Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working For Aldi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I too applied for Aldi two weeks ago online. Haven't heard a thing. Sucks :( But best of luck wexfordlad :)

Never knew they hold group interviews tho. Urgh hate them. But am wondering what exactly will be involved? Like, judging from experience I had to do group activities. Like be put in a group and given an example of how would you best deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wexfordlad

Cheers :) yeah I'm hoping somebody might have went through the interview process also and have some input.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Group interviews isnt the norm for aldi so i dont know if it will be..i worked there for three months last summer full time it was only meant to be short term until i found a job that suited my college education..you will have to do a test (maths but nothing serious)
    1. make sure you can do change at tills in your head as crazy as it is the machine doesnt tell you how much you have to give back to the customer.
    2.fruit and veg have codes you must know as they cannot be scanned. Some have the code on it which you type in
    3. Be quick! I cannot stress that enough they monitor till speeds,idle speeds, customers served per hour,items scanned per hour.
    4. The till must be within a euro up or down at the end of your shift.
    The test is done with the other interviewees then youll be interviewed individually..say you love a challenge,being kept busy etc
    to be honest its very hard work and really stands to you if you leave to get another job which i did and the job im in now is a piece of cake compared to it even though its considered a high end job. The money is good but youll earn every cent of it! Good luck

Group interviews isnt the norm for aldi so i dont know if it will be..i worked there for three months last summer full time it was only meant to be short term until i found a job that suited my college education..you will have to do a test (maths but nothing serious)
    1. make sure you can do change at tills in your head as crazy as it is the machine doesnt tell you how much you have to give back to the customer.
    2.fruit and veg have codes you must know as they cannot be scanned. Some have the code on it which you type in
    3. Be quick! I cannot stress that enough they monitor till speeds,idle speeds, customers served per hour,items scanned per hour.
    4. The till must be within a euro up or down at the end of your shift.
    The test is done with the other interviewees then youll be interviewed individually..say you love a challenge,being kept busy etc
    to be honest its very hard work and really stands to you if you leave to get another job which i did and the job im in now is a piece of cake compared to it even though its considered a high end job. The money is good but youll earn every cent of it! Good luck

Thanks for the reply! :) I've worked in a very busy service station the last two years and as you said speed is also a factor there, so I should be alright! Regarding the change etc I've gotten fairly used to doing that in my head myself even though the till tells me. I'll just go in and do my best! I'm guessing it might be the test that's as a group as you said then brought in individually.

Well I went for the interview today, there we're two tests at the start, maths and then numbers in sequence. With my nerves my mind went completely blank with the maths we had 5 minutes to complete, only managed to get about 10 of them done.

The second one wasn't so bad, but not feeling too positive about it. We then did a group exercise involving a hypothetical situation where we crashed in the Canadian wilderness and as a group had to rank items from 1-11 by their importance to our survival. They paid close attention to our groups while we did this for 30 minutes, was a good laugh actually.

The contract is for 25 hours but most people are working 30-40. They didn't sugar coat it, said the job is very hard and 4 out of 5 end up leaving. The wages are great but they said we'll earn every penny of it. I hope I haven't messed it up on account of how nervous I was with the test at the start, but afterward went up and thanked them and asked did the first test play a huge part in determining who gets an interview and he laughed and said no.

I explained my reasons above for not completing all the questions and that I was just looking for the opportunity to prove myself and looking for more of a challenge with a view to career progression, I told him I wasn't afraid of hard work and had laboured on building sites since I was 15 and well used to hard work. Fingers crossed talking to him paid off and I at least get an interview, otherwise back to the drawing board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement