Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Firblog

Being asked to enter my "PIN Number"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

When check out girls take your bank card out of your hand and put it into the pay machine thingy.

I'm not 10,i know how to use the poxy thing.Now get your grubby little hands off my plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dozy schoolkids walking into the road in front of me forcing me to slam on the brakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

Those eejits that stop to leave someone else out when there is nothing at all behind them, or worse still when there is some one directly behind.
    Learn the rules of the road you wannabe dogooders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

"Unexpected item in bagging area"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

"Unexpected item in bagging area"

For some inexplicable reason, that inspires Hulk levels of rage in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Those eejits that stop to leave someone else out when there is nothing at all behind them, or worse still when there is some one directly behind.
    Learn the rules of the road you wannabe dogooders.

the word you're looking for is "let" :D

Lollipop ladies (men/people whatever the pc term is now) holding up an entire bus full of commuters to let one child cross the road. Wait until there are a few like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Hate it when you're eating and the waiter comes over and asks if everything's OK for you - always when you have a mouthful of food.

I swear they're either trained to do this or doing it for the laugh. "Oooh, look at the size of that chunk of steak she's about to put in her gob - alright guys, watch this!"
    aSligoDub wrote: »
    My wife puts the jax roll on the wrong (imo) way round.

In a civilised society it should spill gracefully over the top. Not hang from the back.

The trivial thing annoying me right now is not the noise and dirt from the roadworks outside my house. I can live with that. It's that one of the workmen likes to sing. Loudly. Off key. No song I've ever heard. You know during football matches when the crowd starts to sing and the tempo is off and you can't make out a flipping word or tune and it's in a low pitched man drone? He sounds like that all by himself. I wish he'd stfu and get back to dropping sheets of metal that rattle the foundations of my house and throwing up clouds of sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

''Web Page Has Expired''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

When nosey aule biddies look you up and down just because you have kids, ive 3 and I look younger then 29 so I get "oh look you have your hands full" P**s off and mind your own business

The way people look at you when you go up to the top deck of a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

hollster2 wrote: »
    When nosey aule biddies look you up and down just because you have kids, ive 3 and I look younger then 29 so I get "oh look you have your hands full" P**s off and mind your own business

Also happens when you have one child and you get the "Ah you'll have to hurry and give her some company". Reply "thats why we got her a cat"! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People who use words in the wrong context, or where they obviously do not understand the meaning at all but still use them. It makes me far angrier than it should. My FIL is terrible for it. He was asked to apply for a position at this place he used to work, in his head this made him first choice for the job and he basically already had it. He kept telling us (and everyone else) that he was the incumbent for the role. It was a bit awkward explaining to him that he was using the word incumbent wrong.

I also saw this really bizarre interview with Ben Affleck recently where he kept saying that people were being really graceful when he obviously meant gracious. It was about people he worked on Argo with. It was like someone had given him word of the day toilet paper or something but he read it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    the word you're looking for is "let" :D
    Your right of course, still tilting as fcuk, I bet you're one of em and all:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

Neighbours that constantly hammer, drill or just constantly doing diy in their house at all hours of the day and night. For fcuk sake like im convinced there tryin to knock our houses into one.:mad:

When people don't follow the unwritten rules of commuter etiquette I've made up in my head.

-Let people off before trying to get on.
    -Don't rush on like you're some sort of desperate sitting-maniac. It's pathetic.
    -Don't lean your entire body up against the handrail so that I've to reach for one my entire arm's length away.
    -Definitely don't lean your entire body up against the handrail when my hand is already on it. You're creeping me out and I'll resent you forever for making me move my hand. Especially when my hand was low on the handrail and you've made me touch your big fat man-bum.
    -You're not going to get dizzy by sitting with your back to the direction we're going. Get over it and follow the diagonal four-seater/two-people rule. God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

hollster2 wrote: »

Try being a grown man walking down the street with ONE child, you REALLY wouldn't want to be any way paranoid! :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    People who use words in the wrong context, or where they obviously do not understand the meaning at all but still use them. It makes me far angrier than it should. My FIL is terrible for it. He was asked to apply for a position at this place he used to work, in his head this made him first choice for the job and he basically already had it. He kept telling us (and everyone else) that he was the incumbent for the role. It was a bit awkward explaining to him that he was using the word incumbent wrong.

How awkward would it be if your father in law when talking to his new boss were to say "My dil...", his boss would try to interrupt him thinking he was about to share too much information... :D

Trivial things that annoy me? People who are only interested in themselves.

A classic example being just now when a well spoken middle aged lady and I were walking down the street, and there were a crowd of about twenty school children coming the opposite way, so we'd to step out on the street to pass them.

I was about to cross the road once we'd passed them when the woman launched into a tirade about how "the children should have been walking two abreast and they'd no respect for people and their teachers were too busy nattering, etc", she was giving it welly, even the rubbish on the street, then as we walked she told me she'd an interview to go to, she was going back to work after 28 years, but she'd no idea where the building was.

I was well out of my way at this stage, but I decided that I'd walk her to the building to make sure she didn't get lost and was late for her interview (actually now I think of it, not once did she say thank you!).

After leaving her into the building, I wished her well in her interview and doubled back to where I was going myself. I was on my way back down past the same building when I spotted the woman, but she happened to be on the phone at the time and I heard her say to the person on the other end that she had no idea where she was.

I decided I'd stand off to one side and wait til she was finished on the phone to ask her how she got on in her interview and then direct her out of the area. She spotted me out of the corner of her eye and while still on the phone, darted into the middle of the street in front of oncoming traffic, looking back to see was I still standing there.

I figured at that point it was best to get the hell out of there and be on my way before she killed herself to get away from the person who only five minutes earlier had gone out of his way to help her.

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Your right of course, still tilting as fcuk, I bet you're one of em and all:pac:.

I cant remember what it was that annoyed you, sorry! Something about letting people out? Yeah I do, it makes me feel all warm fuzzy inside ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Sandwich boards that block half the path!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I decided I'd stand off to one side and wait til she was finished on the phone to ask her how she got on in her interview and then direct her out of the area. She spotted me out of the corner of her eye and while still on the phone, darted into the middle of the street in front of oncoming traffic, looking back to see was I still standing there.

I figured at that point it was best to get the hell out of there and be on my way before she killed herself to get away from the person who only five minutes earlier had gone out of his way to help her.

Dude, you came across a bit rapey there. She probably thought you were a serial killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

might have said this before but the goopy layer that forms on top of microwaved milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Dude, you came across a bit rapey there. She probably thought you were a serial killer!

Ah no I can understand El G how she thought that, but only half an hour earlier I was the complete stranger she chose for an ear bending session and even walked and chatted for a good ten minutes with, I suppose it was just freakishly coincidental that we met again...

>_>
    <_<

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

National radio stations that insist on playing roughly a dozen or so songs on loop - I never want to hear Passenger, Republic of Loose, Macklemore, The Villagers, The Coronas or Milk again. I've probably left out one or two more as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

That new republic of loose song is an abomination. sounds like some drunk 40 year old who can't sing making it up as he goes along while his halfwit brothers mangle the instruments.

I genuinely thought it was a gift grub sketch or something the first time i heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

National radio stations that insist on playing roughly a dozen or so songs on loop - I never want to hear Passenger, Republic of Loose, Macklemore, The Villagers, The Coronas or Milk again. I've probably left out one or two more as well.

That and the repetition of ads, news and shíte traffic reports are the reason I no longer listen to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

That fake poxy D4 accent really does me nut in...why not just talk normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Political discussions getting hijacked by something not so relevant and so nothing is dealt with properly.
    The biggest one is when there is any tax or cut. Rather than discussing the implications of it, the reasoning behind it, the rationale, the alternatives, there is an immediate questioning of TDs expenses and allowances. Then the original issue isn't discussed at all and nothing is dealt with properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Try being a grown man walking down the street with ONE child, you REALLY wouldn't want to be any way paranoid!

Yeah, I was out with my brother and his 2yo daughter, we were getting odd looks. Feck knows what people will think if I bring her to the playground by herself. This paedophile paranoia thing is utterly, insanely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Yeah, I was out with my brother and his 2yo daughter, we were getting odd looks. Feck knows what people will think if I bring her to the playground by herself. This paedophile paranoia thing is utterly, insanely ridiculous.

I take my young daughter to the park all the time and never get any funny looks. I often see other fathers there with their children too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement