Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening Bargain Alerts Mega Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Guys,

No idea if this is a bargin, i have just spread some sulphate of iron out on the lawns and was wondering if this aerator / scarifier is any good?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-9B0251DA-161CF798/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_29485.htm

Would this be any good for a 1/2 acre lawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Antbody buy the 710W Garden Cultivator in lidl before? thinkg of geting seems the back is struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cheapest seeds Ive ever seen, 3 packets for €2 euro in the €2 euro shops
    veg and flowers, many packets are "multi" packs as well
    Got some last year, came up a treat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cheapest seeds Ive ever seen, 3 packets for €2 euro in the €2 euro shops
    veg and flowers, many packets are "multi" packs as well
    Got some last year, came up a treat

We bought a few packets to try out on the allotment last year..and we got a nice crop from them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

anyone know the cheapest place to buy shiplap panel fencing. cheapest i have seen is 24.

• Advertisement

anyone know the cheapest place to buy shiplap panel fencing. cheapest i have seen is 24.

8 euro 50 cents in Goodwins.

Pressure Treated 16 foot lengths..(150mm tall) ...tongue and grooved and shiplapped..:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    8 euro 50 cents in Goodwins.

Pressure Treated 16 foot lengths..(150mm tall) ...tongue and grooved and shiplapped..:)

JESUS. are you serious? thats a bargain. right i am off to goodwins.. thanks you Paddy, you are far and away the most helpful poster on this forum!

JESUS. are you serious? thats a bargain. right i am off to goodwins.. thanks you Paddy, you are far and away the most helpful poster on this forum!

YEP,serious.:D

http://www.goodwins.ie/p-818-shiplap-cladding-board-treated-ridged-150mm-x-22mm-48m.aspx

We (myself and herself) bought a fair lot of it just before Christmas.:)

Oh and thanks for that aswell..:)

ah they are 24 quid there too

http://www.goodwins.ie/c-1204-timber-panels-trellis.aspx

not sure what you thought i meant. do you build your own fence with the once you supplied?

ah they are 24 quid there too

http://www.goodwins.ie/c-1204-timber-panels-trellis.aspx

not sure what you thought i meant. do you build your own fence with the once you supplied?

Sorry my fault and my appoligy to you.

I didnt read your post correctly.:o

I somehow thought you wanted shiplap cladding.
    Sorry.

24 quid for a ahiplap fence panel is about as good as it gets.

Thats what most of the builders providers are currently charging.:)

• Advertisement

http://www.abbeylawn.net/category/fencing/timber-panels/

BARGAIN 20 quid a panel and the posts are 7 quid so i got it all for 270 whereas i would have paid 250 and 100 for the posts in chadwicks soi basically saved 100 quid. lovely people to deal with too.

http://www.abbeylawn.net/category/fencing/timber-panels/

BARGAIN 20 quid a panel and the posts are 7 quid so i got it all for 270 whereas i would have paid 250 and 100 for the posts in chadwicks soi basically saved 100 quid. lovely people to deal with too.

Thats a fantastic price...well done.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Excellent. Thanks for the link.
    A load of us on the road got double picket fencing a few years ago and got a good deal because we bought them in bulk.
    However, I only did one side at the time. Might ask the new neighbour if she wants to go 50/50 and get some to replace the dividing fence between us. The original one is still just about standing and is in awful condition.

Large Spear & Jackson Axe reduced from 30 euro to 15 euro.

30 meter heavy duty Hozelock garden hose kit reduced from 25 euro to 15 euro.

Clearence section in Homebase.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Readers might bear in mind what is what. There's a big difference between a Shiplap panel and a Lapped panel. The latter is basic and commonly available < € 20.00/panel, so €20/panel is no bargain.

Similarly a 4.8m x 150mm Shiplap/weathersheeting boarding is a narrower size of the usual size (170mm x 5.4m) and at € 8.50/length is no bargain either.

More like spot the con and not a bargain.

Readers might bear in mind what is what. There's a big difference between a Shiplap panel and a Lapped panel. The latter is basic and commonly available < € 20.00/panel, so €20/panel is no bargain.

Similarly a 4.8m x 150mm Shiplap/weathersheeting boarding is a narrower size of the usual size (170mm x 5.4m) and at € 8.50/length is no bargain either.

More like spot the con and not a bargain.

Do you ever stop whinging and complaining??

Thats all you ever do on this forum.

You dont post any bargains though for some strange reason......

So either post a bargain or 2 or else go off and complain elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Do you ever stop whinging and complaining??

Thats all you ever do on this forum.

You dont post any bargains though for some strange reason......

So either post a bargain or 2 or else go off and complain elsewhere.

What's the point in posting about 'bargains' if you cannot tell the difference between a shiplap panel and a lapped panel?

What's the point in posting about 'bargains' if you cannot tell the difference between a shiplap panel and a lapped panel?

Go and annoy other people elsewhere....because you are not going to ruin this thread with your stupid carry on....(you got a months holiday for your carry on allready).

You dont post any bargains at all,you dont contribute to this thread at all either...except for to try and degrade it and the people who post here.

Go and read the very 1st post on this thread....

"This thread is for users to post any gardening type bargains they may have seen or heard about".

A few rules:

1) No personal adverts

2) No pimping your own business ( if you provide a service that you think users might be interested in, please PM the forum Mods and we'll discuss it with you)

3) Please provide some specifics, e.g if its an online offer provide the web address

cheers

MM

Now either post some bargains and links or else go off and annoy another forum and its members.

Regards.

Yeoman bulb planter reduced to 1 euro 25 cents in Tesco,Clarehall.

Keter outdoor garden storage box reduced from 45 euro to 31 euro 46 cents in Tesco Clarehall

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Go and annoy other people elsewhere....because you are not going to ruin this thread with your stupid carry on....(you got a months holiday for your carry on allready).

You dont post any bargains at all,you dont contribute to this thread at all either...except for to try and degrade it and the people who post here.

Go and read the very 1st post on this thread....

"This thread is for users to post any gardening type bargains they may have seen or heard about".

A few rules:

1) No personal adverts

2) No pimping your own business ( if you provide a service that you think users might be interested in, please PM the forum Mods and we'll discuss it with you)

3) Please provide some specifics, e.g if its an online offer provide the web address

cheers

MM

Now either post some bargains and links or else go off and annoy another forum and its members.

Regards.
    Paddy, I may not be Sonnenblumen's biggest fan, but he is entitled to his opinion on something like this if done so in the proper manner. You both have history, fair enough, but you have no right to tell Sonnenblumen to stop posting in this thread.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Paddy, I may not be Sonnenblumen's biggest fan, but he is entitled to his opinion on something like this if done so in the proper manner. You both have history, fair enough, but you have no right to tell Sonnenblumen to stop posting in this thread.

Well maybe he could actually back up his post above regarding PT fence panels and shiplap cladding comment of "20 euro and 8 euro 50 cents being a con and not a bargain".....funny that I dont see any prices/links from him on this thread.....wonder why???

So instead of constantly posting these types of posts...maybe he should go and post an actual gardening bargain or 2 (with links/pics) on this "gardening bargain alerts thread"..........for a change.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tesco Ballybrack are doing Westland slow release plant food for 75% off which worked out at €2.13 (bought some Friday and just remembered to post about it now).
    Pretty spectacular bargain, I bought two boxes! There was plenty there too, might head back tomorrow whilst herself is asleep and hide a couple of more boxes in the greenhouse!

DSCF9992.jpg

Paddy hope you dont mind me using your photo of the stuff from before!

Edit: Corrected price, still some left!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Tesco Ballybrack are doing Westland slow release plant food for 75% off which worked out at €2.75 i think (bought some Friday and just remembered to post about it now).
    Pretty spectacular bargain, I bought two boxes! There was plenty there too, might head back tomorrow whilst herself is asleep and hide a couple of more boxes in the greenhouse!

DSCF9992.jpg

Paddy hope you dont mind me using your photo of the stuff from before!

No problem.:)

Hozelock 50 meter garden hose/adjustable hose reel kit and fittings.

Was 83 euro....reduced to 50 euro.

I got it for 48 euro.

Bargain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Hozelock 50 meter garden hose/adjustable hose reel kit and fittings.

Was 83 euro....reduced to 50 euro.

I got it for 48 euro.

Bargain.:)

Where did you find this one?

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Where did you find this one?

Liquidation/Bargain shop on Malahide Road.

Allmost 100 euro in Woodies.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Aldi have some great selections of bedding plants and hanging baskets - http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26491.htm. People were wheeling out trolley loads of the stuff this morning in the Bray branch. Missed the begonias but am sure they will be back. Spent most of the day planting them, in the sun, great stuff!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

B&Q Liffey Valley and also Airside are sealling of various shrubs,trees,plants and flowers with up to 50% off marked price at the moment.

Had a look around Airside this evening and there was a fair amount of stuff on sale.

Lots of various DK/RHS Gardening and Fruit & Veg growing books on sale in Aldi for 4 euro at the moment.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I see the Indo ran an ad on Satrday:

free flowers and veg seed; no coupon required - all you need to do is send an SAE to: and one pack of each shoul dwing its way to you: there were no T&C so i presume its a free for all who buy 2 stamps

Sutton Seeds
    Mr Middleton Garden Shop
    58 Mary Street
    Dublin 1

Advertisement