Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

For Chunks the wraiths are by far the best option. But also make sure to head to the great hollow, strip off and go find the crystal lizards. You can quit and restart to make them appear again and they only appear in certain spots.

Have a quick search on youtube to see their locations as if I try explain it it will make no sense. Pretty sure there is 10 in total and the first seven are beyond easy to grab. You don't have to travel far at all. You might get lucky with slabs and chunks from them, or end up with 30 odd twinkling instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The one in the aquaduct who sells moss should have some too. If your discovery is high the ghosts should drop transient curses fairly regularly anyway so don't buy too many.

You only need to use one each run anyway as you can take a shortcut around upper new londo and drop straight into the ruins.

Getting back is the problem, the handiest I found was once you had killed all the darkwraiths head for the abyss where you fought The Four Kings then warp from there back to firelaink shrine and start again.

Problem is, i haven't beaten the kings yet which is why i want the chunks for my lightning Iato. Not to worry i'll make it back without the fire.
    Also your wan in the aquaduct only had 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

With item discovery up and/or ring on, the ghosts will drop 1 or 2 trasient curses every 2nd or 3rd kill so you will have more than you need, if you have none to start buy just 1 to get you started,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

weiland79 wrote: »
    Problem is, i haven't beaten the kings yet which is why i want the chunks for my lightning Iato. Not to worry i'll make it back without the fire.
    Also your wan in the aquaduct only had 4

Buy some transient curses off the merchant, she only has a limited few, while you're there buy a buckletload of homeward bones from her. Ghosts have a decent curse drop, plus there's a few lying around new londo. Take the shortcut drop to the wraiths(i'm assuming you've dropped the water level), farm the wraiths, when all are dead use the homeward bone to return to the nearest bonfire. Then rinse and repeat.

It's also possible to do the run without the transient curses, run past the first 2 ghosts, drop down kill the wraith by the pool, then draw out the wraiths near the 4 kings.

Sorry what do you mean about the shortcut? I know the one to the right as you come across the bridge that drops you nearish to the kings door. But why should i take this over just coming over the bridge and going directly up the stairs in front of me, surely there are plenty of wraiths this way as well?

• Advertisement

Sorry what do you mean about the shortcut? I know the one to the right as you come across the bridge that drops you nearish to the kings door. But why should i take this over just coming over the bridge and going directly up the stairs in front of me, surely there are plenty of wraiths this way as well?

That's the one, there's no other wraiths around ealier on in new londo. They're all at the bottom from when the water drained.

I'll stop after this i promise:o are the guys that you come across when you first cross the bridge not wraiths?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll stop after this i promise:o are the guys that you come across when you first cross the bridge not wraiths?

They're ghosts, the darkwraiths are the knight type guys in the lower ruins.

Ah The guys with black sheild thingy and that try to rob your humanity.
    The penny drops!

Anyone any ideas as to why i haven't picked up a single humanity after killing 40 rats in the depths? I have the covetus ring on.

• Advertisement

Anyone any ideas as to why i haven't picked up a single humanity after killing 40 rats in the depths? I have the covetus ring on.

Bad luck ??? quit out and reload, thats what I normally do after a few dry runs, usually I'll be back to getting 2 or 3 a run then for a while.

I'll try that, i actually got one on my last run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The Valley of the Drakes bonfire is far handier for farming Darkwraiths, just run past the drakes and go to the right once you're inside the big gate. If you follow the path around there's 8 or so darkwraiths and no ghosts to worry about. With the item discovery ring you should get 3 or 4 chunks on every run

Again just one more on that run but my item discovery goes up the more humanity i have right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Harps wrote: »
    The Valley of the Drakes bonfire is far handier for farming Darkwraiths, just run past the drakes and go to the right once you're inside the big gate. If you follow the path around there's 8 or so darkwraiths and no ghosts to worry about. With the item discovery ring you should get 3 or 4 chunks on every run

I hate that one I always just go down the elevator cross the first bridge - up the steps and then jump off the right side of the area. I hate those dragons though those ####in flying lightning attacks are the stuff nightmares are made of

Again just one more on that run but my item discovery goes up the more humanity i have right?

You actually have to use the humanity for that though, so that the counter in the top left is 1 or 2 or 10, you don't have to revert to human you can be hollow. Be mindful if you die be sure you can get back to it to recover it, maybe use a ring of sacrifice if going with the full 10 in use.

MOC88 wrote: »
    I hate that one I always just go down the elevator cross the first bridge - up the steps and then jump off the right side of the area. I hate those dragons though those ####in flying lightning attacks are the stuff nightmares are made of

Yeah I hated fighting those things but if you have decent stamina you can easily run past every one of them, they can't chase you up the steps either so shouldn't cause any problems.

Probably works out the same from either path but the Valley of Drakes one is quicker and you start with the first drake and work your way around so I preferred it

calex71 wrote: »
    You actually have to use the humanity for that though, so that the counter in the top left is 1 or 2 or 10, you don't have to revert to human you can be hollow. Be mindful if you die be sure you can get back to it to recover it, maybe use a ring of sacrifice if going with the full 10 in use.

Yeah i have the 10 equipped and am back in new londo trying to farm titanite chunks but dont have any transient curses (its always something) the jagged ghost blade does damage to the ghosts though so just waiting for them to drop a few curses and ill be laughing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you have 410 item discovery they'll drop so mnay transient curses you'll be sick of them

I think I posted the other night about accidentally smacking Rhea in the Pit and her not appearing where she should later, she would not talk to me me there so on a hunch I went and requested absolution went to the pit and she was then gone and where she should be for her quest line :)

• Advertisement

I think I posted the other night about accidentally smacking Rhea in the Pit and her not appearing where she should later, she would not talk to me me there so on a hunch I went and requested absolution went to the pit and she was then gone and where she should be for her quest line :)

Try the parish altar.

Bed of Chaos has to be the single most rage educing moment of the game so far for me, 1st 2 phases no problems but trying to get to the branch in the final part was infuriating, I either rolled off and missed or got swept aside or batted or set on fire :mad:

My helper decided she'd have a try and did it first time :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bed of Chaos has to be the single most rage educing moment of the game so far for me, 1st 2 phases no problems but trying to get to the branch in the final part was infuriating, I either rolled off and missed or got swept aside or batted or set on fire :mad:

My helper decided she'd have a try and did it first time :mad:

That bit drove me mad. The fire attack one hitted me a few times white I was trying to slash through the branches for the last part. The main thing for the jump is there's a tile that sticks out further than the others, go off there and you'll land on the branch without having to jump.

Did you
    save Solaire? I did everything I thought I needed to do with him and still had to kill him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you
    save Solaire? I did everything I thought I needed to do with him and still had to kill him :(

Did you
    become rank +2 in the Chaos Servant Covenant to open the shortcut in Demon Ruins?

Did you
    become rank +2 in the Chaos Servant Covenant to open the shortcut in Demon Ruins?

Yeah I did. I had gone as far
    as the bonfire where you find Solaire sitting before the start of Lost Izalith just after he helped me with the boss though, was that too far?

I was really paranoid about that,
    if he attacks you at the fog door the chaos worm got him no? I made sure I got the hat so i knew it was safe, I saw him sitting there on my way in and he was ok,

Also I believe .... I was doing some reading .... if you don't go through that short cut first into the area after killing the centipede even if you already cleared that tunnel in to that area and instead go through from the lava after the centipede boss it can effect it. Edit: That isn't clear , what I mean is you have to enter lost whats it called after killing the centipede through the shortcut and see him sitting there in the tunnel before the prowling demon on the bridge i think

No sign of Siegmeyer at Ash lake he did
    survive with full health in Lost Izalith
    maybe I need to clear another area to get him to move?

Feel I'm closing in on the end, I have Dukes and Painted World left I think.

Can you keep going after the end or do you have to move on to NG+ I'm just wondering at what point to go and kill all the NPC's???? Thats what I should do though right kill them all for their stuff :o Will that sin carry with me to ng+?

I was really paranoid about that,
    if he attacks you at the fog door the chaos worm got him no? I made sure I got the hat so i knew it was safe, I saw him sitting there on my way in and he was ok,

Also I believe .... I was doing some reading .... if you don't go through that short cut first into the area after killing the centipede even if you already cleared that tunnel in to that area and instead go through from the lava after the centipede boss it can effect it. Edit: That isn't clear , what I mean is you have to enter lost whats it called after killing the centipede through the shortcut and see him sitting there in the tunnel before the prowling demon on the bridge i think

No sign of Siegmeyer at Ash lake he did
    survive with full health in Lost Izalith
    maybe I need to clear another area to get him to move?

Feel I'm closing in on the end, I have Dukes and Painted World left I think.

Can you keep going after the end or do you have to move on to NG+ I'm just wondering at what point to go and kill all the NPC's???? Thats what I should do though right kill them all for their stuff :o Will that sin carry with me to ng+?

Kill the NPCs right before you decide to fight the final boss, once you defeat him you have a choice to make then it goes straight into NG+.
    Once you put the 4 souls in the Lord vassel a new area will open up, then all that's between you and the final boss is 5 silver knights. You can farm them as much as you want but if you beat the boss then it's into NG+ Be warned though, you are nearly guaranteed to get invaded if you're human in that area.

Regards Sigmeiyer,
    for him to appear at ash lake he has to jump down into the pit with you and fight those things, but he has to survive and have over half his health left. The easiest way apparently is kill all but one of them before you talk to him , which is what I tried to do, but the last one tried to follow me out of the pit and fell in a hole and killed itself so it didn't work. If they're all dead before you talk to him he gives you something and there's no way to get him to appear at ash lake after that I'm afraid

Yeah I took out 3 and weakened 2 talked to him and he jumped down I followed and destroyed the others before he got a shot in or took a hit.

Yeah I took out 3 and weakened 2 talked to him and he jumped down I followed and destroyed the others before he got a shot in or took a hit.

Oh wait, did you say you haven't done the duke's archives yet yeah? Now that I think of it there's parts of his quest that happen there that involves
    his daughter, who will also be at ash lake. i think you need to free her then speak to her afarwards at Firelink Shrine.
    Not sure how having already done the Lost Izalith bit will effect this tbh.

• Advertisement

Making good progress again for the past couple of days, New Londo Ruins finished yesterday, heard a lot about the Four Kings but with Havels Armour they were a pushover. Catacombs done this evening and I'm trying Demon Ruins at the moment, Ceaseless Discharge was simple but having trouble with the Firesage Demon now, fought him twice but can't seem to get close to beating him

Advertisement