Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

shedweller wrote: »
    True. I never use the spanner to tighten the disc. Just turn the disc against the lock and its tight enough. Otherwise youll be swinging out of the spanner to open it.
    They are dangerous bastards though! The spinning blade can lift a chunk of skin in a blink, and they can stick and jump if not careful. Gently Bentley.

Take care Son0vagun. We don't want the movie to turn into a horror story. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I dont know the specifics o the safe but the side closest to the keyhole is probably where the lock is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The plan is to cut a small square out of the bottom. I want to return it to the ground where I found it. Would love to put a transcript of this post in it for someone else to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Whats on Adelaide Road ?

A hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Could you not now take it to a lock smith? Surely a lot cheaper now that it's mobile.

<just realises it's Sunday and all lock smiths will be closed>

Okay, rip that Mother apart!!!

• Advertisement

Son0vagun wrote: »
    The plan is to cut a small square out of the bottom. I want to return it to the ground where I found it. Would love to put a transcript of this post in it for someone else to find.
    Much tastier job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

We're at a key point in proceedings now...

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Get a plasma gun

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

Whats on Adelaide Road ?

The Eye and Ear Hospital
    Wear glasses/goggles OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Lets hope it doesn't contain a transcript from an old P45rant.net thread :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Get a plasma gun

Ah woodies where all out of plasma guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Plasma or a grinder will burn whatever is inside.

You really need to open this properly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I suppose you should really also consider the possibility that the contents may be flammable, toxic maybe even explosive ordnance.
    Probably isn't; still you feel like a bit of a knob walking in to the local A&E with you fingers in lunch box.

Maybe you should first drill a exploratory hole into the safe.
    T'would equilibrate pressures at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

But it's in your shed who else is going to find it?...unless...no...we've all been accomplices in a grand theft - you don't own the shed, thesafemissus and hair cut boy are known to the authorities - they tried to stop you but it didn't work...you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suite16

smcgiff wrote: »
    Lets hope it doesn't contain a transcript from an old P45rant.net thread :eek:

Ah how I miss p45... the good ol' days, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭soggy biscuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HMCArgqWM

..... If you have a problem, that no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Son0vagun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Hope it's not a small metal cash box in the safe. You'd need a bigger hole to get that out.

This is going to end badly with the grinder method.

The inside will fill with molten sparks of metal and burn the bollocks out of anything worth salvaging . No amount of cooling on top will stop this. Or the heat build up on the inside walls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Really need to bate the scutter off the opening with a sledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

drill a few holes beside each other in it and get tiny light or computer camera into it.

probably easier said than done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

OP- what are your thoughts on the angle grinder burning up the contents? There's a growing list of posts advising you not to use this method- are you happy you know what you're doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

That was a great suggestion someone gave before. If you do make sure to get it vacuum packed so it will be water and air tight and last for years.

Also be very very careful with the grinder. Wear goggles and at least make sure to watch safety videos online of how to safety operate one Ok. Take care buddy.

Even if there's nothing in the safe the experience has been worth it. No one else apart from us few hundred people involved will ever understand :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

OK, it's 1220, update, upDATE, UPDATE!

****clock is slow.

If it was me.

I would get ten 8mm drill bits in b&q (as its sunday). Get a slow speed electric drill . A center punch. A litter bottle of engine oil to cool the drill .

And as said make a hole the size of your hand.

You will also need a cold chisel and a lump hammer . Not forgetting safety glasses or face shild and gloves.

I do this kind of thing for a living. Not a safe cracker. But a fabrication engineer .

Please don't grind it. What if its ammo ?

^^^^^^^^
    What he said. Mind you, you could cut almost through so all it would take is a few tips of a hammer to remove the piece. Little or no sparks gone into safe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

brokenarms wrote: »

Please dont grind it. What if its ammo .

A meme is born... and probably killed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

So many different topics in this thread, from DIY to relationships, conspiracy theories to ethics. It really is an ultimate AH thread!

Was out last night so had a lot to catch up on this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

3 dead people next to a smoldering safe would make an interesting twist..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭rpurfield

this really needs doing before 2pm because the op will probably want to watch the ireland game

• Advertisement

Where were you when....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement