Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

hey there will make sure everyone is coming back once my exams are finished (this week) and let you know

Masked Man wrote: »
    I know it's kinda early but could you reactivate the league?

This season is already going bad for me, ****ing Crabtree!!!

Just did it there as usual if any problems/ queries post here etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I picked up Jake Ballard about a week and a half ago. I wasn't quite sure what the deal was with FAs before the draft, obviously it could be a bigger move now then it was then.

There's a few options that I can think of:

1. We go with a rookie/fa draft which was what the link in the OP suggested. If we go with this I drop Ballard and the waiver is locked until after the draft.

2. We just have a rookie draft and leave the waiver open during the off season.

3. We could have a rookie draft and a separate FA draft.

I'd probably lean towards a FA/rookie draft. It was probably what people had in mind when the league started.

We also need to pick a date for the draft and decide on how many round it will be. I'd like to get it out of the way before any of the other leagues have their draft. Like July?

I've read about some leagues expanding the roster before the draft and then cutting it down before the start of the league. This shouldn't be as important if we go with keeping 25/30 players, but a few extra spots would help trading draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I assumed rosters were locked until the draft.

Happy with rookie/FA draft.
    Should only need 5 rounds, as we can keep 25 out of 30 players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Im dropping a lot of the leagues im in as I wont have time for it. I will pass my team on to anyone who wants in on this league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

TO. wrote: »
    Im dropping a lot of the leagues im in as I wont have time for it. I will pass my team on to anyone who wants in on this league.

Would love to take this on. Been looking at getting into one of these leagues since last year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm in the same boat, I was in too many leagues last year and would like to drop this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

If ye need another GM I'd be happy to take over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Is there a waiting list for this league?

Hi guys, just back from holidays.

Seems the 2 players dropping have 2 guys ready to take over, which is great. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tristram would be next in line should anyone else not continue. As for the draft ideas discussed, please give opinions - I'm open to what the majority want and we can take it from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

First off i would get confirmations that we have 12 players. Maybe set a poll in the league site asking are you playing and once we have 12 yes votes we are good to go.

Next is the draft. My personal preference is to restrict it to rookies (maybe 5 rounds = 60 rookies). Veterans can be acquired after the draft using the Free Agent Auction system we have in place. At the moment roster is at 30 with keepers set for 25. That means we need to all cut 5 players before we draft. Another personal preference of mine is to have a long offline draft. It will be hard to get everyone online at same time for a live draft and the rookie draft is very important for a dynasty league. Also im not sure how many of us have dealt with rookie drafts and might put pressure on people to select in 90 seconds. An offline draft shouldnt take much longer than a week so aim to start it in early august to get it out of the way before the rest of the boards drafts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Tristram can have my place if he wants. I'm sorry but I'm dropping out of all my espn leagues. Just don't like the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm in again for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Would be interested in playing this if new places were available.

My third year doing regular boards leagues, looking for something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I'm back.
    Like Spongey's idea for the rookie draft

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm back for this again too.

Hi guys, would anyone like to take over as League Manager? I love playing in this league but feel like someone else would do a better job as LM, i have less time than last year to spend managing the league.

I'll do it as a last resort, but really would prefer someone else to do it. I nominate spongey given his great suggestion earlier ;)

Either way UCD, would it be possible to assign the new teams now. Just wana have a look at whatever team I get to prepare my needs and targets.

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Hi guys, would anyone like to take over as League Manager? I love playing in this league but feel like someone else would do a better job as LM, i have less time than last year to spend managing the league.

Ok ucd i have the time. I can look after it if you want. If you want to transfer the GM rights to Bear Down then i'll look at getting it up and running this year

Ok ucd i have the time. I can look after it if you want. If you want to transfer the GM rights to Bear Down then i'll look at getting it up and running this year

Thanks a million. It seems I can't remove the LM rights from myself but you should have them now also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm going to give this one a miss this year... Team name was probably Oh Look An Eagle.

Bad form to sign up for a dynasty league and then just blow it off next year imo.

Ok so far 4 teams are pulling out and 4 new players are joining. I've still to hear back from 2 teams and then we can move on

Do the new players want their teams assigned at random or first choice to the player who posted first here

Ok so far 4 teams are pulling out and 4 new players are joining. I've still to hear back from 2 teams and then we can move on

Do the new players want their teams assigned at random or first choice to the player who posted first here

I don't think it makes a diff man. I mean we're picking them blind anyway.

I'd go with it being your shout, however you think is the fairest.

Don't mind we'd be choosing blind either way not knowing who's teams have what I'd be happy with whatever you felt was best.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Don't mind we'd be choosing blind either way not knowing who's teams have what I'd be happy with whatever you felt was best.

Im inclined to assign each team a random number and let each of ye pick the number. Gonna wait until i get confirmation from the other two before i do it. Currently the open teams have the 1st, 3rd, 5ft and 9th pick in the rookie draft so that should give an idea (no idea what players are in which team)

Bad form to sign up for a dynasty league and then just blow it off next year imo.

Sh1t happens to be fair. Most sign up with good intentions but a lot happens in 12 months and not everyone can dedicate the time needed for it. Better to find active replacements for those who can't put the time in anymore. It could be worse some of us could have said nothing and missed week after week and the standard in the league goes to sh1t.

Anyways for those who are stepping in here is the team I had

Lions/Owls

QB Tom Brady, NE QB
    RB Trent Richardson
    RB Stevan Ridley
    WR Vincent Jackson, TB
    WR Chris Givens, StL WR
    TE Dallas Clark, FA
    FLEX Vick Ballard, Ind RB
    LB Patrick Willis, SF LB
    LB Jerod Mayo, NE LB
    DL Chandler Jones, NE DE
    DL Brian Robison, Min DE
    DB Bernard Pollard, Ten S
    DB Madieu Williams, FA S
    DP Paul Posluszny, Jac LB

BENCH
    Bench Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
    Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
    Bench Ryan Mallett, NE QB
    Bench Jerome Simpson, Min WR
    Bench BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
    Bench Alterraun Verner, Ten CB
    Bench Brian Hartline, Mia WR
    Bench Larry Foote, Pit LB
    Bench Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB
    Bench Justin Smith, SF DT
    Bench Jon Baldwin, KC WR
    Bench Santana Moss, Wsh WR
    Bench Rod Streater, Oak WR

Sh1t happens to be fair. Most sign up with good intentions but a lot happens in 12 months and not everyone can dedicate the time needed for it. Better to find active replacements for those who can't put the time in anymore. It could be worse some of us could have said nothing and missed week after week and the standard in the league goes to sh1t.

I can understand that, if I had to cut back on fantasy I'd give preference to keeper/dynasty leagues because I made a commitment to the format but I guess that's more personal choice. I just think it's bad form to take a pass because your team is bad, or you don't like the format on ESPN (lol), you don't like IDP or some other crappy reason.

I can understand that, if I had to cut back on fantasy I'd give preference to keeper/dynasty leagues

Id normally do the same but as I move to the US right when the season starts I will barely have time to go near it. I prioritised with leagues I have been in longest or leagues I pay to play in.
    because I made a commitment to the format but I guess that's more personal choice. I just think it's bad form to take a pass because your team is bad, or you don't like the format on ESPN (lol), you don't like IDP or some other crappy reason.

Really comes down to, to each their own sometimes. Some give it a try having never doing it before and end up losing interest in a format. Have seen it happen more than once over the years.

One of the paid leagues I am in is a keeper and out of the 12 original members only 7 of us remain in 10 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

First choice if that's me ;)

Advertisement