Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck in neighbours basement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

shane9689 wrote: »
    cant find any rope...theres some tools and a washing machine though...

but in all seriousness, im not sure i want to go back upstairs. theres usually only a middle-aged couple here, but it sounds like theres more than the usualy around tonight :l

it would seriously not look good if they found me, as ive been trying to give a good impression all week. i need help!

Right ok, take off all your clothes, throw them in the washing machine, get a hammer, start making some loud noises with it, and then they'll hear you and come down. Introduce yourself as the handyman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Think you may hide and find a spot for the night... And hope they don't come down there for anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Tear your clothes up a bit and get dust on you then run up stairs shouting "zombies in the basement,run for your lives".

That should clear the house while you get away.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

i could overhear them talking about some party tonight. its fine, ill just wait for them to leave and ill sneak out when they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Hold on , I've got it , disconnect the washing machine , flood the basement and swim towards the window you got in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

Would be bad if the party was at theirs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

While I'd like to believe this the internet has left me bitter and jaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

You can drink your own urine.
    After Hours taught me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

to be honest, it all started as an innocent misunderstanding. I don't want to leave a bad impression, only moved in last week. :(
    as i said, id prefer if this went under the radar...

What innocent misunderstanding could lead you to your neighbours basement??
    And you trying to make a good impression! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Start a page on Facebook saying there's a party on there with free drink. Then escape amidst the confused throng.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cover your face with a pair of knickers from the washing machine and run out the door screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Call the house, pose as a Garda telling them their daughter/granddaughter has been arrested and would they come to the local station.

Then wait for them to leave before burning the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

How can you slip presumably through their front door ( or worse a window) and down a flight of stairs into a basement that you are now stuck in over a "simple misunderstanding? Either you wanted something in the house or you where just having a good old fashioned evening creep. In either case the answer is whip it out and stride back up lad in hand.

Gee_G wrote: »
    What innocent misunderstanding could lead you to your neighbours basement??
    And you trying to make a good impression! :)

well amongst the chaos of moving in over the week my hamster escaped. i chased it into their shed but couldnt find it. they found me standing in the shed and didnt realise i was their new neighbour, it lead to alot of confusion and they almost called the gardí :/ they arent the nicest of neighbours, but id like to get along with them since i just moved in. showing up in their basement wont look very good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

check the ground for a hidden safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are you Tom Hanks OP? Get out of there before they come back for your skull!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

well amongst the chaos of moving in over the week my hamster escaped. i chased it into their shed but couldnt find it. they found me standing in the shed and didnt realise i was their new neighbour, it lead to alot of confusion and they almost called the gardí :/they arent the nicest of neighbours, but id like to get along with them since i just moved in. showing up in their basement wont look very good!

You broke into their house!!

Did you find the hamster? Did they kill the hamster? Burn them laddie, burn them all!

well amongst the chaos of moving in over the week my hamster escaped. i chased it into their shed but couldnt find it. they found me standing in the shed and didnt realise i was their new neighbour, it lead to alot of confusion and they almost called the gardí :/ they arent the nicest of neighbours, but id like to get along with them since i just moved in. showing up in their basement wont look very good!
    This would make a great film

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Are you in their basement to find the hamster?? I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Did you tell them you've only moved in? If they find you, just tell them this is where you moved into and then ask them what the hell are they doing in your bedsit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Chasing your hamster into their shed still doesn't explain what you are doing in their basement?!!
    Now if they are not the nicest neighbours would you not maybe taken a moment to think logically about this and maybe then you might Have decided not to break into their house??:)

to be fully honest, i dont think i should be in their basement in the first place :S

id prefer not say too much incase they find this forum! but it really is just a misunderstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

You live in a semi detached Georgian house ?

yes! theyre leaving in an hour, i heard them shouting. sound serious, but i dont care, freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Just tell them that you get severe vertigo and had to go to the lowest place you could find. Then mention that they have a beautiful basement and stroll off into the sunshine with your head held high. (But not too high - 'cause of the vertigo and all.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

to be fully honest, i dont think i should be in their basement in the first place :S

id prefer not say too much incase they find this forum! but it really is just a misunderstanding

If they find you, you will have to explain that to the gardai and probably catch a charge of breaking and entering.

Notify your neighbours that you are in their home, explain, apologise profusely and stay out of their way for the foreseeable future.

You said that there is a washing machine down there - what if they go down to put on a wash?

Bite the bullet, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

cant find any rope...theres some tools and a washing machine though...

but in all seriousness, im not sure i want to go back upstairs. theres usually only a middle-aged couple here, but it sounds like theres more than the usualy around tonight :l

it would seriously not look good if they found me, as ive been trying to give a good impression all week. i need help!

they could be hosting a swingers party tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If they find you, you will have to explain that to the gardai and probably catch a charge of breaking and entering.

Notify your neighbours that you are in their home, explain, apologise profusely and stay out of their way for the foreseeable future.

You said that there is a washing machine down there - what if they go down to put on a wash?

Bite the bullet, buddy.

If this guys serious, I don't think a little apology is going to cut it! " Terribly sorry, I guess I thought it was my basement, but apparently not, silly misunderstanding, toodle doo. "

yes! theyre leaving in an hour, i heard them shouting. sound serious, but i dont care, freedom!

Ye they're having a row. Husband is probably pissed off and angry now and going down to the basement to cool off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Why did you break in to your neighbours house ?

Advertisement