Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Special - Child Care in Ireland (No Downloads - Please Read Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Is it not just showing the reality of child care? And how out of touch the regulations are? Adjust the regulations back to how people really care for children, and have done for millennia, rather than expose them to this type of unrealistic expectations from a paper pushing state trying to impose utopia on the world. But that wouldnt suit scandal TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That HSE internal report said it all - the creche owners are calling the shots, they are effectively deciding the minimum standards. Making fortunes from parents while some children are treated worse than animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think that parents trust the carers - like they trust teachers when the child is old enough to go to school. teachers are Garda vetted - are these nutters?
    Yes they are vetted but vetting means very little really. It just means that you haven't been convicted of anything. It doesn't mean that you're a suitable person to be working with children or vulnerable adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beanmonkey

I agree reports should be published, but no number of inspections will pick up the behavior illustrated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

HSE not taking part in the programme - Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has any creche in the country ever been closed as a result of bad care?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Not something I'd normally watch as working with kids would rate somewhere between horrifying and terrifying on a scale of jobs I'd hate to do but some of these places are abysmal. It looks like the HSE are completely toothless and incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

She expects the toddler to go to sleep after grabbing his cuddly toy off him and telling him that she's putting it in the bin. What a witch :mad:

M

Bit of wrestling there, shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Distressing doesn't even describe half of what I feel watching this. Did that poor child that got shoved into his chair, hit his head off the table?
    Why are they so heavy handed with them? Absolutely terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Body slammed into a mattress - the height of child care in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

The one in the links creche needs jail time for throwing those kids

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

She's fairly throwing them about the place at nap time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

****ing hell....this bitch is throwing them like rag dolls. Outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭EdCastle

That person shouldn't be minding children, that's a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Bit of wrestling there, shocking.

Can charges not be brought against that cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

How the hell can you go to sleep after being manhandled like that?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i dont have children...but after watching those kids been thrown around i would be on an assault charge now!!! its a good thing their faces are covered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has any creche in the country ever been closed as a result of bad care?

One creche near me was closed for a bit due to bad care,its open now again though,which I found strange.

• Advertisement
    M

Vego wrote: »
    The one in the links creche needs jail time for throwing those kids

Video evidence is clear, should be a case for Garda involvement. RSPCA would be involved if the same was done to animals in a zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm not saying this to be sensationalist, but as the father of a 7 month old boy (who is not in a creche) I would do time for what I would do to some of these child care 'professionals' if I was a parent of the kids in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

HSE are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

I can't get over the violence - as the women said ' slamming them into their chairs'.

And surely shouting at little kids is not going to make them sleep. Actually, Jesus I just saw one of the bit*hes throw a child back onto their matt. If that was my kid I'd nearly be suing for assault or failing that, hitting her a slap myself!

They give the impression of a prison in this. I'm sure there are lovely people working in crèches but I'm just thankful we don't have our daughter in one.

I don't particularly like kids, and I am a very impatient person, there is no way in hell I would ever work with them, for their their sake and mine. Why in God's name are these bitches in those jobs if they can't handle it? Poor voiceless babies being humiliated, I'm beyond words. These are like the scenes from Romanian orphanages 20 years ago, parents should sue

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

See how that fu€king €unt is handling the babies in links crèche!

If somebody did that to my kid I would beat the sh1t out if them!

HSE do nothing to keep our kids safe!!

Disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I cannot understand why some of the staff are so heavy handed with the children, it's appalling. I feel physically sick after watching that woman practically throw the kids onto their mattresses. Poor little things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭EdCastle

Any of those children could have been seriously hurt or injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That woman was nasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

I am f@cking disgusted by the bully in links. I would love to get my hands on the bitch. I flip her like she did the child...

Advertisement