Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas bargain alerts thread!

• 11-09-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,810 ✭✭✭✭

I just thought I'd start this thread so we can let each other know about special offers that we might come across in the next few weeks. Whether it's on groceries or decorations or gifts.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Outdoor 6 gang extension lead dry box.......

16 euro in Kinsealy Garden Centre.

Bought 1 the other day for the lights and outdoor Christmas tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,810 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Tesco last night and they had the tins of Quality Street, Celebrations, Roses and Heroes for €7.00. You'd probably get them cheaper in a few weeks tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I was in Tesco last night and they had the tins of Quality Street, Celebrations, Roses and Heroes for €7.00. You'd probably get them cheaper in a few weeks tough.

All these are €6.20 in Navan still lads.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got this email from Yankee.ie this morning, said I'd share it for anyone that loves the Christmas Yankee candles!

www.yankee.ie
    Special Festive Early Buy - Extra sizes and fragrances added!
    Apologies if its a little early, but we have had so many requests for a festive special, that we are continuing our early buy offer until Tuesday October 1st.
    This amazing deal is on selected festive and winter fragrances.

Large Jars & Tumblers €13.95
    Medium Jars & Tumblers €11.95
    Regular Tumblers €7.95

Stocks are limited and its available online immediately and in our stores at The Park, Carrickmines - Toughers, Naas, - Tramore Road Waterford - Kinsale Road Retail Centre Cork - Deerpark Killarney - until Tuesday 1st October.

All Large jars on offer are just €13.95 each.

All Medium Jars on offer just €11.95 each.

All Regular Tumblers on offer €7.95 each.

Yankee Store

Online www.yankee.ie

Retail Stores

Dublin - The Park Retail Park, Carrickmines

Kildare - Toughers Business Park, Newbridge Road, Naas.

Waterford - Tramore Road (beside Smyths Toys)

Cork - Kinsale Road Retail Centre, South Ring (beside Smyths Toys)

Kerry - Deerpark Centre, Killarney (besdie Marks & Spencer)

Tesco Clarehall and Artane...........

Large tins of Roses and Quality Street were 13 euro,now 6 euro.

They were never really 13 euro...its just Tesco trying to dupe people into buying them and making people even fatter,as its not even Halloween yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco Clarehall and Artane...........

Large tins of Roses and Quality Street were 13 euro,now 6 euro.

They were never really 13 euro...its just Tesco trying to dupe people into buying them and making people even fatter,as its not even Halloween yet.

Believe it or not Tesco Clarehall were selling them for €13 back in August. I remember seeing them and thinking ha they won't be at that price for long. I think legally they have to sell them at the higher price for 30 days before they can say now €6 were €13 etc, etc...

Loughc wrote: »
    Believe it or not Tesco Clarehall were selling them for €13 back in August. I remember seeing them and thinking ha they won't be at that price for long. I think legally they have to sell them at the higher price for 30 days before they can say now €6 were €13 etc, etc...

IMO 13 euro is/was too much....as they aint that big a tin.

But its all just a racket and a marketing ploy to get people to buy more and more junk food....that all.

But I suppose its a Christmas bargain of sorts...if you can hide them away for that long.:pac:

Solar powered outdoor/party/festive lights on sale in Homestore & More.

Most are half price or less.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/summer-accessories/garden-solar-lights/icat/spesumacc1garlig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got this email from Yankee.ie this morning, said I'd share it for anyone that loves the Christmas Yankee candles!

www.yankee.ie
    Special Festive Early Buy - Extra sizes and fragrances added!
    Apologies if its a little early, but we have had so many requests for a festive special, that we are continuing our early buy offer until Tuesday October 1st.
    This amazing deal is on selected festive and winter fragrances.

Large Jars & Tumblers €13.95
    Medium Jars & Tumblers €11.95
    Regular Tumblers €7.95

All Large jars on offer are just €13.95 each.

All Medium Jars on offer just €11.95 each.

All Regular Tumblers on offer €7.95 each.

Homestore and More are normally great for Yankee Christmas fragrances (the large jars), if there's one near you. €13.95 as well I think.

Alicat wrote: »
    Homestore and More are normally great for Yankee Christmas fragrances (the large jars), if there's one near you. €13.95 as well I think.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/candles/icat/candles

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/large-jars/icat/canlarjar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Dunnes are doing tins of mc vites Victoria biscuits for 5.99 today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

paddy147 wrote: »
    Solar powered outdoor/party/festive lights on sale in Homestore & More.

Most are half price or less.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/summer-accessories/garden-solar-lights/icat/spesumacc1garlig

Thanks for this..... I'm sorted for Christmas and my mother got a lot of lights for her summer BBQ's. actually those wine bottle solar lights are great, don't know how I missed them. Guessed I'm going back tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,810 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From today the 22nd-Sat 28th at Tesco.

Jacobs Afternoon Tea Biscuits 1Kg SAVE 5.99 Was 12.99 Now 7.00.
    Jacobs Milk Chocolate Kimberley 660G SAVE 5.49 Was 12.49 Now 7.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Argos are doing 3 for 2 on all toys until the 1st of October

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons have a toy sale on too.

The Leappad Ultra (its this years version if you're not down with the kids :D) is selling for €99.99 in both Argos & Smyths, both mention that its a saving on the RRP, so theres a chance it will go up before the big day.

Selected Lalaloopsy minis are BOGOF @€;7.99 in Smyths, handy stocking fillers

They also have various Sylvanian playsets reduced at the moment.

http://www.toys.ie/Fisher-Price-Stand-Up-Ballcano-!123812-prd.aspx

http://www.toys.ie/NERF-Vortex-Pyragon-!124836-prd.aspx

http://www.toys.ie/Moxie-Girlz-Horse-Riding-Club-Horse-with-Doll-!115031001-prd.aspx

http://www.toys.ie/Barbie-Pet-Slide-n-Spin-Pups-!129760-prd.aspx

I'm trying to think of other things I saw instore, I'll stick them up if I can remember. HTH

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭lashofeye

25% off selected toys and books in M& S

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

i got a kids jewelery making set in tesco drogheda yesterday .
    shelf price said 35 euro but scanned through the till at 22 euro. rather happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Great offer! I wonder when it ends!

If you go into special offer details it's says 12th November :)

Love2love wrote: »
    If you go into special offer details it's says 12th November :)

I did NOT see that!

Thank you very much! :)

nice sized choccy santas on sale in lidl for 89 cents each . bought 4 of them earlier on today
    exact same sized one is 2 euro 90 cents in tesco . no thanks tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Not sure if this is of interest Aldi have six Christmas cards in a pack for 1.50 (I think) - you insert your own photo in the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 seahorse61

10% off at cogs the brain shop - good options for Christmas toys.

Enter 'cogs10' to get 10% off at www.cogsthebrainshop.ie

The code is still working

deelite wrote: »
    Not sure if this is of interest Aldi have six Christmas cards in a pack for 1.50 (I think) - you insert your own photo in the front.

10 for 1 euro 49 in dealz .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

Pre Christmas sale on decorations in 2 euro shop on north Main Street cork
    Lots of juicy shiny baubles and sparkling lights :D

• Advertisement

mothercare and the early learning centre have a 50% off sale on at the moment . got some nice prezzies for some of the kids in there today and saved alot of money in the process .

cadburys and nestle chocolate advent calanders reduced from 3 euro to 2 euro in tesco . bought 3 of them and each scanned through the till at 1 euro 50 cents each .

cadburys selection boxes reduced from 4 euro to 1 euro 85 cents in all tesco stores . they are 2 euro in dealz .

I tell you one thing Crazy Eye, you have some eye for the bargains! ;)

I tell you one thing Crazy Eye, you have some eye for the bargains! ;)

i do be in tesco getting the daily newspaper and doing the lottery tickets and have seen that they do be reducing a fair few items as it gets closer to the big day .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tripi

Just got a newsletter in from Clever Clogs with details of their annual warehouse sale. I went last year and picked up some great Santa presents - there's always lots of little suprises that they don't tell you before the sale. Well worth a trip! They're based in Kinsealy in North Co. Dublin, just off the Malahaide Road.

They are posting details on their Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/430639963704302/

• Advertisement

Tesco Clearwater have reduced various sizes of tv wall brackets . I know its not a specific christams bargain but might be usefull for anyone doing up a room in time for the big festive day . I got a 46 inch tilt wall bracket for 13 euro 50 cents it was 50 euro . happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Kilkenny shop on Nassau st, have up to 50% off everything (may not be everything everything but even Christmas decorations and Nicholas Mosse were reduced!:D)
    Good discounts, especially on Waterford crystal. They've really nice Christmas stuff this year as well

woodies have a 20% off weekend this saturday and sunday so you can get 20% off all things christmas like trees lights and decorations .

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/596289/280101.jpg

b & q have 20% off all christmas lights at the moment . might be usefull for anyone stopping off at one of their shops over the weekend .
    chap in liffey valley told me they will also accept the woodies 20% off voucher in b & q too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just a heads up for anybody in the market for an iPod touch 5th gen Amazon.co.uk are selling the white 32gb for £205 which is around €238. €50 cheaper than the likes of PC world and it's free shipping. Other colours are available at similar prices. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPod-touch-32GB-Generation/dp/B009A5ED4K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1384626678&sr=8-5&keywords=ipod+touch+5th+generation

• Advertisement

i know lots of people dont like joe duffy but at least he trying to do his bit for local economies. heard that bargaintown are selling a table and 4 chairs for a fiver when it starts on 6th december .
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1114/486604-joe-duffy-launches-festive-fiver-friday/

bought a christmas advent calendar in aldi today for 99c , chocolate sweet inside each door and game on back of it for kids to play .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ticktoe

washiskin wrote: »
    All these are €6.20 in Navan still lads.....

& are €5.99 in centra

ticktoe wrote: »
    & are €5.99 in centra

quality street is 4 euro 99 in aldi and cadburys roses are 4 euro 99 in eurospar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Homestore and More are having 50% off all Christmas lights, candles and table linen at the moment. Free delivery too if you order online :)

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/

tesco have reduced all their led christmas tree lights by 50% bought 300 multicoloured lights this evening reduced from 43 euro to 21 euro . can be used indoor and outdoor too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Some good deals in Tesco alright and also at HomeStore+More

all christmas tree light reduced to half price in homebase now all the stores are competing for peoples money now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Tesco Advent Calander One Day only offers; Tomorrow Day 2 is Furby Boom for €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 41 magochre

Where can I get a tin of afternoon tea biscuits? Loads of tins of other brands/varieties available on special offer but no afternoon tea in sight so far this Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement