Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not such a good night for me , had disastrous luck.

In arno londo either trying to do the dragon slayer and executioner or invade and kill the guy from firelink.

Wasted all of my humanity .... we'll I only had 3 .... by getting invaded both times, once while waiting for someone to summon and the second time by getting invaded..... again as I was going for solaire :mad:

So I was wondering as I have to go get some humanity from somewhere is it possible to use that cage at the top of Sen's fortress to travel freely from the lower and upper levels? Guess it really doesn't matter seeing as I have to go down now anyway but might make it a bit less annoying. The reason I'm hesitant to use it is I've seen whats below after I fell once, and I was planning on not resting s I can use a bone to fast travel back to arno londo :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you fall you can just run into a door in the corner... ehh...

as you enter sens for the first time, it'd be the corner of that underground pit on the bottom left

so if you fall, just run in there and you can escape.... somewhere.. somehow. i forget.

Oh cool was just checking it actually went to the 1st level and not lower down as in below that 1st bridge, but I need to activate it from the top 1st right?

yeah, i dont think you can call it from the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Easiest way to get humanity is to help someone else defeat a boss i think. Throw down a summon sign in hollow form close to a bosses entrance and you should be summond before long. Yes you should use the cage to travel between the lower and upper levels of Sens You wont go near the Titanite Demons by using it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Can you still farm humanity from rats in the depths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

tuxy wrote: »

The rat in the top of the hill by firelink in the aquaduct drops humanity often enough just run up kill him and back down to the flame, rinse and repeat

haven't got any humanity from that bastard in the last 30 times ive killed him

haven't got any humanity from that bastard in the last 30 times ive killed him

That's weird humanity is a common drop for any rat....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

MOC88 wrote: »
    Pew, pew, pew

cheap but effective!

I think I'm gonna make my next character an archer and see how far I get - it should be interesting

Cilantrogamer on twitch has been working on a Bow ONLY run. Doesn't practice every night, but if he's doing it you could get some tips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

The rat in the top of the hill by firelink in the aquaduct drops humanity often enough just run up kill him and back down to the flame, rinse and repeat

If I recall correctly that rat will only drop a humanity if you have none?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I wouldn't say the drop rate on humanity with rats is common. I'v farmed them before with nearly full item discovery and didn't get a whole bunch. If you have the DLC and a bit later in the game, the humanity sprites in the Chasm of the Abyss are the best for farming humanity in the whole game

you could just go kill the painted guardians in the cathedral in anor londo to farm some soft humanity.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Humanity+Farming

tuxy wrote: »

Absolutely !!!! Just farmed the hell of of the 10 or so near the bonfire, in 20 minutes I got over 20 :) Now to adjust some weapons and head back to Arno better supplied.

As for those cages in sen's I fell the 1st time I used them when the lizard goon caught me napping, actually survived it :pac:

Cilantrogamer on twitch has been working on a Bow ONLY run. Doesn't practice every night, but if he's doing it you could get some tips.

I'll take a stab at it myself first - I'm running through the gbame with a tank character and its crazy how much the game can change

I'll take a stab at it myself first - I'm running through the gbame with a tank character and its crazy how much the game can change

That is the beauty of this game, there is far more foresight and planning you put into your character and you can feel the effect it has on the game alot more than other RPG which seem to be more about the environment! Also you always seem to have a purpose rather than spending hours criss crossing massive landscapes on ridiculous missions!

some day I'll play a big tank character, but ugh.. it's so slow
    even at under 50% I hate how slow my character moves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 joelanderseen

Looks awesome!...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

As for those cages in sen's I fell the 1st time I used them when the lizard goon caught me napping, actually survived it :pac:

Is that the shortcut? I instantly lost all the souls I got from the boss because of that, the cage brings you down right by the lizard and not to mention the one shooting lightning at you from above. Easily the cheapest death i had in the whole game, I felt so cheated. Tried to go down and get them but those damn swinging blades at the top did me in.

some day I'll play a big tank character, but ugh.. it's so slow
    even at under 50% I hate how slow my character moves

Well I'm using havel's ring and the ring of favour and protection along with fairly high endurance - I don't have a high vitality but it means I keep things below 50% - I'm using a greatsword so I need the speed to dodge to get the hits in with it without getting slaughtered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The trick of having a tank character is having high poise and a very strong weapon. Since you're too slow against faster characters you rely on your poise to not stun you and your strong weapon to do more damage than them while they are hitting you.

I currently have a PvP character who has highish poise and a Demon Greataxe, I'm slow when running, rolling and attacking but my advantage is that my hits pretty much one or two shot people while they are hitting me.

Ugggh back to Arno Londo and invaded again, really tiring of this now but this time was a little different I wanted the dragonslayer-greatbow so was in that area when I got invaded.

I said screw it as I was most likely going to die so went off to get a cup of tea and some lunch ...... over half an hour later I came back to see I'm still where I left myself but that the fog door is still up in the distance the guy was either still looking for me or idling waiting for me to dashboard or kill myself.

No chance!!!! I'm off to do the shopping now so I'll leave it on, if he finds me he'll get my humanity but I could care less as I amassed over 50 in the depths, and I've only got 200 souls after spending them all with the smith :D

As of this post he's been in my game for 42 minutes :pac:

Edit: He just left , sent him a message "good game" response : f you etc etc in 3 foul mouthed replies Me: :D

As of this post he's been in my game for 42 minutes :pac:

Edit: He just left , sent him a message "good game" response : f you etc etc in 3 foul mouthed replies Me: :D

You might get a solicitors letter on behalf of some American kid looking for 45 mins of his life back! :pac::pac:

The trick of having a tank character is having high poise and a very strong weapon. Since you're too slow against faster characters you rely on your poise to not stun you and your strong weapon to do more damage than them while they are hitting you.

I currently have a PvP character who has highish poise and a Demon Greataxe, I'm slow when running, rolling and attacking but my advantage is that my hits pretty much one or two shot people while they are hitting me.

Yeah its not a proper tank character but its closest especially considering I need the rings to make sure I can move. No proper internet connection so there's no point in going all out for one anyways... I jsut keep making new builds for the single player game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Right, bit of a problem.. I joined the Forest Covenant earlier and then mistakenly attacked one of the guys in the forest while fighting one of those plant enemies so now everyone is trying to kill me

Any way to undo it? Tried talking to the cat again but got attacked from behind before it said anything and died, went back again and the cat is gone..

Harps wrote: »
    Right, bit of a problem.. I joined the Forest Covenant earlier and then mistakenly attacked one of the guys in the forest while fighting one of those plant enemies so now everyone is trying to kill me

Any way to undo it? Tried talking to the cat again but got attacked from behind before it said anything and died, went back again and the cat is gone..

Absolution from the guy in undead parish on the roof of the church it ain't cheap at lvl 57 It cost me 29k, not sure if that will brng the cat back though it wil keep them lads from pursuing you.

I'm taking a rage break, my 50 + humanity has been reduced to nothing almost and I'm still not further on in Arno Londo , many cheap deaths to invaders, en route to bosses or just stupidity and lack of patience on my part.

There really are a lot of unpleasant idiots playing this in terms of invaders, I don't mind a fair fight but it gets irritating when you have to block their abusive messages more often than not, last example was waiting for a summon to finish at the fog door to the boss I could see him running up I wasn't waiting for him to get to me so proceeded with my summons to the boss fight. got a message "is there an achievement for running away like a bitch" - My GamerScore is quite high so I guess that is what he was hitting at ?

I genuinely struggle to think of the last time I played a game where I actually got any kind of trash talk messages even, let alone abusive ones and had to block folks. I have met some cool folks along the way to though, who have traded co-op runs at different sections etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Absolution from the guy in undead parish on the roof of the church it ain't cheap at lvl 57 It cost me 29k, not sure if that will brng the cat back though it wil keep them lads from pursuing you.

Yeah I read up about that, now sure if it'll work after the cat disappeared though. To make things worse I just killed an npc as well thinking he was just another one of the invisible guys

On the online thing, are you playing on xbox? I haven't had a single message from anyone while playing. I do find invasions very irritating though, I had the same problem in Anor Londo constantly being invaded while trying to summon help for the boss

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah I read up about that, now sure if it'll work after the cat disappeared though. To make things worse I just killed an npc as well thinking he was just another one of the invisible guys

On the online thing, are you playing on xbox? I haven't had a single message from anyone while playing. I do find invasions very irritating though, I had the same problem in Anor Londo constantly being invaded while trying to summon help for the boss

Yeah playing on xbox myself , just seems to be that Anor Londo section though that attracts the douch element looking for cheap kill, as they know loads are waiting around for help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Play offline for a while until you get past the area giving you a bit of grief.

Advertisement