Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working For Aldi

Options
  • 09-07-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,I'm new to this so please excuse me if you covered this before.I'm thinking of applying for a management job in Aldi.If theres anybody out there that works there or has worked there before i would love to hear from you.I did some old one's going back to 2006 i would like to hear more recent
    Thanks in advance:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whistler21

hi i had an interview for aldi 2day it lasted a half an hour, basic stuff nothing out of the ordinary( but i would advise that u do some research on wat the company is about) got a call 15 mins later sayin i got the job so happy out:D. anywho i was wondering if anybody knows wat benefits you get from working with this company? im starting as a store assistant. eg health benefits pensions overtime etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

whistler21 wrote: »
    hi i had an interview for aldi 2day it lasted a half an hour, basic stuff nothing out of the ordinary( but i would advise that u do some research on wat the company is about) got a call 15 mins later sayin i got the job so happy out:D. anywho i was wondering if anybody knows wat benefits you get from working with this company? im starting as a store assistant. eg health benefits pensions overtime etc

€11.35 per hour, 24 days holidays, health benefits and pensions would be fairly rare in retail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Stheno wrote: »
    €11.35 per hour, 24 days holidays, health benefits and pensions would be fairly rare in retail.
    thats pretty decent for retail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

triple-M wrote: »
    thats pretty decent for retail!

That's if you can stick it out!!! My local aldi are always looking for staff, there's no slacking, when stocking shelves you have x amount of time to clear the pallet everything is time, short in the till a big big no no.... You have to be on your game working there, but look the best of luck in the new job.

i heard its hard work but but i need the job there not easy come buy nowadays even tho im a qualified painter and decorator lol the work is just not there anymore, ill go in positive and give it my best thats all i can do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

i heard its hard work but but i need the job there not easy come buy nowadays even tho im a qualified painter and decorator lol the work is just not there anymore, ill go in positive and give it my best thats all i can do.

Good attitude, best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Keep yourself off till and try to get into a bigger store and you will get more hours. Dig into energy drinks to get your speed up. Things have massively improved but its still a lot tougher than a standard retail job.

well guys im 2 weeks in working with aldi 3 of us started theres 2 of us left its tough goin and fast paced but the time flies. there good to work for and easy to get along with i know its early days but so far so good, thanks for the comments guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Well done whistler21 hope you stick it out... Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone on here working for Aldi? I know where theres a job going but dunno will I apply :S I'd really love a job but, I know this sounds stupid, but everytime I go into Aldi theres no music or radio on. I feel like I might go mad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

well guys im 2 weeks in working with aldi 3 of us started theres 2 of us left its tough goin and fast paced but the time flies. there good to work for and easy to get along with i know its early days but so far so good, thanks for the comments guys
    Fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kel12

Hi, just wondering from ye that have had interviews with aldi for store assistant do they ask you maths questions during the interview? I have an interview coming up just looking for tips, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tgav32

I have an interview tomorrow for ALDI. Anybody have any tips or possible questions they asked at the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

tgav32 wrote: »
    I have an interview tomorrow for ALDI. Anybody have any tips or possible questions they asked at the interview?

Hi, wondering how ya got on? My sister going for one tomorrow only saw this thread now.. Any curve balls in the interview? Any info or advice I could pass onto her would be appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Does anyone know how long into the job you must be until you get paid holidays? Would 2 months in the job give me a two week paid holiday or even a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Does anyone know how long into the job you must be until you get paid holidays? Would 2 months in the job give me a two week paid holiday or even a week
    Ha ha good luck asking for that!

Its a day aand a half holiday per month worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

You can usually take holiday before its accrued. Speak to your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Do they send candidates for medicals before signing contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm just wondering how to apply for a job in Aldi. There's about 3 Aldi stores near me that I could work in. Should I physically hand in CVs to these stores or should I just apply on their website using the rather vague "apply online" section? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

You can apply online here

I would advise you to apply online and also to drop CV's into all 3 stores for the attention of the store manager. A friend of mine applied last year, after a few days he got a generic letter back from the online application advising of no positions and about 2 weeks after that he got a call from one of the stores that he dropped a CV into and eventually got the job. So my advice is to do both, it cant hurt.

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement

TheBoffin wrote: »
    You can apply online here

I would advise you to apply online and also to drop CV's into all 3 stores for the attention of the store manager. A friend of mine applied last year, after a few days he got a generic letter back from the online application advising of no positions and about 2 weeks after that he got a call from one of the stores that he dropped a CV into and eventually got the job. So my advice is to do both, it cant hurt.

Best of luck with it

Great, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Alias090

The online system is pretty good. They filter you out by location, so generally the stores close to your address will be the ones that get your contact details if they need to interview. At interview tell them of your experience in manual labour, how you love a hands on approach and working within a team. Tell them how efficient and accurate you can be with tills and ordering stock if need be.

Alias090 wrote: »
    The online system is pretty good. They filter you out by location, so generally the stores close to your address will be the ones that get your contact details if they need to interview. At interview tell them of your experience in manual labour, how you love a hands on approach and working within a team. Tell them how efficient and accurate you can be with tills and ordering stock if need be.

Thanks for that info :) Can I just ask a random question, I'm in college at the moment and would probably only be looking for weekend work up to summer (May) before I could work weekdays. I know you might not be able to answer this, but would Aldi be able to accommodate someone like me or would I need to be 100% flexible from the get go? My guess is that they would want someone for whenever they need them, but I just thought I'd ask.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info :) Can I just ask a random question, I'm in college at the moment and would probably only be looking for weekend work up to summer (May) before I could work weekdays. I know you might not be able to answer this, but would Aldi be able to accommodate someone like me or would I need to be 100% flexible from the get go? My guess is that they would want someone for whenever they need them, but I just thought I'd ask.

I haven't personally worked there- though I was successful at interview before choosing Lidl :p but if it's like Lidl ( which seemingly they are!) store managers need a mix of entirely flexible and 10 hour p/w contract staff, particularly for Friday and Saturdays- Sunday not so much as everyone wants to work Sunday for time and a half!

So there is a chance you if there are openings. Although, I'd say they would favour the entirely flexible people and stick them on a 10 hour contracts anyways and get them to be on call to cover at the last minute when need be etc!

Worth a shot though, good luck :)

I haven't personally worked there- though I was successful at interview before choosing Lidl :p but if it's like Lidl ( which seemingly they are!) store managers need a mix of entirely flexible and 10 hour p/w contract staff, particularly for Friday and Saturdays- Sunday not so much as everyone wants to work Sunday for time and a half!

So there is a chance you if there are openings. Although, I'd say they would favour the entirely flexible people and stick them on a 10 hour contracts anyways and get them to be on call to cover at the last minute when need be etc!

Worth a shot though, good luck :)

Ok thanks :) I'll apply online anyway and see how I get on. I'll also keep my eyes peeled on the Lidl website for vacancies. There's also about 3 Lidl stores I could work in so hopefully a vacancy will come up soon. Fingers crossed I get something :p

Ok thanks :) I'll apply online anyway and see how I get on. I'll also keep my eyes peeled on the Lidl website for vacancies. There's also about 3 Lidl stores I could work in so hopefully a vacancy will come up soon. Fingers crossed I get something :p

Fire in a prospective application to Lidl online. There was no vacancies available in my area when I applied but still got a call 2 weeks later :)

Fire in a prospective application to Lidl online. There was no vacancies available in my area when I applied but still got a call 2 weeks later :)

Didn't know there was an option for that? They seemed to have overhauled the careers site so I'm not sure if that's still there. It'd be great if it was, I'd certainly do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wexfordlad

Hi, sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I have an interview tomorrow morning for a store assistant job in Aldi. I was told on the phone it's a group interview, has anyone any experience of their interview process, what they'll expect us to do, questions we'll be asked etc? Cheers!

wexfordlad wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I have an interview tomorrow morning for a store assistant job in Aldi. I was told on the phone it's a group interview, has anyone any experience of their interview process, what they'll expect us to do, questions we'll be asked etc? Cheers!

Did you apply for this job using their online site? I applied on their online site a while back and haven't heard anything back so I presume I wasn't successful. I heard something about Aldi having a recruitment drive soon so I might apply again. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wexfordlad

Did you apply for this job using their online site? I applied on their online site a while back and haven't heard anything back so I presume I wasn't successful. I heard something about Aldi having a recruitment drive soon so I might apply again. Thanks!

Hey, yeah I applied through their site last weekend and got a phone call yesterday. Bit nervous regarding the group interview as I don't know what to expect.

Advertisement