Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engineering project 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

Project is due Friday and i just got the thing moving and picking up the ball , its looking good enough. Only starting my brief know thought so i expect to not do well with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Project is due Friday and i just got the thing moving and picking up the ball , its looking good enough. Only starting my brief know thought so i expect to not do well with that
    I probably will only finish my project on friday....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Long night ahead for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markh1074

Nearly finished up, hopefully il get it done tomorrow! Worked it out yesterday that me and some other lads have spent over 100 hours outside of class working on this with our teaching! ****ing ridiculous, but I cant wait to get to play with it

So are we allowed to post photos after tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

daz801 wrote: »
    So are we allowed to post photos after tomorrow?

Not if you don't want some contact from the SEC. Once the date for appeals of LC grades is over, probably late August, then there is not a problem. Until then, they remain examination material.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

how long were peoples briefs ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markh1074

mines looking to be between 30 and 40 pages, including all my diagrams and working drawings.

So we were told that the examiners are coming in to mark our projects tomorrow and that they will also be training in new examiners to mark the projects. This makes me a bit nervous, do you think this is likely to make them mark the project a bit easier or harder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

daz801 wrote: »
    So we were told that the examiners are coming in to mark our projects tomorrow and that they will also be training in new examiners to mark the projects. This makes me a bit nervous, do you think this is likely to make them mark the project a bit easier or harder?

They will mark it exactly the same.
    Very odd that you were told any details of what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 LCstudent17

Well I hope everyone got it finished. But I think the general feeling about the project is that it was very unfair? It was a ridiculous amount of work for 25%?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheHardyViper

Yeah I agree.
    It was like having to make 3 projects in one.
    Got it done though, seriously took a lot of time, especially from doing theory work.

Looking at my 2 brothers from the last 2years, this years project looks to have took a lot more work and it has taking a lot more money? Projects of these sizes aren't viable for schools? I recon every project cost 200+?

Well this year, many people (in my class, anyway) made a crane to transport the ball, we then had to make a scoring mechanism and a grab/suction mechanism to pick up and release the ball.
    I think it was 3 years ago they had to make a crane, and that's it.
    I think we were a trial run and after they hear all the complaining, next years group will get an easy project.

So guys, how did everyone get on?

So guys, how did everyone get on?

B2 can't complain.

Anyone know when we can collect projects?/ Post pictures or videos on internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

My project went terrible. I'd say the hardest project they ever gave. Was the only subject I had a possibility of a high B or an A and I got a C2 cos me project was so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Got a B1 in it. It was all down to my project really. My teacher did say it was the most difficult project he has come across so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got a C3, project was nowhere near finished so happy enough with that

B1. there was only two A2's in my class and no A1's. lowest engineering results in my school for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

happy enough with my c1 as I fuked up on the theory but had a full 25 percent fer the project :)

Anyone gonna post a picture of there project?

I don't think we're aloud until rechecks are done

You can post once the date for applying for rechecks is gone, which I think it is.

I'm sure the SEC will be in touch if I'm wrong about that.

Advertisement