Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Napoli v BDortmund - Over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 with Ladbrokes and over 3.5 @ 11/5 with Boyles. The 2.5 is a stand out price for me and a max bet - Hard to assess history here with all the new players coming into both teams but the one common theme here is the large amount of Quality attacking players on display. Higuain, Callejon, Pandev for Napoli and the usual for B Dortmund -Lewandowski, Reus, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Błaszczykowski etc - This will not be a nil all :eek:

Never in Doubt - Phew :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I need your help guys, should I cover myself, or should I man it, What would be the profit I can make out of that.
    I honestly can't see Santos winning tonight, Santos Double Chance @2.40 and Draw @3.75.

Help??
    robertowjr wrote: »
    Barcelona Clean sheet @ 1.90 WON
    Under 13 corners on Barcelona match @ 1.33 WON
    Gremeio to win @ 1.57 (Brazilian League)

Treble @3.99 Bet365.
    Stake: €90
    Returns: €360

They conceded 4 in the last two matches, but they were playing strong sides, it's time to keep a clean sheet.

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Wasn't planning on doing much tonight but somehow the following makes sense to me

Giroud wincast @ 5.00

Eto'o wincast @ 2.50

Balotelli anytime @ 2.30

Well that went well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 3.5 in
    Austria vs Porto
    Marseille vs Arsenal
    Napoli vs Dortmund
    Milan vs Celtic
    @ 3.05

Boom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Marseille 8/11 to have over 3 shots on target, barce +chelsea win, 100euro

Chelsea are the greatest pile of dung ever,that team wont finish top 5 in the prem in fact id put money on it useless cnuts:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Well that went well :pac:

I see your 3 and raise you one: :D

1 Frank Lampard Chelsea v Basel
    (To Score at Any Time) 18/09/2013 None 2.37 Lost
    2 Jackson Martinez FK Austria Vienna v FC Porto
    (To Score at Any Time) 18/09/2013 None 2.05 Lost
    3 Olivier Giroud Marseille v Arsenal
    (To Score at Any Time) 18/09/2013 None 2.87 Lost
    4 Marek Hamsik Napoli v Borussia Dortmund
    (To Score at Any Time) 18/09/2013 None 3.00 Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

inforfun wrote: »

Ha!

One of those nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

inforfun wrote: »

Well, at least I wasn't the only one that backed him. Some small comfort I guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

going for upsets and mostly aways in the CL, some singles and combos of same
    Anderlecht
    Celtic
    Basel
    Leverkusen
    Dortmund
    Schalke
    Arsenal

By the way my decisions are purely based on liking the attacking style of play most of these teams try to play .

after a disaster on Tues night,a single on Basel 8/1 got me back more or less all square.
    I hope everone came thru week one of CL unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I really do not trust Arsenal tonight - even with Ozil there - and think Gignac Anytime @ 3.75 (Paddy) is too high. :(

Aldo don't trust AC Milan - so Celtic DC @ 2.62 :(

And, my usual Lampard Anytime @ 2.30 :(

Top notch picking by me tonight :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Already wrote up for a few of today's games. Here's what I'm doing myself,
    hopefully another profitable night!

Mario Balotelli To Score And Ac Milan To Win 7/5
    - €25

Chelsea -1 10/11
    Atletico Madrid -1 21/20

Works out just shy of 3/1. €10 on that

Ramsey anytime goalscorer 6/1 - €10 on that

Hopefully I can add to last night's winner

Gonna follow ye w a 5r on both the Messi and giroud bets too! GL all

Ramsey u beaut!!! hope some of ye got on that, cracking price. And whoever said Messi hatrick made it a decent nights profit!! Dunno what happened chelsea, but sure 2 winning nights in a row :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    18 Sep 19:45 AC Milan v Celtic

M Balotelli anytime 13/10

That price looks a little on the large side for a player who has scored in his last 3 games for Milan. While Celtic acquitted themselves okay away from home in last year's group (won away in Russia) they still conceded 2 goals in all 3 games away from Parkhead. I expect them to conceded tomorrow night and Balotelli should be the man to punish them.

18 Sep 19:45 Chelsea v FC Basel

David Luiz anytime goalscorer 9/2

The Brazilian certainly enjoyed his European football last season, netting four times en route to Chelsea's victorious Europa League campaign. He netted in both legs of the semi final against Basel so the 9/2 for him to find the net makes great appeal, particularly with Mourinho's strikers not firing on all cylinders.

18 Sep 19:45 Marseille v Arsenal

Arsenal to win 6/4

The Gunners have recovered well from their shock opening day defeat to Aston Villa and have strung together a decent run of form, winning all 5 games since that shock defeat. With the addition of a genuine world superstar in Ozil there is certainly a feel good factor around the Gunners now. I expect them to continue that against a decent Marseille side.
    Arsenal are on an impressive run of away form (winning their last 7 league games away from home, in addition to a 3-0 win in Turkey against Fenerbahce in the qualifiers).
    STAT: Arsenal won their most recent game against Marseille at the Stade Vélodrome 1-0 in the group stages of the 2011-12 season.

Ramsey to score anytime 6/1

The scorer that day in their 1-0 was Ramsey, who is in the form of his life right now. The young Welshman has five goals from his last 5 games, including a fantastic brace in the weekend win at Sunderland. The 6/1 for history to repeat itself and Ramsey to score at the Vélodrome again should be snapped up.

yeehaw!!!

tinodz wrote: »
    Top notch picking by me tonight :o

Okay, fixed everything rather quickly!,

zViWt9q.png

Will be back to lose it tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

after a disaster on Tues night,a single on Basel 8/1 got me back more or less all square.
    I hope everone came thru week one of CL unscathed.

Some nice picking there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Feck anyway- I had M Balotelli anytime 13/10 and his free kick came so close.
    I have Ramsey to score first goal...
    At least I had Altectico Madrid -1 to win which they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

alrght guys not posted for a while but been on a little winning streak on the both to score and win coupon which pays great odds been doing singles and doubles thought id share my picks today

valencia to beat swansea btts 11/4

real betis to beat lyon btts 3/1

10 singles

10 double

anyone know much about zulte waregen thinking of backing them at 6/4 as i feel wigan wont want to progress too far and will concentrate on the league

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Avfctom wrote: »
    alrght guys not posted for a while but been on a little winning streak on the both to score and win coupon which pays great odds been doing singles and doubles thought id share my picks today

10 singles

10 double

anyone know much about zulte waregen thinking of backing them at 6/4 as i feel wigan wont want to progress too far and will concentrate on the league

I'd be careful with Valencia, they have been poor this season and not scoring too freely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

10 singles

10 double

Seen them most of both matches against PSV for the CL. Didnt impress me at all. PSV knocked them out rather comfortable and in their turn were no match for AC Milan.

Also got a pasting away to Genk last weekend. If Wigan puts out anyting near a 1st team, Zulte will find it hard i think.

Two bets for me today....

Gais Win (vs Hammarby) @ 5.20

Hammarby home games are usually very low scoring affairs, but Gais are pretty high scorers when playing Away. It a speculative bet, as Hammarby are a much better team than Gais, but I feel like it is one of those games when the underdog could turn over the bigger team. In terms of season form, Hammarby have got 16 points from 11 Home games, where as Gais have 15 points from 11 Away games - so IMO they are much closer than the odds suggest.

Not sure if I want to touch the Europa League, as it looks very dodgy, but like the odds on Michu Anytime @ 3.60. Valencia are hardly rock solid in defence, and we all know what guy can score.

Level stakes on those two bets,

I'm gonna be all over Zulte any way. Have won all three home games in Belgium (including against Anderlecht).

Wigan have made a pretty poor start to the season and I'd say league would surely have to take priority over this though I guess I could see a big effort for this one. Just don't think they're good enough to be honest and those are generous odds for a home tie for Zulte Waregem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

I'm gonna be all over Zulte any way. Have won all three home games in Belgium (including against Anderlecht).

Wigan have made a pretty poor start to the season and I'd say league would surely have to take priority over this though I guess I could see a big effort for this one. Just don't think they're good enough to be honest and those are generous odds for a home tie for Zulte Waregem.

What's the Wigan team news?

What's the Wigan team news?

Missing Holt, Ivan Ramis and Caldwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bultip

Maribor – Rubin Kazan

20:00

By: foni

Maribor will play with Rubin Kazan in match from Group D of the Europa League. Maribor played in the Champions League earlier this season, but the team was eliminated in the play-off round and came in the groups of Europa League. Rubin Kazan started their participation in the second-highest European club tournament from the second qualifying round and succeeded to go the way to the groups. My opinion is that there will have under 2.5 goals in the match. This prediction was true in 4 from the last 4 matches (in all competitions) of each of the teams. The game should be challenged and I think that the number of goals will be under 2.5.

Prediction: Under 2.5 goals @1.70 Bet365

Bultip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Drogmal wrote: »
    I'd be careful with Valencia, they have been poor this season and not scoring too freely.

yeah they have been very poor but with swansea playing a difficult energy sapping game against liverpool on monday and travelling i think they may struggle 2 games in 3 days is alot to ask of any team gut feeling says 2-1 valencia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

yeah they have been very poor but with swansea playing a difficult energy sapping game against liverpool on monday and travelling i think they may struggle 2 games in 3 days is alot to ask of any team gut feeling says 2-1 valencia
    Be also worth noting that Lyon are awful and have scored 1 goal in 5 games, id expect Betis to beat them comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Betis straight win is my bet for today. I'm just annoyed I didn't take it when the odds were a bit better in the last few days. Can't see anything but a Betis win in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

a few bets I like tonight -

BTTS double Arsenal and Napoli games - nice

Draw halftime/Milan full time in Celtic/Milan game - very nice!

Draws - Arsenal/Napoli/Athletico Madrid game - oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Dont know if that Liverpool game was too energy sapping, Swansea dominated possession the last hour of the game and the experts say its always easier in posssession.

Valencia have lost three on the bounce as well and look to be really struggling with that said they have been scoring well enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Zulte Waregem -1
    Over 2.5 goals (Valencia v Swansea)

8/1

• Advertisement

For the less adventurous here, over 1.5 goals for Fiorentina looks decent at 4/9 looks pretty good to me.

Pacos Ferreira have conceded 15 goals in their 6 games so far this year. In 3/4 games away from home they have conceded 2 or more, and the only game they didn't was a 1-0 loss to Olhanense (their only win so far this year, having finished one place outside of relegation last year).

Fiorentina on the other hand have scored 10 in 5 games. 5 came against Genoa, they have been a bit incosistent only scoring 2 at home in 1/3 games but this Pacos Ferreira team looks so bad I'll be very disappointed if this doesn't come in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement