Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map update

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Map update 2013.30 now available
    Oh good, now I can really try out my new 150Mbit/s internet connection :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

2013.40 now available. You need to use Garmin Express to update.

eddiem10 wrote: »
    2013.40 now available. You need to use Garmin Express to update.
    Why do they insist on messing with the update software? I can see no way of downloading the complete map set, as it only offers me the chance to update UK & Ireland, as there's not enough room on the basic device's memory. With the old Map Updater I usually downloaded, and locally installed (for use in Basecamp) the whole map set, and then separately installed UK & Ireland to the main memory and the rest to the SD card using MapInstall, but I can't see any option to do that there. Grrrr.

EDIT: Uninstalled that pile of junk and currently downloading using good old Map Updater 3.2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭eirman

Alun wrote: »
    ..... currently downloading using good old Map Updater 3.2.2

Did that work for you Alun?
    Do you have a link to Map Updater 3.22 ?

Thanks

Yes, worked fine

http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

Strangely, reading various forums, there seem to be some people who do get the options to install different regions, and the option to install to PC as well when using Garmin Express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

I have "Full coverage of Europe (2013.30)" downloaded, but now its telling me the download available is "Western Europe (2013.40)" I'd prefer to download the full coverage map as that's the subscription I've got, not just Western Europe.

Is this the same for everyone?

WDR wrote: »
    the download available is "Western Europe (2013.40)" I'd prefer to download the full coverage map as that's the subscription I've got, not just Western Europe. Is this the same for everyone?

Downloading 2013.40 at the moment using MapUpdater 3.12
    This overcame problems with DotNet4 Client.
    I got the option of all or various European regions

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

Aha. I was going through the Lifetime Updater, not Map Updater 3.2.2. Now installing all maps of Europe to PC, and Western Europe to my nulink 1695 with Map Updater.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And they still haven't the new junctions(removed roundabouts) on the N6 in Galway

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And they still haven't the new junctions(removed roundabouts) on the N6 in Galway

https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces ;)

• Advertisement

Waste of time tbh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sometimes the persistence pays off. Even with TomTom I have to keep pusing the same errors over & over. But they get done...;)

Well there's just a screenshot of three I reported last in August 2010 - no action on any.

No 3 that you can see there is the worst. I've been reporting since 2006/7, a third of the island is missing. You think you're driving across the sea.

Every map in the world except Navteq/Garmin seems to have it right .

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Roundstone,+Galway&hl=en&ll=53.392224,-9.880051&spn=0.068688,0.209255&sll=53.385469,-9.866978&sspn=0.137399,0.41851&oq=roundstone&t=v&hnear=Roundstone,+County+Galway&z=13

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭GiftGrub100

They gave finally corrected the speed limit by the Rhu Glenn Country Club on the Waterford - New Ross road with this release, has been showing 80kmh for ages when it has been 100 kmh for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Do you have to pay to update your maps or can someone give me a link to the latest updates. Thanks

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Do you have to pay to update your maps or can someone give me a link to the latest updates. Thanks

You get a free update if your garmin has been active for less than 60 days.
    If not, you can buy a single update for about €50 or unlimited updates for about €85. Just search amazon for "Garmin Lifetime Update"

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

eirman wrote: »
    You get a free update if your garmin has been active for less than 60 days.
    If not, you can buy a single update for about €50 or unlimited updates for about €85. Just search amazon for "Garmin Lifetime Update"

Also available from MemoryC for €80
    http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/maps/garminnumapslifetimeeurope.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Kalyke

2013.41 Now available. Think it is mostly a fix for the Netherlands problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Is it safe to buy updates from sites other than the Garmin site , eg MemoryC Amazon etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is it safe to buy updates from sites other than the Garmin site , eg MemoryC Amazon etc?

yes certainly from Memoryc and Amazon.co.uk, Memoryc are over in Celbridge have bought various products from them over the years without issue and same with amazon.co.uk, just make sure its actually amazon.co.uk your buying from as they have marketplace sellers also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Kalyke wrote: »
    2013.41 Now available. Think it is mostly a fix for the Netherlands problem.

Where can you check whats new with that map before you buy it?

M three wrote: »
    Where can you check whats new with that map before you buy it?
    Like the previous poster said, it was to correct a problem that was detected in 2013.40 where some of the one-way streets in the Netherlands had accidentally been turned the other way around. Nothing else has changed as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hi Everyone.
    I purchased Garmin Nuvi 50 last month, and looked up map updating now.
    My device says it has CN Europe NTU 2013.10 maps installed.
    When I went to garmin website, and installed Garmin Express, it updated firmware to version 3.50, but it keeps saying that my maps are up to date.
    When I enter serial number on the website it says the same.

Why it doesn't want to install 2013.41 version?

Any info appriciated.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

yes they have ....just downloaded and checked Tuam Rd junction

2014.10 has removed the roundabouts and replaced with routable junctions.

That was in March - previous version

eirlink wrote: »
    yes they have ....just downloaded and checked Tuam Rd junction

2014.10 has removed the roundabouts and replaced with routable junctions.

Are you sure it is 2014? Not 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

That update doesn't seem to be available through Garmin Express.
    Did others find it?
    Thanks

Did others find it?
    Thanks

Not me.

• Advertisement

Did others find it?
    Thanks
    From what I can gather 2014.10 is a USA map. Certainly not available on Garmin Express or My Dashboard. (Yet!!)

Advertisement