Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm in at #12!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

/me gets nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Completely forget about draft until 10 o'clock. Log in to see what's been auto-drafted. Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, Gronk. Result.

Completely forget about draft until 10 o'clock. Log in to see what's been auto-drafted. Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, Gronk. Result.

Maybe i should have auto picked :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Anyone tell me how long is left in the draft? Had to leave for work after my 6th pick so wondering how long I have left to wait and see what I autopicked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

In Exile wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how long is left in the draft? Had to leave for work after my 6th pick so wondering how long I have left to wait and see what I autopicked

Tis all said and done. Took around 2h 10m or so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That could have gone better :/

Autopick left me with 5 RB's, 5 WR's, 1 TE and no defence.....

Autopick left me with 5 RB's, 5 WR's, 1 TE and no defence.....

Isn't autopick supposed to fill your starting team first?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Isn't autopick supposed to fill your starting team first?

That's what I taught too. I'll just pick one up on the waiver/free agency today or tomorrow.

It also gave me 2 Jets wide receivers! I may support the Jets but I didn't want any of their players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That's what I taught too. I'll just pick one up on the waiver/free agency today or tomorrow.

It also gave me 2 Jets wide receivers! I may support the Jets but I didn't want any of their players!

I'll take them off your hands. Send them to me.

Team name: The Butt Fumblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Not sure how I feel about last night, 16 man league means your bench is load of crap, so hear is praying for no injuries or substance-abuse bans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

well lads who's happy/unhappy after the draft? Not too displeased with mine tbh, think I got some good value in places but gave up too much in others.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    well lads who's happy/unhappy after the draft? Not too displeased with mine tbh, think I got some good value in places but gave up too much in others.

It descended into madness when someone started picking DEF in the 6th round...

BKWDR wrote: »
    It descended into madness when someone started picking DEF in the 6th round...

And kickers in the same.
    Happy enough I got Doug Martin, Demarco Murray, Eric Decker, Eli Manning and Sam Bradford to name a few.

Are yards from Punt returns considered, I had quick look at league set up and they appear not to be included unless NFL.com included then just as offensive yards?

Kinda ragin, on hols, cant change team and I have flacco on the bench so his points dont count...is the fantasy game over or can I swap him in or am os it jist after the weekend that all points are totalled?

Kinda ragin, on hols, cant change team and I have flacco on the bench so his points dont count...is the fantasy game over or can I swap him in or am os it jist after the weekend that all points are totalled?

You can't change your line-up once the player in questions has started their game. So Flacco is stuck on the bench, though you can change the rest of your line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Are yards from Punt returns considered, I had quick look at league set up and they appear not to be included unless NFL.com included then just as offensive yards?

I'm almost certain that they don't count.

Came up against Welker and Thomas in the first week :(.

• Advertisement

Watch game Thursday Night your comment could be a regular post as anyone comes up against Broncos, looked good. Great offensive last year & Welker great addition. Decker also will improve to be top WR

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Came up against Welker and Thomas in the first week :(.

And you're 20 points up.

Kinda getting the hang of this fantasy football lark but have questions.

When can you change people? As in skins have yet to play and I have a wr on bench...I cant put him on my starters now no?

If I drop or waiver a player how long is the gap before I can pick up a new player? (Same with transfers etc)

When can you change people? As in skins have yet to play and I have a wr on bench...I cant put him on my starters now no?

Only if you have another WR who hasn't started. Once a player's game has begun they are locked in that position - be it starting or on the bench.
    If I drop or waiver a player how long is the gap before I can pick up a new player? (Same with transfers etc)

All waivers are processed on (I think) Wed night/Thurs morning. After that you can add and drop to your heart's content immediately until the first game starts.

Thought I was sitting pretty only needing 12 points from the Skins D and Bryant :(

RG3 is killin' me here...

Who would you start first?

RG3 @ GB

Flacco Vs CLE?

RG3 is showing more projected points. .does anyome pay too much attention to projected points?

Griffin was decent when he found a rhythm in the second half in fairness

Projected points are sketchy to say the least. They're based off Madden simulations, there is no human input into them and they regularly have ludicrous figures. They're an alright guide if you really have no idea but if you have an opinion one way I wouldn't let it be swayed by the projected points.

I'd probably start Flacco as I'd want to see RG3 start and play well in another game or two before I trust him, but its a close enough call.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'd probably start Flacco as I'd want to see RG3 start and play well in another game or two before I trust him, but its a close enough call.

Start Flacco, GB pass rush looked great and so did defense against QB runs on Sunday and RG3 is still a bit rusty.

Another question, at what stage qould you drop the likes of Gronk (NE) from team or he worth holding on to long term? I know he's due back...but ifyit rolls into week 4 and hes not starting etc.

• Advertisement

Unless you can pick up Julius Thomas on waivers (very unlikely) then there isn't much TE quality out there so you may as well hold on to him. If you need space I'd be dumping Marvin Jones off my bench long before dumping Gronk.

Advertisement