Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah it's been very interesting, am curious to see what the breakdown is scoring between offense/defense.

Have been quite happy with my defensive production so far, wondering if that's actually borne out if look at the scoring.

And Antonio Gates finally comes through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

If anybody needs a decent QB I have Flacco and Big Ben, will probably sell relatively cheaply. 1-5 now so gonna start thinking of next season.

Really hope this league lasts a few years, RG3 + Tannehill could be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Masked Man wrote: »
    1-5 now so gonna start thinking of next season.

Giving up already? The leaders of each division are only 4-2 which means you are only 3 behind with 7 games to go, plenty of time to go in a league where everyone is beating each other

Giving up already? The leaders of each division are only 4-2 which means you are only 3 behind with 7 games to go, plenty of time to go in a league where everyone is beating each other

Yeah my team is pretty bad tbh. WRs are Garcon, Crabtree, Maclin, and I had to add Avery this week. TEs are Tamme and Finley. And I've been outscored on D 5/6 weeks. I should have made more of an effort to trade Flacco earlier.

My team is very young though. RBs aren't doing great this year but have a lot of potential (Matt Forte, Doug Martin and Ryan Matthews). Think I can turn it around in a couple of seasons.

I'm never making the mistake of drafting QBs to trade again. Having QBs ranked at 1, 9, 11 and 24 is pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

If anybody needs a decent QB I have Flacco and Big Ben, will probably sell relatively cheaply. 1-5 now so gonna start thinking of next season.

Really hope this league lasts a few years, RG3 + Tannehill could be brilliant.

I've Schuab as my starter, so I'd welcome an upgrade.. throw me an offer because I can't see much on my roster worth trading for!

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've Schuab as my starter, so I'd welcome an upgrade.. throw me an offer because I can't see much on my roster worth trading for!

I'll try make a deal during the week. You want Flacco or Big Ben?

Another annoying loss. Scored third-highest points this week and of course ended up facing 2nd-highest (and they had a player on bye), MJD's injury killed me.
    At least I have Rashad Jennings on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll try make a deal during the week. You want Flacco or Big Ben?

Big Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Added a trophy for biggest win (got the idea with Doug Martin's crazy week) - might also help us spot players not setting lineups etc. Also league trophy added :)

Been keeping track of stats myself just to get rough idea of the impact of defensive players. Will post it up once have finished analysis
    Could put in trophies maybe for Defensive Team of the Year & Offensive Team of The Year?

Two teams seem to be consistently leaving Bye players in; Cutlering the Mustard and Dunluce Demons

• Advertisement

Could put in trophies maybe for Defensive Team of the Year & Offensive Team of The Year?
    Looked for that, no option and I can't see where the team stats are split like that

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Looked for that, no option and I can't see where the team stats are split like that

You won't be able to see it from league stats. It's something I'm keeping track of on a spreadsheet for my own info. I'll happily share the info at season's end.

You can setup custom trophies, did it myself in the ESPN fantasy baseball league.

You won't be able to see it from league stats. It's something I'm keeping track of on a spreadsheet for my own info. I'll happily share the info at season's end.

You can setup custom trophies, did it myself in the ESPN fantasy baseball league.

Brilliant, I'll put in Offense and Defense top scorers so :D

$25 for Percy Harvin. Genuinely had no idea how much to bid. My WR/TE situation is looking better for next year now.

$25 for Percy Harvin. Genuinely had no idea how much to bid. My WR/TE situation is looking better for next year now.

Well done on spotting that drop, missed that one myself.

Can't see how you could drop Percy Harvin in a Dynasty league with benches this deep.

Am open to trades on pretty much anyone on my roster (New Ireland Patriots), for draft picks and players. Decent offers considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

23 points ahead with a second leg to play - some tight decisions this week.

At QB - Freeman vs. Saints; Rivers vs. Carolina or Kaepernick @ Pats.

And at RB - Moreno @ Ravens or Turner vs. Giants.

Now that we're near the end of the season, how happy is everyone with their side going into next season?

Happy enough - got a decent team that should be well equipped to build upon in rookie draft - can't miss some of these bowl games last chance to scout haha

Was happy enough with my team at start of the season, started off 6-3 but then lost 4 in a row to finish 6-7.

MJD injury hurt me, and had some bad picks with Fred Jackson/Antonio Gates.

Defensive players have been good though so looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Managed to scrape into the final on a scoreline of 279 - 252.

Could've been a bit more if I'd thrown Kaepernick in instead of Josh Freeman.

Few tough picks given the matchups this week coming.

• Advertisement

Congrats to Bear Down on winning Season 1. Regular season record was unlucky as you were top points scorer but came through in the end.

As promised, and sorry for the delay, breakdown of every teams points between offense and defense.

Dynasty_Total%2520Points.jpg

Dynasty_Offense.jpg

Dynasty_Defense.jpg

And while I was going through box scores anyway, noted how many players left positions empty week-to-week (this is only for 7 weeks where there byes, and does not coun injured players, only bye week players).
    Kind of goes hand-in-hand with the transaction counter on league website to see how active everyone was.

Dynasty_TransCounter.jpg

Dynasty_Empty%2520Slots.jpg

*Everything there is through the 13-week regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

So there may be an open spot in next seasons league?

Thanks for all that info Rob, huge help. Interesting I had the best offense - shows me where I need to focus on in the draft ! Shocking I left 5 spots without active players though...

What does everyone think about the two inactive teams?

CTM declined a trade from me like three weeks ago and I'm fairly sure he added a QB since then. Having that many empty spots is bad form, but I don't think it's enough to boot him. Looking back through his games there seems to be a pretty long streak where he left in bye players but his activity log show something for every month except October.

This actually reminds me of something I meant to bring up earlier. I think we should have some kind of a constitution for next year. Just basic rules like no tanking for draft position and that you have to make a reasonable effort to be active. If your not active for x amount of weeks you can be booted or some other punishment.

JaMarcus Hustle hasn't posted on boards in ages and his account says it's awaiting email confirmation (I don't think he has a new account?). In the activity thread I don't think the he was listed as inactive in div 1 (at least the two teams that were didn't sound like they'd be his), maybe eagle eye or anybody that's in Div 1 can check that. If he doesn't post here then I don't think we really have a choice but to give his team away, you could try emailing him as well. It's actually a decent team so it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody to take over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He was active in division 1 from what I remember, made lineup changes when playing me anyway.

Would definitely be in favour of a constitution for the league, especially as it is a keeper league.

Good article on it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k12_constitution

think putting in the format of the league as it is into it, and getting suggestions from everyone, then can vote on what to include/exclude from it.

Congrats to Bear Down on winning Season 1. Regular season record was unlucky as you were top points scorer but came through in the end.

Never realised i was top scorer as i barely scraped into the playoffs. Had to win the last 3 weeks to get in and lucky i was in the worse division. Delighted i won this one and the IDP league considering my relegation from the premier and my semi final collapse in the PPR league

Definitely a good idea to set out some rules for team owners, I'll be happy enough as long as all the team owners are active in time for the rookie/FA draft - even if it's the current owners come back and post here they'll be active, easier once we have the basic rules set out.

I know it's kinda early but could you reactivate the league?

This season is already going bad for me, ****ing Crabtree!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey ucd just wondering where the league is at re. Spots available for new season. Hope I'm still. On the waiting list

Advertisement