Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Creepy people in the cinema?

  • 24-06-2013 4:20pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭ rox5


    Have you ever encountered creepy, odd characters when you go to the cinema?
    For me, I remember when I went to the cinema with my friend, a guy came in halfway through the film. I noticed how he walked weird, but didn't think anything of it. But then when he sat down, a few minutes later his phone rings and he starts talking on it, didn't even try to whisper or take it outside. Then a little while later, I looked out of the corner of my eye and he was sitting at an aisle at the other side of us, and I found him staring at us! It was so creepy, he wasn't even trying to hide it, he actually was leaning over to look at us, and when I turned my head to stare back at him, he quickly turned his head back at the screen. :(
    Then a few minutes later he got up, and walked down to the front aisle seats, they were all empty so I thought maybe he was gonna sit there (I think people were throwing popcorn at him, because I noticed he kept looking back at a group of people few rows behind him, while he was on the phone, which I think was appropiate since people were trying to look at the film, not listen to him talk),
    but then he started walking across in front of the seats, like pacing about three or four times, before going to the exit door that was near us, leaving while still staring at us. SO WEIRD!:confused:

    So does anyone here have any cinema creep stories, if not creep stories, just plain ignorant ones instead, like people talking loudly in the middle of a film, for example.
    Tagged:


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 **Vai**


    Stupid, stupid girl who thought hobbit feet were hilarious, loudly....every single time hobbit feet were shown.

    I don't go to the cinema anymore.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭ MugMugs


    I went to the flicks with my bestie at the time.

    It took me a few minutes to cop it but he was actually stroking the hair of a complete stranger who had sat down in front of us.

    No idea if she felt it or not but I always saw him in a bit of a different light !


    I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

    He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭ NothingMan


    Was in the cinema on my own and there was a guy one seat apart from me, also alone. About a half hour into the movie he takes out his phone. This pisses me off but I figure he's quickly checking a message or a missed call. A minute or so passes and the light is very distracting and I look across to see him playing a game! What a knob. He's paid the €10 to be there like me, surely you want to actually watch the movie. He put it away once I told him it was very distracting but still, moron.


    Eh... he also looked a little creepy, I guess, kinda... not really.


  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭ Micky Dolenz


    I am fond of visiting those classic porn cinemas. Full of **** though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 41,217 ✭✭✭✭ SEPT 23 1989


    rox5 wrote: »
    Have you ever encountered creepy, odd characters when you go to the cinema?
    For me, I remember when I went to the cinema with my friend, a guy came in halfway through the film. I noticed how he walked weird, but didn't think anything of it. But then when he sat down, a few minutes later his phone rings and he starts talking on it, didn't even try to whisper or take it outside. Then a little while later, I looked out of the corner of my eye and he was sitting at an aisle at the other side of us, and I found him staring at us! It was so creepy, he wasn't even trying to hide it, he actually was leaning over to look at us, and when I turned my head to stare back at him, he quickly turned his head back at the screen. :(
    Then a few minutes later he got up, and walked down to the front aisle seats, they were all empty so I thought maybe he was gonna sit there (I think people were throwing popcorn at him, because I noticed he kept looking back at a group of people few rows behind him, while he was on the phone, which I think was appropiate since people were trying to look at the film, not listen to him talk),
    but then he started walking across in front of the seats, like pacing about three or four times, before going to the exit door that was near us, leaving while still staring at us. SO WEIRD!:confused:

    Sounds like Tubridy alright


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ Burky126


    Just recently went to the cinema and this mong in a red hat a row in front of me to my right spent a good portion of the film just talking to his mate.He then gets up out of his seat blocking the view of anyone behind him for about a minute to get money for the lobby (why he decided this was great timing 3/4 of the way through is beyond me) Makes a big fuss getting out of his seat and then stands in the aisle for 5 minutes just watching the film before eventually heading to the lobby.

    He comes back 20 minutes later where him and his mate go back to talking,catching him up with whats happened and just stupid bollocks.People begin shushing him and he acts offended like he's a precious little flower.

    Dope.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭ twinytwo


    Burky126 wrote: »
    Just recently went to the cinema and this mong in a red hat a row in front of me to my right spent a good portion of the film just talking to his mate.He then gets up out of his seat blocking the view of anyone behind him for about a minute to get money for the lobby (why he decided this was great timing 3/4 of the way through is beyond me) Makes a big fuss getting out of his seat and then stands in the aisle for 5 minutes just watching the film before eventually heading to the lobby.

    He comes back 20 minutes later where him and his mate go back to talking,catching him up with whats happened and just stupid bollocks.People begin shushing him and he acts offended like he's a precious little flower.

    Dope.

    Why not **** your coke at him, that will teach him


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 shanered


    *Grabs popcorn and awaits response



    ......still here eating popcorn............



    ......I'm feeling creepy...............



    :cool:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭ darlett


    MugMugs wrote: »
    I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

    He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(


    No, no, no, NO! The question was Have YOU ever encountered creepy, odd characters when YOU go to the cinema? :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ Burky126


    twinytwo wrote: »
    Why not **** your coke at him, that will teach him

    Because it was €8 along with my popcorn.Plus I'd probably get kicked out for a stunt like that for a film I paid €13 to see.

    Wait,why does anyone go to the cinema? :confused:


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ starWave


    MugMugs wrote: »

    I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

    He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(

    creepy


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭ rox5


    Burky126 wrote: »
    Because it was €8 along with my popcorn.Plus I'd probably get kicked out for a stunt like that for a film I paid €13 to see.

    Wait,why does anyone go to the cinema? :confused:

    Because even though the prices in there is expensive, you cannot beat the sound system in a cinema when you see a film or how it looks on the big screen. :)
    Apparently, a lot of people say that in The Hobbit, the Stone Giants scene is meant to have been amazing on the cinema screen, and that it does not have the same effect when you see it on the TV screen. :cool:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭ podgemonster


    Cinema where I used to live is tiny and I used to regularily until things got weird. I was at the screening of a rare controversial foreign film and these 2 lads start heckling as soon as it started, i looked back and there were 2 priest protesting!

    Couldn't believe it and the clowns scared the life out of my labrador aswell.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 IM0


    Im the kind of person who will say stuff to them and show them where the door is if need be reminding them the rest of us came to watch a movie not listen to them talk


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭ rox5


    MugMugs wrote: »
    I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.

    He was a bit taken aback........ then he moved seats :(

    Word of advice man, you are better off not doing that in future. I'd say you were only being friendly, but to a lot of people it might come across as a bit odd.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭ rox5


    Couldn't believe it and the clowns scared the life out of my labrador aswell.

    How were you able to bring a dog into the cinema?! :eek:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 IM0


    Cinema where I used to live is tiny and I used to regularily until things got weird. I was at the screening of a rare controversial foreign film and these 2 lads start heckling as soon as it started, i looked back and there were 2 priest protesting!

    Couldn't believe it and the clowns scared the life out of my labrador aswell.

    sounds like they were confused and thought they were at a football match


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭ EireIceMan


    rox5 wrote: »
    How were you able to bring a dog into the cinema?! :eek:
    IM0 wrote: »
    sounds like they were confused and thought they were at a football match

    joke_zpsf17ed091.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭ podgemonster


    178566.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭ Gweedling


    twinytwo wrote: »
    Why not **** your coke at him, that will teach him


    Chances are that sneaky little fecker behind the counter in the lobby gave you Coke Zero anyway. It's undrinkable, so you might as well be throwing it away.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 Duggys Housemate


    Was at a cinema last week and everybody was grand.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 Killer Wench


    I'm floored by the number of people who think it is okay to answer their telephone during a movie. End the call or walk out to the lobby. :mad:


  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ElvisChrist6


    rox5 wrote: »
    Because even though the prices in there is expensive, you cannot beat the sound system in a cinema when you see a film or how it looks on the big screen. :)
    Apparently, a lot of people say that in The Hobbit, the Stone Giants scene is meant to have been amazing on the cinema screen, and that it does not have the same effect when you see it on the TV screen. :cool:

    Ah, it was alright. Didn't miss anything.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,981 ✭✭✭✭ mike65


    They should have some sort of anti mobile technology or just show subtitled films.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭ Bruthal


    I remember once in a cinema, almost no one else in it, a complete mug comes over and sits down in the next seat. As if thats not bad enough, he then asks if I want some popcorn.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 Duggys Housemate


    Bruthal wrote: »
    I remember once in a cinema, almost no one else in it, a complete mug comes over and sits down in the next seat. As if thats not bad enough, he then asks if I want some popcorn.

    A complete mugmug


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,525 ✭✭✭✭ the_syco


    rox5 wrote: »
    Apparently, a lot of people say that in The Hobbit, the Stone Giants scene is meant to have been amazing on the cinema screen, and that it does not have the same effect when you see it on the TV screen. :cool:
    Once you have a decent TV, and a decent 5.1 sound system, the bluray is often better than the cinema.
    mike65 wrote: »
    They should have some sort of anti mobile technology
    Although some do have this, they have to be careful, in case it blocks a 999 call nearby.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 KingOfFairview


    I must have come across a dozen backseat basturmators over the years. Weirdest wad at the life aquatic with Steve zizzou


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭ Knasher


    MugMugs wrote: »
    I also went on my own once. Walked in, middle of the day and one other person there. So I walked over, asked to get by, sat down right beside him and offered him some popcorn.
    I went to a late showing with a friend once and somebody did that to us. The screen was mostly empty and we sat in a row behind a person sitting on her own. After about a minute or two she turns around and announces she is moving back, didn't understand why she was telling us this, so just nodded our heads. Anyway she comes back and sits right next to us and offers us some bite sized chocolate bars. Realized about 10 minutes later that the smell of urine that we noticed when we first came in, was probably coming from her.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭ SpaceTime


    They don't need mobile blockers, they need to throw out anyone using their phone during a film.


Advertisement