Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting people in their place.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Having to recite the story and brag about it in this forum not once, but twice... you still seem a bit upset over it. The kids retort for funnier is what I'm trying to say, you key ring for his bruised ego is lame...cringe.. I'm out

Well to be clear I wasn't bragging I posted it as I thought it was relevant to the thread :confused: Im not upset about it I tried to explain my post to you was all .. my bad it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Around 12 years ago I was in the Q bar on O'Connells bridge, had just moved up from Cork to Dublin

There was a group of girls at the bar and this guy walked over and said 'excuse me'

Girls completely blanked him, so again he said, 'hi, sorry excuse me' think he was from somewhere around Tipperary.

Yer one turned around and said in a weird fake english accent

WHO THE FOK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
    DO YOU who I am like
    I DO NOT WAYSTE TIME ON THE LIKES OF YOU
    YOU ARE NOT EVEN AT A LEVEL TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE
    OH MY GOD GET OUT OF MY FACE AND CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR BOGGER HOLE.

Guy just said

"You dropped your phone walking out of the toilet"

Just shook his head slightly with disapproval/confusion handed her the phone and walked off.

Everyone around that saw/heard the incident started breaking their asses laughing and yer one stormed off out of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

You see what actually happened here was, the OP went into a store, make a complete fúcking idiot out of himself and now he is here to tell us all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Thread of the year? Purely on the basis that it makes absolutely no fúcking sense at all

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I reeeally wish OP would come back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I forgot about this thread. Seems to have caused alot of confusion

I am working on better threads that stem away from personal experiences and more current affairs type stuff.
    CarMe wrote: »
    I reeeally wish OP would come back!!

CarMe, meet the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

confused

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

can you put someone in their place days after an incident has happened? or would that be called revenge??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

pundy wrote: »
    can you put someone in their place days after an incident has happened? or would that be called revenge??

A form of L'esprit de l'escalier, methinks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Few years ago when i was much bigger and trying to shed weight i went walking along the bypass with my sister. Man walked passed us and said " nice day for it ladies" and my sis said "yep has to be done sure". 2 traveller teenagers nearby yelled out "oh yea fatties it deffo has to be done" so i yelled back "Well at least my sister isint my mother"

How we didnt get chased and beaten is beyond me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Few years ago when i was much bigger and trying to shed weight i went walking along the bypass with my sister. Man walked passed us and said " nice day for it ladies" and my sis said "yep has to be done sure". 2 traveller teenagers nearby yelled out "oh yea fatties it deffo has to be done" so i yelled back "Well at least my sister isint my mother"

How we didnt get chased and beaten is beyond me:D

That is a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I declare everyone who didn't get it a humour free zone. The OP put that lady in her place. Wifi? I have three.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I declare everyone who didn't get it a humour free zone. The OP put that lady in her place. Wifi? I have three.

Yeah, but, it's his reaction, as if he crossed his arms and smirked at her is the issue.

If he had said, "I laughingly said we had 2", well maybe he would have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well this is one thread that certainly lived up to it's title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Itwasntme. wrote: »

I still don't get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

I smirked.Thread gets a smirk from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So today my OH was buying a smart phone and the assistant was loving showing off how tech savy she was when she asked " You have wifi dont you" in a patronising way.
    My OH looked at me quizingly to which I replied " yea, we have two of them"
    This shut her right up and we bought the phone and insurance and left.
    Have you ever put some wise crack in their place?

Just curious OP, but why did your OH look at you 'quizingly' ?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Some auld boot said I looked like a boy the other day - I quickly turned around and said " At least I don't look like you"

I'm usually the one who thinks of these things to say the following day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Some auld boot said I looked like a boy the other day - I quickly turned around and said " At least I don't look like you"

I'm usually the one who thinks of these things to say the following day :rolleyes:

That reminds me of one. I was driving between Thurles and Kilkenny and stopped into a shop on the way. Some old man was in there and asked 'Are you a boy?' (I had long hair at the time)
    'are you a boy or a girl? Do you have a little willy?'

I was like the fúck? He was bursting his hole laughing so I told him to 'go fúck yourself you old cúnt' and gave him the finger as i drove away.

Fúcking wierdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I always put people in their place, I'm a steward in one of the LoI grounds :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Is Lando a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was on a bus a while ago and a few scrotes, around 14/15, were giving some hipster looking lad a load of abuse. The chief abuser was as fat as shít and trying to show off to his mates. Anyway, he started calling the bloke a paedo - the beard and glasses probably gave him the idea. He started saying "I bet you want to ride me, don't you, you paedo?", to which the previously silent bloke replied "Sorry, you have the wrong person, I don't **** baby whales....." From the laughs of his mates, you knew he'd be hearing that for a while afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I forgot about this thread. Seems to have caused alot of confusion

I am working on better threads that stem away from personal experiences and more current affairs type stuff.

For crying out loud. Would you not just explain your post for everyone please? Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, considering nobody understood it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Elbaston wrote: »

While telling the OP that he has sand in his vagina, we're putting him in his place, thus having sand in our own collective vagina.

Wtf?:confused:
    Sand in our collective vaginas.
    Pull yourself together man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

whirlpool wrote: »
    For crying out loud. Would you not just explain your post for everyone please? Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, considering nobody understood it.
    Nobody? I dont understand.:confused:
    What is it that is not understood?
    Are you understanding the misunderstanding but not understanding the misunderstanding about the misunderstanding,
    or do you not understand the misunderstanding, so understanding the misunderstanding, but not understanding the misunderstanding about the misunderstanding?

I'm not sure I understand...
    ..about the misunderstanding...
    ...about the misunderstanding....
    ....not about the misunderstanding about the misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

shleedance wrote: »
    I can never think of one to save my life.

The closest I got was when a knackerish kid said to me as I went down the road "nice bike" in a very sarcastic tone. I replied "nice hat" in an equally sarcastic tone.

Correct response:

"You should see me other bike. It's YORE MA!" :pac:

*LOLLERCHORTLE*

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

When ever anyone tries to go one up on me I reply "my dad could beat your dad"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

steddyeddy wrote: »
    When ever anyone tries to go one up on me I reply "my dad could beat your dad"!
    My dad's dead. Why would you even say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I have two wifi networks in my home, one has changed dns settings so i can get american netflix and the other has unchanged dns settings. All you need is another router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I once told a girl that the only thing she deserved from life was cancer.

At the time it seemed like the put down of the century but since that day and for the 15 years since it haunts me day and night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement