Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I was recently in Tescos Clarehall and there was a stand there for the heart active milk from Avonmore. The guy doing it didnt have any coupons for the one euros off and with what I have and my dad has I fired off an email to glanbia last week sometime.

Imagine my surprise when this arrived in the door :eek:
    imag0280exgt5.jpg

Yep free!

so much thanks to glanbia and delighted they actually took the time to listen to an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well done Glanbia :)
    They're coupons for free milk? Not just money off?? :eek:

9 free litres of the milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Chucken wrote: »
    So boys and girls,we all seem to be getting the hang of the coupons :)
    On tv,they all have lovely fat folders full..so..are you that organised or are your coupons shoved in a drawer?
    I'd love a little folder but dont know where to find one.
    I was thinking of using a photo album :)

If you are very organised, how do you catagorize your coupons?
    By shop?
    By expiry?
    By product?
    :confused:

I stitched together the clear plastic A4 wallets after cutting them to size, then i keep them in a zip up book, that keeps my receipts and cards and shopping list.
    I keep them in product/aisle order, all bread together, all milk/cheese/youghurt, all cleaning products together. It makes it much easier to flick through what coupons i have and match them to whats on offer, when i'm stood in front of the product.
    Every once in a while i'll sort out the folder and check the dates to either use them up or throw them out.

we have them in a small flip photo album.
    done by products so food in one part, with a piece of paper saying when they are up and what store they can or cant be used visible.
    on the back part of the album is the cleaning non food stuff.
    done pretty much like mrswalton said above as well. and I make sure if new coupons come on pigsback I print loads as a pdf to my computer then edit them and print them out when I need them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone still have a free 900ml Innocent coupon from last year? It is valid until September and says on the back up to value of €2.59
    However all 900ml have increased to €2.79 across the main chains. Do I complain to Innocent or what?

Managed to use it today
    8761426.jpg

@Frowzy regarding the pigsback coupons.

I understand your frustration with the current list of updated coupons, however the issue that you will have is if there is a thread for each one pretty soon this forum will be filled with threads of coupons that might only be valid for a couple of weeks or until pigsback change the coupon back. * which I am sure we all know they have done.

I will admit the 1st post can be updated to show the current list of products available, but I also know that people are busy and sometimes, something is just forgotten about.

I am not one for changing it around, I think each coupon should have its own thread with the exception of pigsback because they usually have around 10 coupons each time.

and I hope none of this has offended you, occasionally people do ask questions on the actual coupon thread rather then here, but its only because on here their questions might not be answered for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

In response to a question on the pigsback thread,

the only real problem i find with any thread is the level of CHAT going on within them, the individual coupon threads should be solely for posting a coupon and then individual posts re where that product is on offer

Experiences re the use of a particular coupon should be confined to the CHAT thread

there is a site in the UK re coupons, and you HAVE TO READ the opening thread, which answers all the FAQs re how many coupns and policies etc
    and if you post in the following threads asking a question already adressed in the FAQ thread, then the post is removed

If we had one of those FAQ threads, and keep the individual coupon threads "clean" to deal with individual coupons, it would be a major improvement and use the chat thread for the purpose for which was intended, CHAT and experiences good or bad and discussion re individual coupons, but to keep the individual threads for just alerts of where the deals are currently running

i think the problem is the underutilisation of the chat forum, and misusing other threads to air questions which have been dealt with before (by longer serving users) and the answer for new users would be a FAQ thread

IMO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

^ +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

If everyone is happy that's fine, I was just expressing my opinion.

I was just confused because I thought that was the whole point of having a separate forum so we didn't have to trawl through one long thread to find the offers to match the coupon too. Don't see any difference here!

Anyhow onwards and upwards........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Just stumbled on this site: http://clicknsave.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anyone any tips on how to combine pages in pdf? what software do you use? Basically only pigsback vouchers I use are the mcambridge ones and I just print them all to separate pdf files and then combine... but I only have one per sheet... would like to have three per sheet... but when I crop them they still have their own sheet! Tried googling but figure somebody here must know! Im using adobe pro as that's what's in work....

what i use is bullzip pdf printer to print the coupons as a pdf, I then open adobe photoshop and crop the image to a jpg. I do this several times so the code up top changes, and then I copy all of them to a word doc.
    I change the margin in the word doc, and insert each coupon so they fit the page and are visible but also to allow as many coupons as possible.
    There is probably faster ways to do this but I do it the above way

I have 2 lots of these for whomever pm's me first (but must send sae)

2 x E0.70 off Steamed Mackerel
    2 x E1 off No Drain Tuna Steak
    2 x E0.40 Sardines
    2 x E2 off Red Salmon

pm me and i will give address for sae

Valid until 31-12-2012

TAKEN, THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Extreme Couponing is back on tv,watching it atm & laughing about what would happen if someone went into our local Dunnes with all those coupons-the staff would probably cry due to brain melt.

Anyone notice a dearth of Tesco till spits? I haven't been in receipt of any for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

zerks wrote: »
    Extreme Couponing is back on tv,watching it atm & laughing about what would happen if someone went into our local Dunnes with all those coupons-the staff would probably cry due to brain melt.

I used a Comfort coupon when I bought a bottle of blue Comfort in Dunnes yesterday. Altho' the coupon said €1 off any Comfort product, the cashier read it and told me it was only valid in "black in white" or "colour". I had to refrain from laughing and explained that referred to the printing and not the variety of Comfort altho they do different Whites and Colours conditioners! The cashier was not too happy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

OMG LOL at the comfort! got some in Tesco yesterday - why do they make it cheaper to buy the smaller bottle when its cheaper to make the larger one!

SV have the 34 wash sensations ones for 3euro - a little more expensive than the regular one - but some people love them,

Gonna run out of the Big Al ones at the end of the month - have to say they have been a godsend to me anyway

edited to say - I wont go to Dunnes Stores as life is hard enough without having to stand like a spare for 20 minutes while you are being scrutinised by everyone and then they say - never seen that coupon before, or ok you can use them - like they are doing us a big favour - never had a problem with Tesco and glad SV are taking them again

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Anybody ever use any of the coupons in lidl, aldi, or any other establishment... Take for example the big als coupon, could it be used in lidl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Lidl and Aldi don't accept coupons of any kind

Piece on Radio1 at the minute with Tina Leonard (:rolleyes:)
    There are approx 3000 coupons printed from Pigsback every month but only half of them are used.

Anyone sign up for that printyourcoupons.com banner advertsied on adverts?

Are there any Irish coupons available on it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

http://www.supersavvyme.co.uk/
    Just thought I would let people know about my attempts to get some more coupons available

Supersavvyme is the promotion wing of Proctor & Gamble: manufacturer of many of the biggest brands in our shopping trollies e.g Pampers, Fairy, Olay, Bold, Lenor, Gillette, etc....
    There used to be a .ie version of the website but this now redirects to the UK version where there are approx 25 coupons for various P&G products with generally £1 off

I wrote to them over a year ago asking why there were no coupons available to Irish consumers and got the fob off that they were looking into making coupons available in euros for Irish comsumers.
    I decided to write to them again last week and got the same story:
    "We have again escalated your query to the Super Savvy Me team and we are planning on launching some vouchers which will be suitable for use in Ireland in the next couple of months.
    Thanks again for taking the time to contact us"

I believe that there actually was 1 or 2 coupons for Bold if I remember correctly over tha last year.

I'm not hopeful that they will follow through on the promises, but it might be helpful if some more board members registered on the website and enquired as to availability of coupons for Irish consumers.

I wrote to them last year and same generic reply as well

They do GREAT coupons and items that you can at least stock up on!!

especially the cleaning and beauty products, feeling a little left out

"is it coz I'm Irish????" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I wrote to them as well, same story i got the same generic email back...dont hold your breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cois43

Hi i have read here how some of you email the company's and they send you coupons i was just wondering what people say in the emails. i know it sound silly but do you just ask for coupons or do you just say how much you love there product.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Just say that you really like there products and you were wondering do they offer coupons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clodagh.dormer

I emailed Supersavvy me also. I love their site and the products P&G provide but I got fobbed off too saying they are looking into this! I think it would be helpful if they thought the Irish consumer would use these products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hi all I am a avid couponer and have recently been made redudant so I have registered a domain name and am currenty trying to set up a site where I can offer coupons to users ( not spamming dont worry mods ) , I have contacted a lot of companies and have been given positive feedback for them supplying same , so my question is what as a potential user would you like to see on such a site

Advertisement