Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

squonk wrote: »
    Oh I loved the Wire reference! Didn't even think it was intentional when it started and it just really smacked it out of the park when Catriona mentioned it, and Mike doing a Bunk with the pen :).

Loved that reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Rachel seems to have lost a good bit of weight and is now too skinny - Donna has over taken her, although I still wouldnt say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Mc Love wrote: »
    Rachel seems to have lost a good bit of weight and is now too skinny - Donna has overtaken her, although I still wouldnt say no!

Er, Donna was always the frontrunner mate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked Rachel's wee twitch when Donna rubbed her with the brush. And I too back the office policy that insists on Rachel and Donna getting together.
    Loved the Wire references combining that murder investigation with Clay.

So many references though what was the one about Louis asking Katrina what she would say if he asked her to murder someone? Or was it a reference?

An episode from 10 years ago? Wow! What a surprise. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    An episode from 10 years ago? Wow! What a surprise. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy next week.

Yup. Looks like its gonna be a really good episode. And while I'm primarily in the ginger corner, I didn't see any reference to Rachel in the trailer, is it that hard to come up with a high school/college freshman story that will fit into the episode?

pajopearl wrote: »
    Yup. Looks like its gonna be a really good episode. And while I'm primarily in the ginger corner, I didn't see any reference to Rachel in the trailer, is it that hard to come up with a high school/college freshman story that will fit into the episode?

I think going into her issues with getting into law or perhaps if that's way too late maybe a bit of back story with her relationship with her father would have been nice.

Also, I'm so slow when it comes to linking actors to other pieces of work that they've done. Took me until now to realise that her father was Bunk in TheWire.

Speaking of TheWire, I also never noticed that Carcetti was Aidan Gillan when I was watching it. Yeah I'm bad when it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

pajopearl wrote: »

There's no reference to Louis or Daniel Hardman either (assuming it was Pearson Hardman ten years ago). It looks like they're going to use the flashback to channel the relationship between Harvey and Cameron and how they've come to blows.

I liked this week's episode even if the Hessington Oil case is dragging a tiny bit but they're getting to a conclusion. The Mike/Rachel storyline has reached a bit of a crossroads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From that trailer
    Thought Cameron didn't have the moustache back then and that's why Harvey keeps making fun of him. And what are the chances we'll have some interactions like Mike passing Rachel or bumping into Harvey.

Was that Stephen leaving Donna a note to say yoga was cancelled? How dare he?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Very good episode.

Couple of question which may have spoilers in them:
    Why did Harvey tell Jessica before he was certain the case was done? I get that he perhaps wanted to change his mind in relation to the deal, but why before the case was finished?
    Who does Harvey hit in the trailer for the next episode? Thought it looked like Mike but surely it was to be Steve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Good episode - Louis's "I need a day" was a highlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I liked how Donna guessed Louis wanted braces but didn't have the balls to get them. Fairly sure he had braces in the 5 year flashback last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good episode which only had one thing that bothered me -
    Mike twirling that bag of weed around like he was holding the baton at the front of a parade

All in all I think they've tackled this season very well, they've given good insight and character development I think, as well as progressed from last season, where I was left wondering what direction they'd take.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I wonder will we get to learn that Mike is eligible for Harvard as the Dean never went through with his threat and 10yrs ago Mike just simply never accepted the offer. opens the door for him to go off to Harvard, rachel to Stanford and a convenient 4 yrs later skip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Oh dear.

Poor Donna. :( I'd cheer her up tho.

Filler episode as regards the Ava storyline, but with Louis in it, still very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I thought the last scene was very good. I wonder how they're going to deal with Rachel at law school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Really poor episode.
    Haven't enjoyed this arc nearly as much as the Daniel Hardman story.

The last time a mock trial was done it was about the fate of the company and it still felt unnecessary, this time it was about ownership of a cat. How can these lawyers justify spending a day on this?

And I felt like the Steve reveal was just the writers way to get us on side with Harvey et al again, because really all the main cast (save Donna) have acted out of nothing but self interest over recent weeks.

Really poor episode.
    Haven't enjoyed this arc nearly as much as the Daniel Hardman story.

The last time a mock trial was done it was about the fate of the company and it still felt unnecessary, this time it was about ownership of a cat. How can these lawyers justify spending a day on this?

And I felt like the Steve reveal was just the writers way to get us on side with Harvey et al again, because really all the main cast (save Donna) have acted out of nothing but self interest over recent weeks.

That's a bit harsh.

Surely the Steve reveal is more a way of facilitating of breaking up the merger? Or least creating that argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I still think it was playing too much to the audience, nearly to teach Donna a lesson on our behalf.
    Right from the gates, we've been told that her and Harvey have chemistry, and a history, but it's off the table now.
    Then they toyed with her feelings for him in the last Mock Trial episode, with her all but confessing her love for him.
    Now, for the first time since the show has started, she's got a love interest. Naturally, viewers find this a shake-up, as we're still holding out for her & Harvey. The latter reacts poorly to it, admits as much, and to help justify his behaviour, we make Steven someone who will orchestrate a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I wonder will we get to learn that Mike is eligible for Harvard as the Dean never went through with his threat and 10yrs ago Mike just simply never accepted the offer. opens the door for him to go off to Harvard, rachel to Stanford and a convenient 4 yrs later skip

He can't go back to harvard, that would be an admission he has been practicing without a law license all this time and see every ruling he's been involved in overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

He can't go back to harvard, that would be an admission he has been practicing without a law license all this time and see every ruling he's been involved in overturned.
    that and the hacker chick from season 1/2? hacked into harvard to put mike in their system and gave mike the law degree cert,

brilliant episode i thought, while some of the back and forth in the murder trial is getting a bit tedious, i think everything else is being done quiet well, harvey wants respect over all else, and thats including controlling the firm in any way, he understands that jessica has a major part to play in the firm and if he pushed for the managing partner role he would be left to deal with darby and no jessica to back him up,

i thought the steven reveal was brilliantly done, youd wonder how people walk around acting all superior while doing things like that, and it does happen i have no doubt about it whatsoever, and i feel sorry for poor donna in it all, you can see why she was attracted to steven in the first place and you could see the utter shock in her face when mike said what he done,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

miralize wrote: »
    I thought the last scene was very good. I wonder how they're going to deal with Rachel at law school.
    It's Columbia she was accepted into so she's only around the corner in Manhattan, I'd imagine she'll still be a regular character.

I hope to jaysus this is the end of the Hessington Oil plot arc, it's been boring me to tears how much they've torn the arse out of it.

Great to see Harold again, his face when the list of his screwups was read out was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This season hasn't been as good as 1 and 2. Hardman was a great arc. He was grounded in the history of the firm, he was smart and dangerous. Why should we care about Hessington? Why should I care if she did or didn't have someone killed. She's not a main character. They should have focused this season more on Cameron as he's the enemy that has legs.

And you all know my feelings on the way mock trials are portrayed in this show as I've said repeatedly in this thread. When it was about something semi important they were silly, when it's about a senior partners cat ownership......its ridicu Loius :P Less of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

too much louis cat nonsense

Robbo wrote: »
    It's Columbia she was accepted into so she's only around the corner in Manhattan, I'd imagine she'll still be a regular character.

I hope to jaysus this is the end of the Hessington Oil plot arc, it's been boring me to tears how much they've torn the arse out of it.

Great to see Harold again, his face when the list of his screwups was read out was hilarious.

The hessington oil plot is a season long case isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Shane732 wrote: »
    The hessington oil plot is a season long case isn't it?

At least until episode 10 i'd imagine. Then the break for the final six episodes. I really hope they bump the order for another 4 eps though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It seems like the Hessington Oil case should be done and dusted, it looks like it might now turn into a battle between Derby and Pearson-Specter.

I loved the whole cat story. It was just a good way to highlight how tough it's been for Louis and how that was the only way that was helping him cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

If you added up a day's lost billing hours from all the lawyers at the mock trial it must have cost the firm tens of thousands of dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

miralize wrote: »

My 2 Cents: Earlier in the season Mike obviously had chemistry with Louis' understudy Katrina (sp?), cue Rachel being a fringe character while Mike and Katrina get closer, causing tension between Mike and Rachel - making Rachel still have a purpose on the show in the short term.
    The latter reacts poorly to it, admits as much, and to help justify his behaviour, we make Steven someone who will orchestrate a murder.

I think you're looking at this from one side only - this has more to do with the merger and who they've gotten into business with, moreso than Donnas choice of men and Harveys reaction to it - that's the sideshow imo

Stephen is Darbys right hand man, he 'fixes' things so you can be sure he knew about this, there's going to be a large fallout from this but for my money it'll all end up hunky dory with Harvey keeping his unbeaten record, the merger of Pearson Darby scrapped, Harvey getting senior partner with Mike stepping up as his right hand man and taking on more cases of his own.

Another reason why I think they held the mock trials was to get around to the loss of Nigel - himself, Stephen & Darby are the only characters from Darbys company, Nigel is now gone via the stupid cat storyline but you can see why they felt the need to inject some humour and additionally keep Rachel in the show next season with the Columbia reveal.

Now only Stephen & Darby remain to be dispelled. Either way - they've gone around developing the storyline nicely I think

Looking forward to next week already

Advertisement