Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

CatInABox wrote: »
    Finished downloading it the other day, a quick half hour "kick the tires" session escalated pretty quickly, 4 hours later I put the controller down.

A wonderful sense of progression in it.

I loved Crackdown, then a certain 7yr old somehow delted/overwrote my saved progress :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got stuck in to Crackdown over the long weekend, was playing for about 4 hours before I thought to myself... "How come I haven't got any achievements yet?"

Completed it 5 years ago and forgot about it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Been co-opping with a friend on psychotic. Hilarious. Had a moment after killing the Volk boss to pick up his body, shout in triumph and hurl the corpse into the ocean. Was very 90's action movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

When is the next game available? And ideas what it will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

martin101 wrote: »
    When is the next game available? And ideas what it will be?

Tomorrow, dead rising 2 and dead rising case zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

calex71 wrote: »

Cool, thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »

They're up now. I've added them to my ever growing queue of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Direct links:

Dead Rising 2
    Case Zero

6 Agility Orbs left to find in Crackdown and it's driving me mental. Especially as now in real life I keep looking at buildings and trying to plan the easiest way to the top.

Enjoyed playing through this again though I must say, is crackdown 2 worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

maximoose wrote: »
    6 Agility Orbs left to find in Crackdown and it's driving me mental. Especially as now in real life I keep looking at buildings and trying to plan the easiest way to the top.

Enjoyed playing through this again though I must say, is crackdown 2 worth a go?

It's not as good but still a lot of fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If I add these to my download queue will I be able to play them in a month or 2? Hard drive is full and I don't have much time at the moment, so I won't be able to properly download these for a few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jester77 wrote: »
    If I add these to my download queue will I be able to play them in a month or 2? Hard drive is full and I don't have much time at the moment, so I won't be able to properly download these for a few weeks.

Once you "purchase" them, you own them forever, meaning that you can download them at any time in the future.

I've been adding them to my console on Xbox.com, and only downloading what I want to download.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hadn't realised that, thought I could only download them in the two week window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

When I first played Dead Rising many years ago, it was fun - tried DR2 you can get since last weekend, it was just... I dunno, boring? :|

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Definitely more arcade-y than I'm used to for this type of game (having played Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare recently), but still fun!

Mind you, I hadn't played DR2 when first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Does anyone know what the next games will be? I just bought Skyrim there yesterday and absolutely love it so it's going to take something special to get my attention away from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the next games will be? I just bought Skyrim there yesterday and absolutely love it so it's going to take something special to get my attention away from that.

Ya I think Skyrim IS the next free game! :pac:

I'm reading Halo 3 will probably be one of them, another game I'd have no interest in but will probably download anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'm reading Halo 3 will probably be one of them, another game I'd have no interest in but will probably download anyway :)
    Yeah, Halo 3 released September 2007 - so I'd say they might do it next month to mark the anniversary.

I'm finding Dead Rising to be incredibly boring.

Go find this guy
    Come back to safe house
    go find this guy
    Come back to safe house
    go get zombrex
    come back to safe house

The "cases" give a little variation but still a bit tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm finding Dead Rising to be incredibly boring.

Go find this guy
    Come back to safe house
    go find this guy
    Come back to safe house
    go get zombrex
    come back to safe house

The "cases" give a little variation but still a bit tedious.

It's marmite. Really don't know why they never allowed an open world option from the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No confirmation or announcement on sundays free game yet. Most places speculating its L4D and Borderlands 1 others saying it's gears of war.

I hope not on all 3!!!! I have them already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

The format it's followed so far seems to be a old lesser/obsurce game (Defense Grid, Crackdown) on the 1st and then a bigger title on the 16th (Fable III, AC, Dead Rising 2). The three you've named would (to me at least) be 'big' games. I'd happily take any of those you mention but I'm preparing myself for some XBLA I've never heard of, just in case.

Well, at least it'll be free. It certainly ties in with the whole "first game in a month being obscure" theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Dont know if I would call Crackdown obscure in any sense. 1.5 Million copies sold apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So, that magic game, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/ent-games-with-gold-september

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Godammit, was really hoping for halo 3 this month.

Magic: the gathering and Rainbow 6: Vegas

Don't have either! Excellent.

See here

EDIT: I'm getting slow in my old age, didn't see the above posts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Zero interest in Magic the Gathering, but very happy with Rainbow 6.

Advertisement