Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Graduate Programme 2013

• 11-06-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything from Vodafone yet? I did the online test but no feedback more that a week now, so I was wondering if someone else got something? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gorgeous_george

Hey!
    Yeah I got an email 5 days ago saying they'd be in touch to let us know who's shortlisted to go to the assessment in July. Did you do the phone interview??
    From the looks of previous years threads they seem to be consistently slow at letting us know what's happening :rolleyes:

I'd be really interested to know what it's like, if anyone has/knows someone who has done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 little_bee

No I did`t get a phone call, I just did the online assesment, but nothing since then :( Did you do the phone call with them? I wonder whether they will tell me if I have not passed the online assessment...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gorgeous_george

Yup I did the phone interview. It was actually quite a while ago, back in the middle of May. Maybe they're doing them in batches. I did see on their website that they've extended the date for applying til the end of June. So there must be still people joining all the time. One way or they other they should be letting you know where you stand though! Most likely they're just slow! I'd say wait it out til the end of June anyway, but if it's really bothering ya you could ring them, they seem nice enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4 B@rney90

little_bee wrote: »
    No I did`t get a phone call, I just did the online assesment, but nothing since then :( Did you do the phone call with them? I wonder whether they will tell me if I have not passed the online assessment...

I'm in the same boat. I did the online assessment about two weeks ago and have not heard anything since. I would imagine it is just a case of them reviewing the applications and assessments in batches. The email they sent said that if you did not achieve the benchmark that you could re-apply in six months so I would imagine they will inform those who do not achieve said benchmark! Due to the time of year I'd imagine that they are inundated with applications for the graduate programme at the minute. Just a matter of wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ally_ally

Hey!

I saw this online, but can't seem to find any information on the content of the programme - are there two separate schemes for the technology part and the marketing side? What are your backgrounds in?

Alice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 rondogrins

Anybody hear anything back yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 little_bee

Yeah, got a refusal after the tests :(

hard luck little bee, i am going to be selfish and ask what they were like difficulty wise (the tests)? I just got mail today to do the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Anyone hear back yet?

I'm confused, I thought the applications were closed because they said they were selecting for assessment at the beginning of this month?

Nothing yet, did the tests recently only, applications closed the 29th June.

I don't expect positive news though, numeracy test was a bit of a blunder for me, out of practice, and from looking at last years chosen ones, they had top notch degrees and superb academic records.

• Advertisement

I did them ages ago and I didn't think I did well at all, but I got the phone interview then. Last years got emailed on the 10th so fingers crossed. I did mine ages ago!

You gave me hope then took it away again! I was a bit of a last minute applier, but they gave me the tests, but if they call people for the experience day on the 10th, I'd be pessimistic of getting a phone interview regardless of test scores. Ah well, we'll know soon enough. Any ball-breaker questions in the phone interview or just the usual getting to know you gig? Best of luck to you by the way!

Pretty sure they said there were 3 assessment days, that were pretty spread out. The interview was grand. The usual competency based questions, STAR format and that. Can't remember most of them, but it was ok. Lasted a bit less than 45 mins.

Haven't heard anything yet.... Anyone?

I got a refusal anyway, pretty sure it was the maths aptitude, if you haven't heard anything yet at all it is probably a good sign since they more or less contacted me a couple days letter with a generic email, indicating they send out refusals in batches. You could always check the taleo status by logging into the vodafone account. I found out I was unsuccessful days before they sent the email through this. Go to vodafone.ie -> click grad prog -> click apply now -> sign in -> view job stats, it will say what the recruiters are doing with your application at the moment then. Best of luck with it.

I'm through all the tests and the phone interview though. They told me they'd contact me in early July about the assessment day if I got through...

UPDATE: Just got invited to the assessment centre there... Is no one else that far with the application? I applied in April you see, that's why I've done the tests and that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lynchie49

keesa wrote: »
    I'm through all the tests and the phone interview though. They told me they'd contact me in early July about the assessment day if I got through...

UPDATE: Just got invited to the assessment centre there... Is no one else that far with the application? I applied in April you see, that's why I've done the tests and that

Did you get a phone call or an email about the assessment centre? Still waiting

I emailed last night to find out when I'd hear and then I got an email from them inviting me. Not 100% sure they're related because I also asked about that youniversity site because I can't use it and they didn't mention it.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear something? Did the phone interview a week ago now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cg90

Yeah I did the phone interview on monday and I haven't heard back yet... it went pretty appallingly so I don't really expect to get through to the next round but it'd be nice to know one way or the other! The assessment dates are the 29-31st so i'd say we'll hear pretty soon

• Advertisement

Thanks. Been waiting a week. Bit frustrating...

I did mine in May and only found out the other day... a week isn't that bad. When did they tell you you'd hear?

It just says on the website that you will find out within the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dunta90

Don't think you'll be waiting much longer I applied the day before the deadline, did the phone interview last Thursday and heard back that I got through that Friday...oh I kind of found out by accident that all the the technical applicants are on the 29th AC and the business applicants like me are on the 31st...seems to suggest there's a quota of grads from certain backgrounds meaning an engineer is not necessarily up against a marketing grad?! Anyone hear anything similar?? @lynchie49 let us know how you go, best of luck

:/ I'm a business applicant and I'm the 30th...?

It might not be a quota, but the tasks would be similar. There's no point having an IT graduate explain the ins and outs of OS coding to a bunch of business graduates.

@Dunta You found out the next day? Waiting a week. Not a good sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dunta90

Yeah, doesn't necessarily discount some sort of quota depending on what projects we'd be working on depending on what skills/competences needed but makes sense. Obviously the 30th must for business grads too.

Ah I wouldn't take that as a sign lynchie49, I asked Vodafone for a quick response as I have to fly home early for holidays to attend and needed to change flights

Unless it's for customer service....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Natalian2010

I got an email there the other day saying i have been invited to attend the Experience Day on the 30th and I'm a business graduate. Does anyone know how many people are actually going for the positions??

• Advertisement

Well, I'm on the 30th too, so 1 and then everyone else... :P No idea really. Last year was something like 70 a day?

Advertisement