breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how long would people say passed in that episode?

will the next episode just start with walt buying a car & heading back

At least 2 (because of the glasses) & probably 4 months (the flash forward was about 4 months ahead).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I'd say at least 3 months. Ed didn't know about the chemo when he dropped Walt off in New Hampshire, so Walt probably asked for it at Ed's first monthly visit. On the next visit Ed missed the vein so this was at least his third visit.

Not much longer either, the New Hampshire ski season goes from mid-December to mid-March and we have seen snow all along.

Advertisement