Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

campo wrote: »
    Hi all I am a avid couponer and have recently been made redudant so I have registered a domain name and am currenty trying to set up a site where I can offer coupons to users ( not spamming dont worry mods ) , I have contacted a lot of companies and have been given positive feedback for them supplying same , so my question is what as a potential user would you like to see on such a site
    I don't think Any one would really mind what brand it would just be nice to see more variety of coupons other than just dairy , and larger quantity of coupons at the moment there is only about 9 floating around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

IrishGurll wrote: »
    I don't think Any one would really mind what brand it would just be nice to see more variety of coupons other than just dairy , and larger quantity of coupons at the moment there is only about 9 floating around :)

Cheers IrishGurl ya every coupon would be a bonus and I am hoping to get a large amount on the site but for example would ye like to see a special offer page where you can what stores are doing offers on the products that I would have coupons for, a montly newsletter or possibly a forum on the site where coupons can be discussed also would it be a issue that if you signed up and printed a coupon that they company who issued the company emailed you and asked for feedback on that product

Cheers IrishGurl ya every coupon would be a bonus and I am hoping to get a large amount on the site but for example would ye like to see a special offer page where you can what stores are doing offers on the products that I would have coupons for, a montly newsletter or possibly a forum on the site where coupons can be discussed also would it be a issue that if you signed up and printed a coupon that they company who issued the company emailed you and asked for feedback on that product
    Yah I think it would be great to have a part of the site that matched what deals are on at what shop with the coupons it would save a lot of hassle , and a forum would be brilliant as well its great to discuss couponing with like mind people , and yes I think it would be only fair to ask for feedback on the product since a company is going out of its way to give money off , I think its brilliant what you are doing and I will defo be looking out for you're website , It would be great to have on good website that is all about coupons , Fair play to you for doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Hi all I am a avid couponer and have recently been made redudant so I have registered a domain name and am currenty trying to set up a site where I can offer coupons to users ( not spamming dont worry mods ) , I have contacted a lot of companies and have been given positive feedback for them supplying same , so my question is what as a potential user would you like to see on such a site

Good luck with this. The two most important things for me as a coupon user:
    1. Ability to print coupons unrestricted. I don't want to have to download software etc to do this and I don't want to be told I can only print once or twice. I have no problem with the pigsback way of individual barcodes per coupon.
    2. New coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Can I ask who you have gotten feedback from and what exactly they said?

• Advertisement

Irishchick wrote: »
    Can I ask who you have gotten feedback from and what exactly they said?

Can't go into too much detail but they are interested in more ways to encourage customers to choose their products and the feedback option appeals to them greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sharong

cereals would be a good one i know my family (kids) go through loads
    cleaning products
    kitchen and loo roll
    pet food
    shampoo/conditioner
    these would suit every family
    would love another coupon site

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

I'd be quite happy with more canned/frozen goods.
    Tolietries.
    Store goods (flour etc)

paddycakes wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy with more canned/frozen goods.
    Tolietries.
    Store goods (flour etc)

Cheers for replies all when up and running I will make sure to have special offers for boards users

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clodagh.dormer

Cheers for replies all when up and running I will make sure to have special offers for boards users

Thanks Campo your site sounds amazing and cannot wait until it is up and running I am new to the coupon thing and love the buzz I get when I use them! Cant wait to have more in every aspect. I dont think there are enough at all when you see what they do in America and they are for all the same products that we have here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 clodagh.dormer

Also for couponers out there on Facebook you can currently print a goodfella's pizza coupon when you like their page, unfortunatly this can only be printed twice. It is featured in the sponcered section of the news feed. There is also a Heinz soup one when you like their page it is a one time only coupon but as there are so few at the moment I thought I would post!

Lads it's so sad the coupon thread has been abandoned , ,How are we going to get these companies to listen to the consumers and give us coupons , Last year this thread was flooded with coupons and there are none at all now :(
    And have Y'all seen this http://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/tag/coupon I was fuming when I saw all these coupons when are they going to give coupons for Ireland they have said for like 2 years that they would still nothing its ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe the companies read boards and saw how the discussions veered towards 'abuse' of coupons.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Maybe the companies read boards and saw how the discussions veered towards 'abuse' of coupons.
    Bitches be trippen.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

switches_thumbnail.png

Mccain coupon http://www.mccain.co.uk/
    I'm not sure if this works because I have no ink at the moment but I selected the option to have it posted and it had an option for ROI so I'm assuming that it will come in euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Mccain coupon http://www.mccain.co.uk/
    I'm not sure if this works because I have no ink at the moment but I selected the option to have it posted and it had an option for ROI so I'm assuming that it will come in euro :)

Dont think those fries are for sale here. Think the "Southern Fries" are only for sale in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

They're listed on tesco's online shopping site

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=261202287

so if the coupon is valid for use in Ireland, great!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 asmum

And have Y'all seen this http://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/tag/coupon I was fuming when I saw all these coupons when are they going to give coupons for Ireland they have said for like 2 years that they would still nothing its ridiculous.

Emailed them before christmas on this and got this rubbish reply today :

"We appreciate your feedback on supersavvyme. We are investigating the possibility of making our coupons available in Euros.

If you have any further queries please come back to me.

Kind regards, "

So i wouldnt hold out a shred of hope !!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi All,

I cant believe there are NO new coupons, I have searched facebook, the internet almost everywhere to no avail.

The last of my persil finishes the end of the month, using the robinsons and McCambridges ones only,

This is a shame,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

really need comfort and persil ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 33 asmum

Cal04 wrote: »
    really need comfort and persil ones too

Same here. Very little of whats around are of any use to me at the moment...at one stage i had loads of coupons each shop, these days i have none as all that i use have been taken off...so its back to aldi/lidl for my main shopping for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

I agree too. Very little coupons to use :(

Robinsons & Plenty are good and still on offer in Tesco, but it looks that Aldi/Lidl are back to being the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Can pigsback vouchers be used on Tesco.ie? I've one ready to be printed (my personal one) but would it be possible to use it online instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Daniel S wrote: »
    Can pigsback vouchers be used on Tesco.ie? I've one ready to be printed (my personal one) but would it be possible to use it online instead?

Only guessing, but you could give to driver, and have the value refunded to your card, like if you sent some items back with the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Tesco Maynooth over the weekend

Girl at self scan told me that I needed to go to regular till with coupons that they were changing policy

(recognised me as avid couponer, but was not using them on this occassion)

Don't know what will happen when I am in there before 8.00 am in the mornings as all manual tills are closed at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I know, I even wrote to PHS the crowd on the coupons - they did not even respond. I would have thought they would welcome us on board and use the group here as a test group for coupons,

back to the drawing board and see what i come up with,

I have nearly stopped shopping in Tesco - without coupons its too expensive now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Just watched extreme couponing american style , I so want to move!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Couponing tips here http://wholesomeireland.com/?p=1468

And oh look we get a mention :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Tesco Maynooth over the weekend

Girl at self scan told me that I needed to go to regular till with coupons that they were changing policy

They haven't changed their policy yet.
    Pigsback coupons are still accepted by the self-scan tills.

Advertisement