Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Quite honestly, I have run flat up against a wall.
    Or, a gate, I should say. The thing just won't budge.
    No matter how long I wait. And, oh, have I waited!
    So, here I sit, in quite a pickle.
    Weighing my options, so to speak!
    Hah hah hah hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Do you guys often go around grinding to gather souls to get your stats up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

calex71 wrote: »
    Witch? You mean the one in the swamp? I got her killed :( but I didn't have my flame at +10 actually I hadn't met the other guy by that point so I think it was the fact I was wearing the gold hemmed set that made her appear.

The way I read it in the wiki was that you needed +10 and the gold hemmed set, reading it again it might work with just the armour set. Says she might not appear if I've killed Bed of Chaos though worth a try I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Harps wrote: »
    Just +3, I haven't used it at all up to now but I've got my dex to 40 so was planning on complimenting that with some pyromancy. Seems I need +10 for the witch to appear

What platform are you on? PC?

Nah xbox, I'm not too bothered about it as I'll probably carry on with NG+ so I can upgrade it again there, I only have half of Dukes and the final area left now so I can live without it.
    Grimebox wrote: »
    Do you guys often go around grinding to gather souls to get your stats up?

Never once did it and I steadily levelled up throughout the game. The only grinding I've done up to now was to buy large titanite shards.

An easy way to level up later is to keep all the souls you find on dead bodies, once you have a good stockpile of them use them when you're next to a bonfire and you can move up a few levels quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I take it when we were talking about using Lloyds Talisman on
    The Mimic Chests it was the Symbol of Avarice that is the special item?
    I like it!

Edit: Aghh i didn't realise it feckin kills you slowly, just lost 30 Humanity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

one of those cats in the darkroot garden just jumped on me, knocked me through the ground and I fell into non-space and died

what the absolute ****

one of those cats in the darkroot garden just jumped on me, knocked me through the ground and I fell into non-space and died

what the absolute ****

That's easily the most frustrating way to die. I got knocked off three times at the entrance to Blight Town. The very first enemy at the bottom of a ladder (big guy with a club whos attack can't be interrupted) hits me, I stumble back and off the edge. The worst part is that it seemed out of my control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That's easily the most frustrating way to die. I got knocked off three times at the entrance to Blight Town. The very first enemy at the bottom of a ladder (big guy with a club whos attack can't be interrupted) hits me, I stumble back and off the edge. The worst part is that it seemed out of my control.

Ah but there is nothing more satisfying than getting them aggroed and running back up the ladder and watching them fall tho their doom :pac:

Ah but there is nothing more satisfying than getting them aggroed and running back up the ladder and watching them fall tho their doom :pac:

So you just run up to them, run back and they'll suicide? That could have been useful to know! That's where I lost my precious 40k souls...

• Advertisement

There must have been a glitch with seath. I killed him first time without taking any damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i didnt get knocked off the edge though, just straight through the ground. noclip style

weiland79 wrote: »
    There must have been a glitch with seath. I killed him first time without taking any damage.

How did you hit him? I couldn't get near him and he hurt me every few seconds with the floor turning to crystals

Harps wrote: »
    How did you hit him? I couldn't get near him and he hurt me every few seconds with the floor turning to crystals

Like i said it must have been a glitch, no other explanation. I walked into the chamber with the Clam things and got invaded so ran towards the back of the chamber which triggered the cut scene.or No time to consider armor or weapons so just went at his tail two handed in black leather armor and my +15 long sword. Just got behind him and hacked away at his tail till he died. Funnily enough though i didn't cut his tail off so didn't get his sword. One of those things i guess, happy to take it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Like i said it must have been a glitch, no other explanation. I walked into the chamber with the Clam things and got invaded so ran towards the back of the chamber which triggered the cut scene.or No time to consider armor or weapons so just went at his tail two handed in black leather armor and my +15 long sword. Just got behind him and hacked away at his tail till he died. Funnily enough though i didn't cut his tail off so didn't get his sword. One of those things i guess, happy to take it :)

You have to hit the very tip of it - the part without crystals and its only useful if you have high intelligence anyway.

I think the reason you took no damage was the power of your sword combined with him being stunned. I found a space to his front and right where you can spam him with magic and he just keeps doing the same range crystals that never hit you

Well I just had the same thing happen me , well not the invasion and I was fully speced out in my mix of armor to ward off being cursed ,think i was around 250 curse resistance :o

two handing a +4 quelaag furysword at 32 dex, now i'd done some reading so knew the strategy i was going for , run in smash his crustal and then get in close and watch out for tail thrash and floor crystals which he telegraphs , he did nothing, no offense what so ever, he threw up spikes once, after that i just had to wait for my stamina to recharge and hit him some more, didn't heal once nor take any damage worst boss ever :mad: ....... kidding I'll take a cheap win at this point :D

kidding I'll take a cheap win at this point :D

Thats the spirit!:pac:

Valley of the Drakes seems a bit naff so far. I just kill dragons from afar with arrows. I tried hand-to-hand combat and promptly got killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just had my first real taste of multiplayer there with sound people :p
    I now get what a huge difference it makes. Was getting mauled by the Capra demon for the last 45mins so decided to lay down a summon sign to see if I could be any use, got summed and beat the f*cker. Then when I got back two other summon signs were down and I made use of them and beat him myself handily. Such a huge difference that made. Great feature.

About 10 minutes later though I got invaded and not really sure what was going on, maybe someone can explain. It was just after going down into the depths I was on that wooden floor above some butcher guy and attack dogs when he found me. Bowed to me, I did likewise. Then he seemed to point down or something several times and left equipment or something on the ground for me to take (?!) but even when I took them he kept gesturing something and not attacking me... WTF? Eventually I got fed up and attacked him but then he killed me ridiculously easily and mocked me. Bastard. What the hell was all that about though??

Edit:Actually what I picked up was a black knight sword which is more powerful than my current Drake sword, although I'm a couple of strength points shy of using it properly. Maybe he was going to give me the equipment to make it a fair fight??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

A month ago I had just killed Nito then I went to England working. It is killing me to see all the people who started after me now passing me out :(

Need to play Dark SOULZZZZZZ!

• Advertisement

I actually haven't used any of the souls i got from any of the bosses. Heres what i got

Soul of Priscilla
    Souls of Sif
    Soul of Smough
    Core of An Iron Golem
    Soul of Quelaag
    Soul of the moonlight Butterfly

What should i be making?

The only one I've used was Queelags to make the Furysword, decent weapon but I prefer my +15 Iaito so never used it much. Playing a dex character with low strength so most of the other soul weapons aren't much use to me

Yeah been mostly using my longsword and haven't come across anything it can't hack in two:D but was more wondering for the trophies really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

A month ago I had just killed Nito then I went to England working. It is killing me to see all the people who started after me now passing me out :(

Need to play Dark SOULZZZZZZ!

dont worry, they all their progress will come to a halt come near the end :D well at least for me it did, last boss was murder for me :pac: i wont say atin else haha

Yeah been mostly using my longsword and haven't come across anything it can't hack in two:D but was more wondering for the trophies really.

You mention trophies so you on PS3 bah no use to me so :D , anyway you need 2 of some of them to make 2 different things so 2 playthoughs needed, you will have to do 2 anyway for the other ending, however you need 3 souls of sif as you can make 3 things from that.

I made the fury sword early on and im still using it !!!!! love it as im not strong enough to swing heavier swords and it's running slash is excellent.

I actually haven't used any of the souls i got from any of the bosses. Heres what i got

Soul of Priscilla
    Souls of Sif
    Soul of Smough
    Core of An Iron Golem
    Soul of Quelaag

What should i be making?

What kind of character are you using? What stats and weapons mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Souls of Sif

Greatshield of Artorias from Sifs soul, highest stability shield in the game.
    Crystal Ring Shield from the other one, highest magic resist shield in the game.

In NG+ and beyond I find these two invaluable. The one downside to the Greatshield is that you can't parry, only bash, with it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just had my first real taste of multiplayer there with sound people :p
    I now get what a huge difference it makes. Was getting mauled by the Capra demon for the last 45mins so decided to lay down a summon sign to see if I could be any use, got summed and beat the f*cker. Then when I got back two other summon signs were down and I made use of them and beat him myself handily. Such a huge difference that made. Great feature.

About 10 minutes later though I got invaded and not really sure what was going on, maybe someone can explain. It was just after going down into the depths I was on that wooden floor above some butcher guy and attack dogs when he found me. Bowed to me, I did likewise. Then he seemed to point down or something several times and left equipment or something on the ground for me to take (?!) but even when I took them he kept gesturing something and not attacking me... WTF? Eventually I got fed up and attacked him but then he killed me ridiculously easily and mocked me. Bastard. What the hell was all that about though??

Edit:Actually what I picked up was a black knight sword which is more powerful than my current Drake sword, although I'm a couple of strength points shy of using it properly. Maybe he was going to give me the equipment to make it a fair fight??

Not sure what was going on there. It's possible he wanted to trade with you I guess, might have wanted something in return.

What kind of character are you using? What stats and weapons mainly?

Knight with straight sword and bow but have recently started using Katana's too.

• Advertisement

Ok here's what id do:

- Soul of Priscilla: build Lifehunt Scythe. Good for bleed damage
    - Souls of Sif: Create Greatshield of Artorias. Best stability shield in the game.
    - Soul of Smough. Consume soul.
    - Core of An Iron Golem. Mixed bag but i'd make the Golem Axe. The same axe he fights you with and can do the wind attack.
    - Soul of Quelaag. Quelaags Furysword.
    - Soul of the moonlight Butterfly: Nothing here to interest really, i'd give it to frampt for 8,000 souls.

Advertisement