Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Combined Country XV, Tues 11th June, 10.40 am, Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Some good passing there, nice backline move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

50 before half-time, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Textbook try there, lovely hands. Lions are starting to gel when you consider the mistakes in Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

In earlier days, games like this in NZ and SA often descended into pure thuggery by the inferior local opposition. Happy to see no evidence of that.

That's about the best thing to be said about this farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

SOB is some distributor, I will cry if Lydiate starts ahead of him on current form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

tac4271 wrote: »
    7 minutes 19 seconds

thanks, had to score before 7:45 so i'm ok, didnt want to post the time i needed as there would be wind ups going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

have switched off the game. Hardly worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

bilston wrote: »
    I remember NZ beating Japan in a WC match in '95 by 140 points. I think the out half that day scored something like 50 points that day.

Simon Culhane, on his debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's a great finish if he got it.

Edit: Damn

trouttrout wrote: »
    SOB is some distributor, I will cry if Lydiate starts ahead of him on current form

Get your tissues ready! SOB has been good in attack but his defensive mistakes are going to cost him.

• Advertisement

Evans has been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great break by Murray on the wraparound, probably should have put BOD away first time around. This is just a training exercise really.

O'Brien looks like he's wearing Nike runners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Phoenix Battye
    Please take BOD, SOB and Heaslip off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭clsmooth

BOD :cool:

That was one of the worst lineouts I have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Get Rory on!

The line out is hurting a few people. Looks to me like Evans is calling it. Tom Youngs might be edging into a test jersey.

Murray, North, Hogg, Tipuric all playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Phoenix Battye
    Did ref blow up 30 seconds early there out of sympathy? (I have no sound)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Score?

• Advertisement

Phoenix Battye
    lineout brutal

Score?

0-38

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

38-0 on the match tracker, and it says it all that the high point from reviewer was that nobody had been injured!

Would have been a good day to give Kearney 20 mins.

Maitland is playing decently, aside from the charge down. He has shown some really good linking play and hands, come into the line well and made a couple of tries. In pole position for the 23 jersey, I would think now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah Murray looks good. Don't think he'll really be considered for the test side because of Phillips but nice to know he's up to it if he's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Our backrow looks really tuned in. Hope they get a chance against a decent outfit. They really do seem to complement each other very well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

JRant wrote: »
    Our backrow looks really tuned in. Hope they get a chance against a decent outfit. They really do seem to complement each other very well.

Think they might be a little unbalanced to be considered for a test side, but maybe Gatland will balance that out with selections in the tight 5. They're definitely dangerous with good possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd add BOD to that, and SOB with the dirty stuff. BOD's been pure silk in midfield, and had Roberts not lost the ball off every one of his feeds we'd be 50+.

SOB's been very effective, but I just think he's a better 7, despite what people think. Still, he's been the most effective 6 on display so you never know, he may end up there just because Lydiate and Croft haven't offered up performances to their potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

38 - nil to the lions at half time, as a contest games like this even for a side looking to gel are pointless.

• Advertisement

Phoenix Battye
    So North Hpenny and who for test back three then ?

Advertisement