Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Combined Country XV, Tues 11th June, 10.40 am, Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Phoenix Battye
    7 mins:
    TRY (CUTHBERT) - Combined Country 0-7 Lions

9 mins:
    TRY (MURRAY) - Combined Country 0-14 Lions

11 mins:
    TRY (HOGG) - Combined Country 0-19 Lions

19 mins:
    TRY (NORTH) - Combined Country 0-26 Lions

26 mins:
    TRY (HIBBARD) - Combined Country 0-33 Lions

33 mins:
    TRY (NORTH) - Combined Country 0-38 Lions

Anyone got any hat-trick predictions?
    Other than North.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Interesting to see Halfpenny on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Halfpenny on at fullback with Maitland moving to the wing. AWJ on for Gray. Evans playing the 80 minutes is probably a bad sign for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Halfpenny on at fullback with Maitland moving to the wing.

Sure? Announced he's going to the wing. Seemed to be in the wing position there defensively too.

Buer wrote: »
    Sure? Announced he's going to the wing. Seemed to be in the wing position there defensively too.

I'm fairly sure Barnes just said Maitland has moved to the wing.

Edit: It looks like you're right actually beur!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Phoenix Battye
    Maybe trying/considering getting Hogg, or someone else closer to home in at FB ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

swoody wrote: »
    Combined Country XV

Nathan Trist, Alex Gibbon, Lewie Catt, Tareta-Junior Siakisini, Tom Cox, Angus Roberts, Michael Snowden, Tim Davidson (captain), Jarrad Butler, Richard Stanford, Blake Enever, Phoenix Battye, Tim Metcher, Josh Mann-Rae, Haydn Hirsimaki.

Replacements: Tom Kearney, Dylan Evans, Rikki Abraham, Rory Arnold, Trent Dyer, Adam McCormack, Shaun McCarthy, Dale Ahwang.

I played with Shaun McCarthy, in St.Mary's. He is a very good AIL player.

For people saying that they wonder if they can take the hits. Remember that PoC played in the AIL, when coming back from injury. People like Jack McGrath (not a Lion but professional level player) play there quite often, Simon Zebo was playing regularly last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What's the most number of phases that Country have gone through I wonder?

Edit: It looks like you're right actually beur!

Had to happen eventually.

It really lends strength to the idea that RK could still be involved in the tests and Halfpenny on the wing. Remember Halfpenny has 20 test starts on the wing under Gatland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,902 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Think they might be a little unbalanced to be considered for a test side, but maybe Gatland will balance that out with selections in the tight 5. They're definitely dangerous with good possession.

At least Gatland will have the right kind of selection headaches. Parling and POC look the pick of the locks so far

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

It really lends strength to the idea that RK could still be involved in the tests and Halfpenny on the wing. Remember Halfpenny has 20 test starts on the wing under Gatland.

Kearney will only have one match (if he is playing the test he won't be considered for Brumbies) to get match fit though. He'll need a mighty game against the Waratahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Haha Jamie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Phoenix Battye
    Was waiting for a BOD try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Phoenix Battye

My thoughts
    No clear call for second wing after Bowes injury. Hpeeny obviously for kicking, but doesnt need to be on the wing.

We can only hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone else think SOB has been a bit sloppy tonight? I can recall being pushed into touch twice and at least one drop.

Kearney will only have one match (if he is playing the test he won't be considered for Brumbies) to get match fit though. He'll need a mighty game against the Waratahs.

Indeed. Not convinced myself it will happen but it's certainly in the mix, I would think. If he turns in a big showing at the weekend, he'll be in the 23, I think.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Anyone else think SOB has been a bit sloppy tonight? I can recall being pushed into touch twice and at least one drop.

Yup. A lot of guys are in the mindset of trying too hard right now. Murray and SOB are among them. Playing decently generally but some little errors where they should have been a bit smarter and done the simple thing.

Must be some feeling to win a penalty against the Lions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Heaslip will start again at the weekend I reckon

Would really like to see a back 3 of North/Halfpenny/Hogg

• Advertisement

trouttrout wrote: »

Thought the same. Taking him off this early indicates he's going to start and gives Faletau one last chance to make his case. I think it's close to a done deal though.

Surprised they haven't brought on Davies for BOD yet.

EDIT: He is on. For who?

trouttrout wrote: »

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Surprised they haven't brought on Davies for BOD yet.

Brought him on Roberts according to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

How is Murray playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Wow, great D

bilston wrote: »

Yup. Have just identified that. Surprised. Roberts looked rusty.

Murray was far to slow at that ruck, he's playing well but he always slows down the closer he gets to the line. Killed the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Any chance of Zebo getting any game on tour? North and Halfpenny seem almost certainties, Cuthbert sounds like he's doing poorly and Hogg's pace is hard to leave out.

(Still, can't wait to see his big cheesy grin when he arrives in Oz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Poor throw from Best :(

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »

Are they trying out combinations to see how people work with BOD? Would be surprised to see him anything more than Bench at the weekend, quite possibly not even on the bench.

Advertisement