Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Games with Gold

24567112

Comments



  • I wonder will halo 3 multiplayer get a bit of a revival now when this eventually is free to us. Be interesting to see how it'll stack up against halo 4 numbers wise on multiplayer




  • DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I wonder will halo 3 multiplayer get a bit of a revival now when this eventually is free to us. Be interesting to see how it'll stack up against halo 4 numbers wise on multiplayer

    Yeah was wondering that myself. I can't see it getting up to the Halo 4 numbers (around 35000 at peak these days) but there's bound to be some sort of spike in it, Fable III got up to the top ten while it was free so you never know.




  • I've played a little bit of it. It's ok, but I wouldn't have paid for it. The DLC is 4 map packs at 80 points each and another DLC at 400. So, 720 points. A bit under a tenner.




  • I'd say what Microsoft are doing is release one XBLA game and one retail game a month




  • Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah was wondering that myself. I can't see it getting up to the Halo 4 numbers (around 35000 at peak these days) but there's bound to be some sort of spike in it, Fable III got up to the top ten while it was free so you never know.

    Halo 3 is the best Halo game - bar none....

    Reach was like Halos Greatest Hits

    Halo 3 is my favourite Xbox Game of all time tbh.... I don't think any game has brought that amount of joy to me and my mates than Halo 3

    I don't even mutter Halo 4 in the same breath as the Bungie games - as they ain't Bungie - they turned Halo into Halo Of Duty.....

    Can't wait for Destiny, I'll be buying that for the PS4 when it comes out....


  • Advertisement


  • Fieldog wrote: »
    Halo 3 is the best Halo game - bar none....

    Reach was like Halos Greatest Hits

    Halo 3 is my favourite Xbox Game of all time tbh.... I don't think any game has brought that amount of joy to me and my mates than Halo 3

    I don't even mutter Halo 4 in the same breath as the Bungie games - as they ain't Bungie - they turned Halo into Halo Of Duty.....

    Can't wait for Destiny, I'll be buying that for the PS4 when it comes out....
    I really liked 4, and Reach!




  • Pushtrak wrote: »

    well its the best in the series of assassins creed games
    so i aint gonna complain :) will enjoy playing it again
    currently playing number 3 for the first time since the sale went on for it :) enjoying it but , boy they really do drag it out getting to be the main character haha




  • Fieldog wrote: »
    Halo 3 is the best Halo game - bar none....

    Reach was like Halos Greatest Hits

    Halo 3 is my favourite Xbox Game of all time tbh.... I don't think any game has brought that amount of joy to me and my mates than Halo 3

    I don't even mutter Halo 4 in the same breath as the Bungie games - as they ain't Bungie - they turned Halo into Halo Of Duty.....

    Can't wait for Destiny, I'll be buying that for the PS4 when it comes out....

    Don't want to drag the the thread off topic but as someone who plays both Halo and CoD I can honestly say Halo 4 plays nothing like CoD. I liked Halo 3 and I like Halo 4 (though I never got into 3's multiplayer as much as I would have liked), they're both great in their own right. Hell, I've never sunk more hours into a game in my entire life than I have with Halo 4. Couldn't care less that Bungie weren't involved.

    When was the last time you played Halo 4 btw? They've changed around the playlists, introduced more gametypes, balanced the weapons (BR destroys now), put the red X's back in, put in ranking (only on waypoint though), timed weapon spawns etc. It's been consistently getting better since it was released.

    I wasn't dissing Halo 3 in any way in my post by the way, all I did was mention the online population of it's sequel. Looking forward to Destiny too although it didn't look very good at E3 imo.




  • Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't want to drag the the thread off topic but as someone who plays both Halo and CoD I can honestly say Halo 4 plays nothing like CoD. I liked Halo 3 and I like Halo 4 (though I never got into 3's multiplayer as much as I would have liked), they're both great in their own right. Hell, I've never sunk more hours into a game in my entire life than I have with Halo 4. Couldn't care less that Bungie weren't involved.

    When was the last time you played Halo 4 btw? They've changed around the playlists, introduced more gametypes, balanced the weapons (BR destroys now), put the red X's back in, put in ranking (only on waypoint though), timed weapon spawns etc. It's been consistently getting better since it was released.

    I wasn't dissing Halo 3 in any way in my post by the way, all I did was mention the online population of it's sequel. Looking forward to Destiny too although it didn't look very good at E3 imo.

    Funnily enough I logged into Bungie a while back to check my Halo stats and I noticed I have played more Halo 2 online (almost double) than Halo 3, and then I played half the amount of 3 with Reach....

    Maybe I just kind of grew out of the game at some point I would say but I have to say 343 did an amazing job on the Campaign of Halo 4, it's bloody brilliant and my fave one since H2 campaign... (even with that ending!)

    I admittedly did not give Halo 4 much of a chance in Multiplayer, I hated the idea of weapon drops and really thought the game overall feels clunky to me (especially vehicle combat) in parts compared to Reach or 3, I thought some of the best parts of Bungie era halo was the race across the map to get the powerful weapons - followed by the carnage at various heat points across maps...

    I only played 4 up to a level 12 or something and the odd time I play with the wee lad when he has it on for old times sake... we have all the maps and stuff so maybe I will go back to it sometime!

    I got into Battlefield 3 along the way (never thought I would play a "military" shooter, but I love it) and had similar great moments with mates online with that, reminiscent of Halo 3 good times, and most of the lads I did play Halo with play BF3 now, again though, I kind of tired of that even now and I am on a single player game buzz at the moment... :P

    I suppose what I should have said (and been a bit clearer!) is in 5 years time when we are well into "next gen" when I'm rekindling the memories of the stand out games on the 360, the first one I will think of will be Halo 3... :-)

    @Meesared - I do love me some Reach also... :-)


  • Advertisement


  • Assassin's Creed II is now free.




  • Assassin's Creed II is now free.

    Thanks for the heads up man just picked it up there ;)




  • Had to use the search to find it , downloading it now:D




  • DLC is on sale for it in deal of the week too, though if I remember that dlc was made up of chapters cut from the game, so I didn't buy it when it came out on principal.




  • Wouldn't even think of buying DLC for those games tbh. Better off getting brotherhood and revelations second hand or cheap online. They have their problems as games (prefer revelations myself, less pointless side missions) but they both round off Ezio's story very well.




  • I've tried to download Assassin's Creed 3 times now and it's not working.

    The progress bar doesn't change from 0%, but eventually the game no longer appears in My Active Downloads.

    Then there's no sign of it in My Games. When I check the hard disk, it's showing as 5.2gb, but incomplete.

    Any ideas?




  • You'll probably have to delete it and re-install it again.




  • downloaded it
    have to say the game has aged haha looks completely different to how i remember it

    still a great game though :)




  • siblers wrote: »
    You'll probably have to delete it and re-install it again.

    Yep, as I said in my post, I've done that 3 times or more, cleared the cache etc., same story I'm afraid.

    Doesn't seem to be a common problem, think a call to Xbox Support will be required. I want my free game dammit!




  • Can't wait to get into AC2... Before I begin, any bull**** bugs or glitches I should be aware of... Nearly had 1000gs in the first one, but got laced with two glitches at the same time :(... Nearly broke the disc in half...


  • Advertisement


  • I had a glitch in the first one, but can't remember ever having anything in any of the other ones. The glitch I had in the first was that there were two Altairs on the screen who I was in control of, and I had to make sure neither one didn't get stuck in terrain somewhere or I couldn't progress. It was pretty cool getting in to a fight with lots of people around and using both to fight. I couldn't always get both to connect, but when I could, it was pretty cool. I got to a point I couldn't progress on for some reason, it was ages ago so can't remember that level of specificity, but being in control of two Altairs is something you'd remember.




  • Slugs wrote: »
    Can't wait to get into AC2... Before I begin, any bull**** bugs or glitches I should be aware of... Nearly had 1000gs in the first one, but got laced with two glitches at the same time :(... Nearly broke the disc in half...

    Iirc 1 or 2 chapters in the game were held back as DLC but its much smoother than ACIII.




  • Yep, as I said in my post, I've done that 3 times or more, cleared the cache etc., same story I'm afraid.

    Doesn't seem to be a common problem, think a call to Xbox Support will be required. I want my free game dammit!

    Tried the download one last time....and it worked! I assume it was a temporary glitch.




  • Any word on the August titles? Only rumors so far but many saying Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown




  • calex71 wrote: »
    Any word on the August titles? Only rumors so far but many saying Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown

    Great, another 2 games I can grab off my shelf should I feel the need to....

    The only game this has offered me so far that I will take a look at is Fable 3, and I skipped it initially as I had hear bad reports, although I briefly enjoyed the second one....




  • sorry if this has been asked before but can i download and play games from a usb? with these games with gold out iv run out of space on my HDD.




  • Happy Wars available for free download. I have no idea what it's like, but it looks fun :)

    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Happy-Wars/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410ae9




  • Allyall wrote: »
    Happy Wars available for free download. I have no idea what it's like, but it looks fun :)

    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Happy-Wars/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410ae9
    That's Free to Play, not in the Games for Gold promo. Not a bad game though I will say




  • Meesared wrote: »
    That's Free to Play, not in the Games for Gold promo. Not a bad game though I will say

    I just found that out..
    Ah well.. Still looks like fun :)


  • Advertisement


  • Can't play it on Silver though... Money-grabbing assholes... Since Micro$hit reneged on their promise of Halo 3 for July, is there any indication of when it will actually be released?


Advertisement