Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creepy people in the cinema?

Options
2»

Comments

When I was about 8 I was sitting beside my dad at a kids movie in a packed cinema, when the old man next to me put his hand on my knee. I didn't really know what to do about it so I whispered it in my dads ear.

All hell broke loose, the old guy nearly broke a small childs leg climbing over him in the seat in front and he got away. Funny thing is, I felt really guilty for disrupting everything and ruining the movie.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Candie wrote: »
    When I was about 8 I was sitting beside my dad at a kids movie in a packed cinema, when the old man next to me put his hand on my knee. I didn't really know what to do about it so I whispered it in my dads ear.

All hell broke loose, the old guy nearly broke a small childs leg climbing over him in the seat in front and he got away. Funny thing is, I felt really guilty for disrupting everything and ruining the movie.:(

The old man sat down next to you even though your father was right there. He wanted to be caught.

The old man sat down next to you even though your father was right there. He wanted to be caught.

If that's the case, he changed his mind pretty quickly if his gettaway is anything to judge by. He hurt several kids climbing over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

MugMugs wrote: »

I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(

The amount of people who have thanked your post shocks me!

MugMugs wrote: »
    I went to the flicks with my bestie at the time.

It took me a few minutes to cop it but he was actually stroking the hair of a complete stranger who had sat down in front of us.

No idea if she felt it or not but I always saw him in a bit of a different light !

I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(

Post of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The man who hocked up phlegm through the whole movie, I wanted to run out and buy the poor thing some exputex.

Then he proceeded on to to the old man sniffle.

Not so much weird as .... Has a cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

He may not have assumed the kid was with the father. Or taken a chance.

Anyway, well rid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I once saw this guy who sat down, watched the movie and didn't make any commotion or noise at all... :confused:

I was very, very disturbed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I was in the cinema, second row from the back and I noticed a couple sitting at the very back. The guy was getting on with some pretty heavy petting. Anyway I sit down and behind me I hear the girl say, 'A mick I knew you'd do that you always do...I said no mick...alright then go own'. Awkward date for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Once in UCI Coolock, a woman brought her baby in and the baby started screaming its head off. She was in and out of the cinema with the baby annoying everyone. Apparently when I checked UCI's terms after, its not illegal to have a baby in the cinema!:eek:

Some skanger aged about 12 was talking on his old Nokia during a film behind us, my friend just flipped it and roared his head off at him "get off that phooking fone". It worked and kid took a redner and shut up. Later on, friend bought a mobile blocker, does the magic all the time in the cinema..hehe :)

Yesterday, a bloke sat beside me despite all the empty seats around, gave him the wtf look and he ignored me :mad: I promptly moved seats, hate being forced to when your all comfy from the start!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

the_syco wrote: »
    Once you have a decent TV, and a decent 5.1 sound system, the bluray is often better than the cinema.
    true although I'm a bit freaked out now coz I just finished watching the Hobbit on blueray about 15 mins ago (albeit without the 5.1 :()

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Myself and a friend were in Kuala Lumpur for a few days on our way back from Southeast Asia earlier this year and said we'd go to cinema to kill time. We went to see "Oz: The great and the powerful" and in it they have the Master Tinker and his fellow tinkers who were part of the army.

Every time they mentioned them and this beauty in particular we couldn't help but erupt with laughter :pac:
    Glinda: Well done, Tinker, your machine works beautifully!
    Master Tinker: That's just workmanship.

I'm pretty sure the Malaysians weren't in on the joke so we were the creepy people :eek:

I only mean this to be a lighthearted anecdote especially in light of all the talk last week, just so we're clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Cinema where I used to live is tiny and I used to regularily until things got weird. I was at the screening of a rare controversial foreign film and these 2 lads start heckling as soon as it started, i looked back and there were 2 priest protesting!

Couldn't believe it and the clowns scared the life out of my labrador aswell.

Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

in the Odeon in Newbridge when a group of about 8 or so, 11-18 y/o travelers come in. they laughed, shouted and screamed loudly from the minute they came in, to many peoples annoyance, but the film had still not started at this point.
    I had noticed a father and his young son who was seated in front of this row of young ones had started to shift and squirm uncomfortably. Anyway film starts and they hush up somewhat, but still excessively loud and disruptive.
    Eventually the dad has enough and turns and says "im sorry could you keep it down Im trying to watch the..", "GO **** YOURSELF" one of the older traveler lads interjects! At this point the manager comes in and basically says they will have to leave. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and did they leave..without any fuss??

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and did they leave..without any fuss??

after some protestation they did!I was surprised too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

leddpipe wrote: »
    in the Odeon in Newbridge when a group of about 8 or so, 11-18 y/o travelers come in. they laughed, shouted and screamed loudly from the minute they came in, to many peoples annoyance, but the film had still not started at this point.
    I had noticed a father and his young son who was seated in front of this row of young ones had started to shift and squirm uncomfortably. Anyway film starts and they hush up somewhat, but still excessively loud and disruptive.
    Eventually the dad has enough and turns and says "im sorry could you keep it down Im trying to watch the..", "GO **** YOURSELF" one of the older traveler lads interjects! At this point the manager comes in and basically says they will have to leave. :P

I tell you, I feel so bad for those genuine nice travellers who get tarred with the same brush as these idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

leddpipe wrote: »

Had a very similar experience at Life of Pi, about 6 Traveller girls came in about 15 minutes into the movie and started shouting/laughing really loudly, standing up in front of the projector so they could make shadows on the screen.. One woman asked them to keep it down and they shouted abuse to her. They got kicked out shortly after. I wouldn't mind but it was the 3-D version so more expensive, why bother! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

probably didn't pay in the first place...screen hopping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Never.

That probably means I'm one of the creepy peeps.

Advertisement