Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here if you need assistance filling out the grant form!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 colml cule

thanks for the quick reply, what exactly is the sort code? would it be the branch code number, six digits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

sort code is your branch, say your with AIB, each AIB will have an individual sort code (By location), its like an area code. its a 6 digit number usually at the top of your statements from the bank and goes like 90-00-01 etc. If you cant find it, you can ring your bank and ask for it over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 colml cule

so thats everything you need is that, theres no hidden extras they ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    If you're going into 4th year, when its an optional year, do you list the ordinary degree as a separate course or what?

can anyone answer this?

Yeah Thats all they asked me when I did mine last week. Just make sure your account number and name is correct etc before you save it
    colml cule wrote: »
    so thats everything you need is that, theres no hidden extras they ask for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ilsee

Hi,

Could you please advise

I applied for Student grant and now I got the notification: "Provisionally Awarded.Your application will be fully assessed once we confirm receipt of course acceptance directly from the CAO"

So, I got acceptance from the CAO online application (round A as a mature student) and t an e-mail form the offering institution that the place is secured. So, should I "PrintScreen" the CAO online section about my acceptance and send it to the SUSI or I need to wait till I get the registration letter in late August and sent a copy?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Hi guys

almost finished my online application. But what kind of paper work do I need to send to Susi to complete my application? I am very late getting it sorted so I hope I will not be late getting them sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,759 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Hi guys

almost finished my online application. But what kind of paper work do I need to send to Susi to complete my application? I am very late getting it sorted so I hope I will not be late getting them sent.

http://www.susi.ie/What-you-have-to-do-to-finalise-your-application.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

If you're going into 4th year, when its an optional year, do you list the ordinary degree as a separate course or what?

anyone?

some kind of answer at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Ok so I am ok until they get in touch with me, thanks for the reply guys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

anyone?

some kind of answer at least :pac:

Hmm personally I would list it as the same course. Even though the year is optional you're essentially 'topping up' your ordinary degree to an honours degree. Either way you should be covered for the four years by grant since a lot of courses across Ireland are 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Anyone else on the final stage??.

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Anyone else on the final stage??.

what is it again, i've filled it out just not submitted?

or is that the part you're asking about

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Hmm personally I would list it as the same course. Even though the year is optional you're essentially 'topping up' your ordinary degree to an honours degree. Either way you should be covered for the four years by grant since a lot of courses across Ireland are 4 years.

i've it filled out the other way but yeah i was thinking on changing it, going on what you've said basically

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

what is it again, i've filled it out just not submitted?

or is that the part you're asking about

Am I sent back my documents and now they are basically running through it all again..?

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    Am I sent back my documents and now they are basically running through it all again..?

oh, i haven't submitted it yet

why are they going through it again?

Do SUSI reject people just on there online application, or do they ask everyone for documents and then decide? I mean, do they initially go through it and say yes or no and then sent the document request to students?

as for the Final Assessment Application awaiting assessment stage, is this just going through what i sent in and if its all ok they make a decision?

SUSI are currently reviewing my final course acceptance details. They've been reviewing since the 4th of July. How long does this part of the process normally take roughly? Will I hear back before September?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

after submitting the initial form how long should you have to wait? i submitted mine this day 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

if you put that you will be getting btea on your form but now you might not be can this be changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Eskarina Smith

Anyone on SUSI tonight? It has locked on me, repeatedly telling me a section is mandatory when I have completed it. Just wasted the last 45 mins as I can't save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

does anyone know what the story is with the bank details if you got the grant for a different course last year ?

when i try to enter my bank details like i was told by the susi package, it wont let me, saying they have already been entered and cannot be changed. does this mean they have my previous bank details from last years grant on system or have i done something wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

In regards to bank details.... what if you don't have one?

I don't want to proceed as I can't change them apparently.

Do I just leave it empty? I was thinking of starting an account in the next few weeks, but I don't want to wait to fill it in!

Thanks for any help

In regards to bank details.... what if you don't have one?

I don't want to proceed as I can't change them apparently.

Do I just leave it empty? I was thinking of starting an account in the next few weeks, but I don't want to wait to fill it in!

Thanks for any help

You need to have a bank account so they can give you your grant (if you're getting a maintenance grant).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daisydo13

roughly how long does it take to hear back from susi after late application ?

daisydo13 wrote: »

....long enough.

But really, I hear the average time to go to provisionally awarded is 10-12 weeks.

I'm on week 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,759 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

daisydo13 wrote: »

We can't say because every person is different but people who appllied on time are waiting between 10 and 15 weeks

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daisydo13

Oh jesus :( Well I received an email to say they've got my application but basically its first up best dressed to the people who've applied before the deadline. When do you think I will be getting further documentation in the post ?
    Thanks for the reply :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 rosepetal_irl

If you applied later than August 5th you could face having to wait until the November payment if you get a grant. However, I wasn't expecting any word from SUSI (since I only applied 19th August) until maybe the end of September (4 wks or so) but I got my request for documents last Friday.

So either they've almost processed everybody that applied early and can now sift through the stragglers, like me, or I am really lucky so far (touching wood, crossing everything etc....)

I'm not holding much hope for early payment but I do hope its a lot quicker than 16weeks for a decision either way and a lot quicker than last year!!

UPDATE: 16DAYS after initial online application and I'm at 'awaiting assessment' stage 4.....good sign or somethings going to happen as its too smooth??

Advertisement