Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi guys

Has anybody received the cradle for use in the car? http://ie.mobilefun.com/37731-car-mount-cradle-for-lg-nexus-4.htm

Seen people ordered on here a few weeks ago but slow shipping or something was an issue..

I'm interested in finding out if this mount covers the phones speaker, kinda looks like it does and if your using it for sat navigation it be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hi guys

Has anybody received the cradle for use in the car? http://ie.mobilefun.com/37731-car-mount-cradle-for-lg-nexus-4.htm

Seen people ordered on here a few weeks ago but slow shipping or something was an issue..

The issues are that it was sold out and people who had ordered had slow shipping times but that was from amazon.

Don't think anyone had ordered from the above link - I haven't ordered yet...not sure if 30 quid is good value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

EGriff wrote: »
    Light flow works pretty well. You can pick colours and how fast it flashes etc.
    I find the LED is very dim - you'd see it if you looked straight at it, but not otherwise. I've seen one of the Jiayu cheap (but good) phones and the LED is like a beacon, casting a flashing light on the ceiling in a dark room.

I'm assuming that my LED isn't bonzoed?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

keith16 wrote: »
    The issues are that it was sold out and people who had ordered had slow shipping times but that was from amazon.

Don't think anyone had ordered from the above link - I haven't ordered yet...not sure if 30 quid is good value for money.

ah i see,thanks bud..will have a look around and see if there are any other mounts..just installed sygic so im after one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anynama141 wrote: »
    I find the LED is very dim - you'd see it if you looked straight at it, but not otherwise. I've seen one of the Jiayu cheap (but good) phones and the LED is like a beacon, casting a flashing light on the ceiling in a dark room.

It is a bit dim alright. I doubt there's much that can be done about that, maybe some of the custom ROMs have brightness settings for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

Anynama141 wrote: »

This is where i was coming from with asking for an alternative to the flashing LED. Noled pops up with little envelopes or app icons. Any like this out there?

dots104 wrote: »
    This is where i was coming from with asking for an alternative to the flashing LED. Noled pops up with little envelopes or app icons. Any like this out there?

Not really. Having an app like that on LCD screen like the Nexus means your whole screen would be always on killing your battery to just display an icon or two. NO LED worked on AMOLED screens as it only turned on the AMOLEDs needed when in use so 99% of the screen was still turned off saving power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

This post has been deleted.

I haven't experienced that problem but I had to return my first Nexus 4 phone due to the volume buttons not working.
    Pretty hassle free and got a replacement very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No, all they asked was my gmail address. It was a new UK one I had set up for ordering it in the first place.
    They will send you an email to order the replacement which will be shipped to your Parcel Motel address. When the replacement comes it will also contain return shipping envelope with details on how to return the faulty phone. They use TNT. I rang TNT in Dublin who picked up the faulty phone from my work place in Sligo.
    Google Nexus support number is 0044 800 328 6081.

• Advertisement

When you get the return envelope, it will contain an account number. Quote this number when ringing TNT and tell them you already have a consignment envelope. The return address for the faulty phone is actually in Poland and not the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

[Hi guys

Seen people ordered on here a few weeks ago but slow shipping or something was an issue.]

I have the Kidigi car kit, it's fine with a skinny cover on the phone but won't fit in when I have my armourdillo case on the phone, my only complaint with it....

Mobilefun you could be waiting a while if you choose the cheap shipping option, I made that mistake and my order was a month delayed, they resent it on a tracked order as the other one went AWOL and got it then no hassle....

Fieldog wrote: »
    [Hi guys

Seen people ordered on here a few weeks ago but slow shipping or something was an issue.]

I have the Kidigi car kit, it's fine with a skinny cover on the phone but won't fit in when I have my armourdillo case on the phone, my only complaint with it....

Mobilefun you could be waiting a while if you choose the cheap shipping option, I made that mistake and my order was a month delayed, they resent it on a tracked order as the other one went AWOL and got it then no hassle....

Yea i have the ringke slim cover on my phone,i think i will give the kidigi one a miss though and go for the mountek version which is universal and just pops into the cd player tray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

ah i see,thanks bud..will have a look around and see if there are any other mounts..just installed sygic so im after one...

let us know if you find something.

keith16 wrote: »
    let us know if you find something.

this is the one im gonna get http://tinyurl.com/d35rafe there is also a couple of reviews on youtube..who has use for cd's in their cards these days anyway:D http://tinyurl.com/cja5rgu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Grand, asked my mate to order me one in the US and his dad will be visiting him next week and bringing it back home on the 20th. Woohoo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I have the Kidigi mount and I really like it.
    I didn't insult my phone by using a cover/case.

My only issue with the mount is that if covers either the volume or the lock button, depending on how you put the phone in.

Paid about €20.

I'm seeing music show up in euros in the Google play store now. Does anyone know when that started? Been waiting for ages!

Ok so I can't buy anything as of yet... Was that always the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Hmmm when I use soundsearch now and click on the song it brings me to a page where you can buy it, before it would just launch the app store. I still can't actually buy any music but I can browse the artists tracks and related artists. Can't access any music from the normal play store either.

Did you guys always see music in your play store because of a UK based account or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I have two questions for those of you in the Nexus 4 know.

How to i change the play store to Euros? Its stuck in Pound Sterling and my account information is
    Irish on my google wallet.

Is there any way to make the rear speaker louder?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have two questions for those of you in the Nexus 4 know.

How to i change the play store to Euros? Its stuck in Pound Sterling and my account information is
    Irish on my google wallet.

Is there any way to make the rear speaker louder?

Thanks in advance

I think you have to change your credit card back to Irish if you changed it to the uk.

As for the rear speaker, mine is pretty loud. I seen somewhere in this thread that someone mentioned an app for increasing the volume. I will have a look and see if I can find it.

Edit - volume+ is the app. Was on the first page!

Ok so I installed the Syngic app for GPS navigation the other day..then i found copilot,then there is also Navigon for android,so there's a lot to choose from..

You could of course use Google maps which is free but requires a data connection for the duration of your journey to provide navigation, Syngic and a couple of others use maps which are stored on your phone..

Just wondering has anybody used any of these apps for a sustained period of time? not sure which one to go for to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I've used Copilot on the Galaxy Nexus and thought the app was superb. My main issue was the fact that the phone always seemed to place me about 30ft from where I actually was which became a nuisance in cities because it kept giving wrong directions or got confused.
    Maybe the GPS is better on the Nexus 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Ok so I installed the Syngic app for GPS navigation the other day..then i found copilot,then there is also Navigon for android,so there's a lot to choose from..

You could of course use Google maps which is free but requires a data connection for the duration of your journey to provide navigation, and a couple of others use maps which are stored on your phone..

Just wondering has anybody used any of these apps for a sustained period of time? not sure which one to go for to be honest...
    I find navfree quiet good. It also has offline maps. It's arrival timesare not very accurate I thought do.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. Ive installed copilot as well,got a free trial period and looks good. Defo better going with the offline maps I think,but I read that this is where Syngic fall down as while they use tom tom maps,they don't update them very often...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Mine not showing either.
    I tried turning Google now off and back on but no joy.

Advertisement