Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Ah the 7s jerseys are always a little wacky.

The white one is cool enough when you notice it's the English rose in pixel form. They do look like a dubstep soundtrack should be accompanying them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Thud

its_phil wrote: »

The white one is cool enough when you notice it's the English rose in pixel form. They do look like a dubstep soundtrack should be accompanying them though!

didn't spot that!

if you squint at the other one it looks like a fox!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thud wrote: »
    didn't spot that!

if you squint at the other one it looks like a fox!:D

i like both... 7's in general is a pretty ridiculous jersey affair. This is one of the more classy jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In the World War I era of Naval warfare they used to use a thing called Disruptive or Dazzle Pattern Camouflage on ships which made them difficult to spot and identify at a distance because the paint job reflected light so as to make it unrecognisable. I can only conclude England 7's are going for the same thing!!

bateau-furtif-dazzle-painting-wold-war-guerre-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

2y52A
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

its_phil wrote: »

Hadn't spotted that either! Though before you notice that the effect is more Christmas Jumper meets Sportswear.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

New Boks jersey. Good indicator in how Canterbury are gonna go with this years range... Thank feck they've dropped the silly belly line seem.

Jean-de-Villiers-in-the-new-Springbok-Supporters-jersey.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That boks jersey is beautiful.

That would be more than acceptable in Navy or Royal Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Smacks of a soccer jersey to me for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I prefer the neck on the Boks jersey than the the filled in neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

.ak wrote: »
    New Boks jersey. Good indicator in how Canterbury are gonna go with this years range... Thank feck they've dropped the silly belly line seem.

Jean-de-Villiers-in-the-new-Springbok-Supporters-jersey.jpg

It looks a lot better in that photo than on Lovell. I didn't like the new Boks test jersey at all so I just ordered the old Boks one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Any word on who is getting the Ireland gear contract? I'd imagine it's between Canterbury, Adidas or Under Armour. Wouldn't mind Under Armour gear myself!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Bassfish wrote: »
    Any word on who is getting the Ireland gear contract? I'd imagine it's between Canterbury, Adidas or Under Armour. Wouldn't mind Under Armour gear myself!

Cant for me, best fitting of the three for me, and while i like the adidas internation kits, the fits are just crap, the mocj up ireland one doing the rounds a few months back was sweet. wouldnt mind if they mixed it up a bit this time, the black away was a once off but maybe a little creativity in the jersey, wither that or go proper old school

03707-zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yeah I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

CatFromHue wrote: »

Holy Jaysus, you wouldn't be missed in that anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Teferi wrote: »
    Holy Jaysus, you wouldn't be missed in that anyway.

"There is certainly no avoiding this Munster offering as the electric yellow body will boldly stand out during any training session. Turning the colour down a tone, a more understated approach is given to the sleeves by incorporating onix and red in homage to their traditional home colours."

Too bold for me anyway, and I'm a Leinster supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

I think all this luminous yellow stuff creeping into the munster gear is terrible! Soon we'll be seeing something similar to that disgusting jersey Barcelona used to have.

Stick with the red, white and navy adidas!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That is one brutal jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It is awful alright. Really not a fan of the luminous stuff.

Decent jersey if you're a cyclist as well I suppose... Could be sponsored by the RSA.

I like some of the brighter jerseys. Borussia Dortmund, for example have always had lovely jerseys. Not a fan of that Munster one though. Not bright enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

$(KGrHqRHJEkFE1ktt,dPBReZGjJ7Qw~~60_12.JPG
    heard through the grapevine this is irelands shirt for the season coming, last puma offering before the deal changes hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It does fit with the current puma designs, we'll see.

I like the shade of green but I wouldn't buy it.

Depp wrote: »
    $(KGrHqRHJEkFE1ktt,dPBReZGjJ7Qw~~60_12.JPG
    heard through the grapevine this is irelands shirt for the season coming, last puma offering before the deal changes hands
    meh!

Don't get why they have to have silly sticky rubber bits on the chest on all their jerseys. Does it serve any sort of purpose? Other than I like it. I love plain jerseys.

• Advertisement

I like the 4 province shields.

Advertisement