Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Another horror show. Alicia Keys is gorgeous but I really hate this song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

"Dreams" by Gabrielle...she sounds and looks like she's having a stroke.

They may not be to your taste (as all taste in music is entirely subjective), but you can't say they're talentless.

I can..i utterly detest the Beatles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

chopper6 wrote: »
    I can..i utterly detest the Beatles.

OK, you don't like them, but talentless? You not liking does not equal no talent...not even in the whacky wonderland of AH!

I am pie wrote: »
    OK, you don't like them, but talentless? You not liking does not equal no talent...not even in the whacky wonderland of AH!

What one person considers talent is not necessarily what another person considers talent.

The Beatles appeal was largely their boyish charm(they were the first Boy Band really) and the Beatlemania that swept the world cheered on by a bunch of horny teenage girls...musically they had nothing new to offer and later crawled up their own arses when they tried to ride the hippy bandwagon by reinventing themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Anything by Nirvana.

I loved them when i was a young teenager but now find a lot of their stuff cringeworthy. I really never want to hear Smells like teen spirit again.

Sounds like your cringing at the memory of yourself as a teenageer, not the songs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

1980 - 1989

Everything and anything musical therein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Tabnabs wrote: »
    1980 - 1989

there were a few decent songs during that time, but granted, not many.

So why stop at 89? Were u a Britpopper?

1980 - 1989

1984 was mankinds musical peak. Its downhill all the way from there

Kettleson wrote: »
    Sounds like your cringing at the memory of yourself as a teenageer, not the songs.

Nirvana whinging shiite

• Advertisement

It got to the point that you couldn't switch on a radio without hearing this song. That overplaying lasted for months.

I struggle to think of a song that was more overplayed. Other than "everything I do......." by Bryan Adams and "I will always love you" as performed by Whitney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

What one person considers talent is not necessarily what another person considers talent.

The Beatles appeal was largely their boyish charm(they were the first Boy Band really) and the Beatlemania that swept the world cheered on by a bunch of horny teenage girls...musically they had nothing new to offer and later crawled up their own arses when they tried to ride the hippy bandwagon by reinventing themselves.

Talent isn't really measured by subjective opinion, but there's another forum for this. They were very innovative and have albums worth of material that remain extremely popular and influential to this day. Not that I am their biggest fan, but to label the Beatles talentless based on your own personal tastes is pretty weird.

I can´t stand Ballet or Opera, cringe when the missus tries to drag me along, but do I think the singers and dancers are talentless? No, of course not.

I am pie wrote: »
    Talent isn't really measured by subjective opinion, but there's another forum for this. They were very innovative and have albums worth of material that remain extremely popular and influential to this day. Not that I am their biggest fan, but to label the Beatles talentless based on your own personal tastes is pretty weird.

I can´t stand Ballet or Opera, cringe when the missus tries to drag me along, but do I think the singers and dancers are talentless? No, of course not.

Almost every band have been subjected to that label at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Anything by Mumford and Sons, Coldplay, Oasis, Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, and Bastille.

Oh and that "IMPOSIBUHUHUHUL, IMPOSIBUHUHUHUL" song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Calling the Beatles talentless is moronic, wether you like them are not. They were talented in song writing, musicial ability and on stage performance. You cannot say they were not talented at at least one of those things.

Ha, people on this thread are having a real hard time seeing talent beyond songs/bands they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gratzi22

Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares to U.

Drivel of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Wawrinka wrote: »
    Run fast from your mother by Florence and the machine. I think that is the most annoying son of all time.

The Dog Days are Over, I agree. She just bellows. And then she bellows some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Get Lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gratzi22 wrote: »
    Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares to U.

Drivel of the highest order.

Ah now, as far as covers go that's pretty up there, the Prince original is class too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

akura wrote: »
    AC/DC Thunderstruck :mad:

Years of going to rock bars has ruined songs like this for me.

Or maybe they were just shyte to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oasis - Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger

So overplayed I can't stand them now! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

In addition to what has already been said, their work in the studio - and much credit goes to George Martin - was f*cking astounding given the technology of the time.
    And while they may have been drawing on the work and electronic advancements made by art music composers of the time (Stockhausen et al), to package those elements within well-crafted popular song structures - even to have the initial idea to do it - was what made the music so wonderful. Sort of like Radiohead drawing on Charles Mingus and Olivier Messiaen and so on and combining the influence with more modern rock tropes.. But I suppose they're talentless too?

Honestly, if you can give more than a cursory listen to Revolver or Abbey Road or Sgt. Peppers and respond so negatively... I don't know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

krudler wrote: »
    Ah now, as far as covers go that's pretty up there, the Prince original is class too

Agreed. I always preferred Prince singing it, because I felt it was more moving coming from a man; I figured it was because I'm a man. But then Sinead herself said the same thing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

1980 - 1989

Husker Du, Butthole Surfers, Bongwater, Big Black, Sonic Youth, Minor Threat, Fugazi, The Jesus Lizard, Bad Brains, Mudhoney, etc… The American Underground scene was absolutely amazing before Grunge and Major Labels sucked all the semen out of it's balls. Factor in the beginning of Acid House and Techno in Detroit along with the rise of hip hop and you actually have one of the most fascinating decades for music stateside but one that is completely underrated.

Over in the UK you've the likes of New Order, Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Blue Nile, Talk Talk keeping the flame lit along with the likes of 808 State cranking it up for the 90s.

I'm not going to even bother arguing with anyone that hates the Beatles. Their loss…

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Grayditch wrote: »
    Calling the Beatles talentless is moronic, wether you like them are not. They were talented in song writing, musicial ability and on stage performance. You cannot say they were not talented at at least one of those things.

Ha, people on this thread are having a real hard time seeing talent beyond songs/bands they don't like.

Much as I love the Beatles, can you really say this? From what I believe most of their live shows were simply drowned out by screaming girls, so nobody knew if they sounded decent or not.

I'm being very picky here of course (and going OT), they were great writers and musicians and for all I know may have been great live too! I saw McCartney a few years ago in Dublin and thought he was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

how bizzare..du du du du du du how bizarre how bizarre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

Ketchup Song
    Macarena
    Gangham Style

and any other similar senseless crap. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Come on Eileen (played to death upon release and the became a standard end of the night song at every ****ty niteclub, alongside Love Shack, which i also hate)

Also anything by the Lighthouse Family or Savage Garden/Darren Hayes :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.

I never ever want to hear that song again as long as I live.

Advertisement