Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting people in their place.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Nemeses wrote: »
    I stand corrected, I do apologise!

These are the same caps with the propellers on them isn't it?

Yes but different to Caps Lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I get it, the OP and his OH are Mormon, they have two wives... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Yes but different to Caps Lock.

Noted. :)

Back in line with the thread....

You've been served :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I stand corrected, I do apologise!

These are the same caps with the propellers on them isn't it?

The very ones, proper air circulation prevents overheating;)

wil wrote: »
    The very ones, proper air circulation prevents overheating;)

I know someone that has the same hat in work..

By god the fellow needs it or else all hell would break lose..

• Advertisement

I know someone that has the same hat in work..

By god the fellow needs it or else all hell would break lose..
    :eek: I thought they only existed in some vague recollection of at a guess 1940s cartoon, then I scared myself by finding out I was far too right for my own good.

Added to "stuff I shouldn't know and must forget"

Propellor head - stuff you inadvertently learn in AH, shudder

But then, Waaaheeey, OP, get one of these, problem pwned.

wil wrote: »
    :eek: I thought they only existed in some vague recollection of at a guess 1940s cartoon, then I scared myself by finding out I was far too right for my own good.

Added to "stuff I shouldn't know and must forget"

Propellor head - stuff you inadvertently learn in AH, shudder

But then, Waaaheeey, OP, get one of these, problem pwned.

<Insert youtube clip here>

If that hat is definitely the real deal..

Dibs!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Are all these thinking hats made of tinfoil so this mysterious wifi can't get them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

The girlfriend sounds hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

So today my OH was buying a smart phone and the assistant was loving showing off how tech savy she was when she asked " You have wifi dont you" in a patronising way.
    My OH looked at me quizingly to which I replied " yea, we have two of them"
    This shut her right up and we bought the phone and insurance and left.
    Have you ever put some wise crack in their place?

I'd say she felt like a right clown when she realised your OH didn't know the answer to an honest question, got smartarsed about it and then bought the product and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Cringy thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Mugatuu wrote: »
    In the shop I work in, a large group of students came in the other day, three guys came up to the counter, they were all fairly tall, seemed older and I didn't think they were part of the students, one of them was a good 6ft and I asked did he get any petrol or diesel and he laughed in my face and handed me a bottle of sprite.

I looked and him and repeated the question and he goes "erm no I'm 18 for god sake?!" I replied "I assume you didn't get fuel then". and he responds with "clearly not... I got a bottle of sprite" proceeds to point to it on the counter and goes "Oh I suppose you want to see my Age-card for the sprite do you?!"

Seen as he was rude to me for no reason and clearly acting up in front of his friends I decided to put him in his place and told him no I clearly didn't want to see his little age card and asked him if he wanted a medal? he started to go all red and I handed him a "share a coke" key-ring, he asked what the key-ring was for and I told him it was for his bruised ego and his friends burst out laughing at him and he went even more red!

In fairness he deserved to be put in his place for showing of to his friends by being rude to me.. idiot !:pac:
    LisaLee wrote: »
    I was working in a deli and we had a hot food unit with a door that customers could open on their side of the counter and take out the food (burgers, chicken wings etc). It had a sign above it called 'Grab and Go'.

One day a group of lads came in and one of them stands in front of it, has a look and knocks on the glass of the unit.
    Guy: "Hey! Here, you!"
    Me: "Yes?"
    Guy: "Gimme a burger and some chicken wings"
    *His friends are watching and smirking*
    Me: "Sure, just open the door on your side and take them out."
    Guy: "What? How does this thing work?"
    Me: *Pointing to the sign* It's a grab and go unit. You just open the door and grab the food you want, then go to the till and pay for it.

He went bright red and his friends fell about the place laughing at him. Not the first time he had tried showing off in the shop in front of his mates, but it was the last time! :D

I don't really get these two either.
    I blame the OP for getting things off to a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I get it. It is one of those thinly veiled look at how successful my other half is because he can afford a smart phone AND insurance threads.

Good luck with ever claiming on the insurance by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

No idea what the OP is talking about.

Mine is a silly one but only happened yesterday. Was coming in from the car with my shopping (i live in town) and I had a big pack of kitchen roll and this little skanger with his skanger friends were watching me struggle will all the stuff and one said "are you going in for a fine **** with all your toilet roll" and I replied "you wipe your ass with kitchen roll do ya" and his friends were all going ooooooooo ooooooooo and he called me an ugly bitch then. And I cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I think the OP's comeback was to pretend they were stupid by saying "two of them". Otherwise, I have no clue. This coming from a guy who can never think of a good comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No idea what the OP is talking about.

Mine is a silly one but only happened yesterday. Was coming in from the car with my shopping (i live in town) and I had a big pack of kitchen roll and this little skanger with his skanger friends were watching me struggle will all the stuff and one said "are you going in for a fine **** with all your toilet roll" and I replied "you wipe your ass with kitchen roll do ya" and his friends were all going ooooooooo ooooooooo and he called me an ugly bitch then. And I cried.

both very good comments tbh. The ugly bitch bit means you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I forgot about this thread. Seems to have caused alot of confusion

I am working on better threads that stem away from personal experiences and more current affairs type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I am working on better threads that stem away from personal experiences and more current affairs type stuff.

While you're here, would you mind explaining the joke to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I get it :cool:.

Thank you. Yes there is an opening for a current affairs type person in AH.
    You do have a typewriter dont you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I get it :cool:.

Tell us?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

and?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

There is nothing to get, worst comeback ever. Unfollowing this, stopped being funny 10 pages ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

I feel sorry for the OP. I can only imagine what it's like when you realise Alan Partridge is cooler than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

This thread was a delight. Which makes the awful joke just about worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Best At Doing Wheelies

In the shop I work in, a large group of students came in the other day, three guys came up to the counter, they were all fairly tall, seemed older and I didn't think they were part of the students, one of them was a good 6ft and I asked did he get any petrol or diesel and he laughed in my face and handed me a bottle of sprite.

I looked and him and repeated the question and he goes "erm no I'm 18 for god sake?!" I replied "I assume you didn't get fuel then". and he responds with "clearly not... I got a bottle of sprite" proceeds to point to it on the counter and goes "Oh I suppose you want to see my Age-card for the sprite do you?!"

Seen as he was rude to me for no reason and clearly acting up in front of his friends I decided to put him in his place and told him no I clearly didn't want to see his little age card and asked him if he wanted a medal? he started to go all red and I handed him a "share a coke" key-ring, he asked what the key-ring was for and I told him it was for his bruised ego and his friends burst out laughing at him and he went even more red!

In fairness he deserved to be put in his place for showing of to his friends by being rude to me.. idiot !:pac:

If anything the young lad put you in your place with his reply asking "Oh I suppose you want to see my Age-card for the sprite do you?!" ...Brilliant! Pure wit! Your reaction giving him a cocacola keyring (??) was just milking the filthy redner on your face. Laughed at! Nothing funnier than someone getting ruined by a bunch of kids.

Who was confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

If anything the young lad put you in your place with his reply asking "Oh I suppose you want to see my Age-card for the sprite do you?!" ...Brilliant! Pure wit! Your reaction giving him a cocacola keyring (??) was just milking the filthy redner on your face. Laughed at! Nothing funnier than someone getting ruined by a bunch of kids.

Would ya gway he did not put me in my place!:pac: I wouldn't call him asking if I wanted to see his age card wit, more him being an arrogant little sh*t showing off in front of his friends. I didn't have a filthy redner on my face at all, dealing with all sorts of people like him coming into the shop I'm usually pretty immune to stupid carry on. The kids didn't ruin me, the other two he was with came across quite nice :) The keyring was for his bruised ego for getting put in place in front of his friends for being rude.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

If your are gonna say "we have two of them" you need to do it Hans Gruber style. That really puts them in their place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Best At Doing Wheelies

Would ya gway he did not put me in my place!:pac: I wouldn't call him asking if I wanted to see his age card wit, more him being an arrogant little sh*t showing off in front of his friends. I didn't have a filthy redner on my face at all, dealing with all sorts of people like him coming into the shop I'm usually pretty immune to stupid carry on. The kids didn't ruin me, the other two he was with came across quite nice :) The keyring was for his bruised ego for getting put in place in front of his friends for being rude.. :rolleyes:

Having to recite the story and brag about it in this forum not once, but twice... you still seem a bit upset over it. The kids retort for funnier is what I'm trying to say, you key ring for his bruised ego is lame...cringe.. I'm out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement