Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who does not find this funny??

Options
  • 03-06-2013 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Did anyone hear about this guy called Robert from Kilkenny who filmed his mother who was giving out to him about his Irish oral and put it up on Youtube?

I mean people were either laughing about it, or saying "Poor woman, it's really frustating when teens don't study" but no one seems to be commenting on the fact that this guy filmed a private family matter and exposed it on the internet for the whole world to see?! And it annoys me to find that the s**t still has not took it down because it's still around on Youtube.

I mean me and a relative of mine were arguing over something the other day, and a cousin of mine was in the other room laughing and was on her phone, and then my relative asked her what she was laughing at and asked her for her phone because she actually thought that she might have been recording us fighting. She said she wasn't, but I am still worried about that because I was on the computer at her house and came across a video recording of a VERY private family matter and it still disgusts me that she could film it. Not sure if she put it on the internet or not, but I deleted it anyway just in case, because she is not exactly miss innocence after what I have seen.

But this is what I mean, that she become very paranoid when she had that phone on her because of this Irish Oral video.

But is this what is had come to? Where a parent can't argue with their child without them recording it and putting it on the internet to have their five seconds of fame, and at the same time humilating them forever? I mean it's bad enough when bullies film their victims or people film eccentric things that happen in public, but to film your own family members is just low altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

He strikes me as a useless wee fûcker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

People have recorded things since the dawn of humanity, from cave art to smartphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

People have recorded things since the dawn of humanity, from cave art to smartphones.

Tbf though, the cave art recording wasn't great. Mono sound too. Eeeeewwwww.

SamHall wrote: »
    Well, they just worked with what they had. If they had youtube we would be inundated with videos of Hagar shagging a brontosaurus, and the cries of how his civil liberties were breached too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Thought he was a little s-h-it to be honest.

But a video can travel a lot quicker on the internet, and you can't really tackle privacy concerns :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The secret is to remember it's happening to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Nowadays if it kicks it gets youtubed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I approve of this. For a start, it's lulzy. For another thing, the possibility that you might be being recorded encourages a culture in which being a complete knob carries its risks. She strikes me as immensely annoying, and just as in the case of the KPMG incident, anything which encourages people to think about how ridiculous they look/sound before they act is a welcome change.

If this was applied to boardrooms and cabinet offices around the world we'd have far less neglect and corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Poor poor woman, although she is a little over the top, he should not have done it. I would be mortified if someone has recoded some of the rows I use to have with my youngest daughter when she was a teenage.

I use to get great satisfaction thinking that one day, please god she will have a teenager of her own and then I will have my revenge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Teenager in being a little c*nt shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Only difference though you can wipe away cave art or any type of hand-made art if you wanted to. Smartphones...once recorded and up online it is there forever. I feel for the woman, she could could be walking down the street, feeling that people on the street who saw the video are laughing at her behind her back, over something that is none of their business to begin with. If a family member did that to me, I'd never speak to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So he was on Facebook, yet you can be gauranteed he's not paying for the broadband connection. A right little príck for posting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I don't think he has the intelligence to remove it as demonstrated in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

rox5 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear about this guy called Robert from Kilkenny who filmed his mother who was giving out to him about his Irish oral and put it up on Youtube?

How is it possible that people still haven't seen or heard about this video? It was everywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Basically the problem here is..immature people who thinks it's funny to put videos of other people online.

This was always going to be a problem anyway, since the invention of the camera or even since people started painting private affairs or family matters. And there's nothing we can do really, once it goes online, it's everywhere. Eejits have always existed.

If little Leonardo Da Vinci painted his parents fighting, everyone who seen it later would have known. There is no real solution to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Meangadh wrote: »
    How is it possible that people still haven't seen or heard about this video? It was everywhere.

I'd never heard of it before, but then videos posted by idiotic teenagers are outside my area of interest.

Which means that pretty soon I won't understand the internet at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Only heard it the other day. I actually didn't want to bring attention to it by starting this thread, but I had to ask if people were actually disgusted by it like I am, but people seem to think it's only a laugh. Also I am 20, it would have been two years since my LC and even then I had more cop on not to record anyone who gave out to me over my studies.

Only difference though you can wipe away cave art or any type of hand-made art if you wanted to. Smartphones...once recorded and up online it is there forever. I feel for the woman, she could could be walking down the street, feeling that people on the street who saw the video are laughing at her behind her back, over something that is none of their business to begin with. If a family member did that to me, I'd never speak to them again.
    Some cave paintings are up to 40,000 years old. Do you think that video will still be around in 40 years time, never mind 40,000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'd never heard of it before, but then videos posted by idiotic teenagers are outside my area of interest.

Which means that pretty soon I won't understand the internet at all.

It was all over facebook, here on boards and was spoken about on at length on 2fm and the Ray D'arcy show- probably other places too. Just find it mad that people who use the internet still hadn't seen it! You're right though, he is an idiot. And his Mam was only doing everything any good mother would. He's a very lucky young man to have a mother like her, he should make more of an effort to appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I thought it was hilarious, she was a typical mammy and he was a typical moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It was all over facebook, here on boards and was spoken about on at length on 2fm and the Ray D'arcy show- probably other places too. Just find it mad that people who use the internet still hadn't seen it! You're right though, he is an idiot. And his Mam was only doing everything any good mother would. He's a very lucky young man to have a mother like her, he should make more of an effort to appreciate that.

I never listen to the radio, have lost touch to a great extent with Boards, very rarely use facebook and none of my facebook friends would post a video like this.
    The above sentence may or may not be explained by me being 29, and not following most mainstream media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the poster on his wall yet, if my boys put that up there would be stern words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

My mammy wouldn't let me have a picture of boobies in my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

SamHall wrote: »

The pair of eyes on one side of the face were cool though, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I mean people were either laughing about it, or saying "Poor woman, it's really frustating when teens don't study" but no one seems to be commenting on the fact that this guy filmed a private family matter and exposed it on the internet for the whole world to see?! And it annoys me to find that the s**t still has not took it down because it's still around on Youtube.

I mean me and a relative of mine were arguing over something the other day, and a cousin of mine was in the other room laughing and was on her phone, and then my relative asked her what she was laughing at and asked her for her phone because she actually thought that she might have been recording us fighting. She said she wasn't, but I am still worried about that because I was on the computer at her house and came across a video recording of a VERY private family matter and it still disgusts me that she could film it. Not sure if she put it on the internet or not, but I deleted it anyway just in case, because she is not exactly miss innocence after what I have seen.

But this is what I mean, that she become very paranoid when she had that phone on her because of this Irish Oral video.

But is this what is had come to? Where a parent can't argue with their child without them recording it and putting it on the internet to have their five seconds of fame, and at the same time humilating them forever? I mean it's bad enough when bullies film their victims or people film eccentric things that happen in public, but to film your own family members is just low altogether.

Straying off a little but what gave you the right to delete it? Whatever about bringing it to someones attention but it wasn't yours to delete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Only heard it the other day. I actually didn't want to bring attention to it by starting this thread .....

316,962 people have viewed that particular youtube page

Of course it mutated and spawned stuff like :

"Famous" for ever

and there is always :

http://twitter.com/irishmammies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Some cave paintings are up to 40,000 years old. Do you think that video will still be around in 40 years time, never mind 40,000?

Didn't you hear? Youtube is being designated a UNESCO world heritage site, just like Lascaux. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

While it was very wrong to do what he did it was still the funniest thing I have seen this year

Advertisement