Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Report Thread:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Another, but minor one I've noticed, when you are choosing the music, the skeleton tune will play indefinitely, whereas the other two will only play a couple of seconds before stopping. Not sure if that's intentional or not!

Another for ya!!!

My (modest!) highest score, achieved this evening, first didn't seem to update in the stats/leader tables, and upon exiting and re-entering the app, seemed to reset back to my prior highest score.
    Screen shots:
    21:59 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq5lm0x0ls8mfpt/Screenshot_2013-01-02-21-59-47.png
    22:11 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4tujpeircaxedm/Screenshot_2013-01-02-22-11-28.png

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

both of those show scores of 87110.... that correct?

I will look into the logs and see what was posted between those times. Can you tell me your phone make and model? Thanks!

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

sarumite wrote: »
    I have taht on the S2. I find if I always make a jump by moving my thumb to the center of the screen it doesn't happen. The time it takes to move could be crucial in the latter part of the game, though I am not that good enough to find out just yet.

We finally fixed this - sorted for next build - ETA this weekend

Another, but minor one I've noticed, when you are choosing the music, the skeleton tune will play indefinitely, whereas the other two will only play a couple of seconds before stopping. Not sure if that's intentional or not!

We spotted that just as UT3 went out - fixed now ty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

karlh wrote: »
    We finally fixed this - sorted for next build - ETA this weekend

Phew as I can only jump if in the right hand lane and that is not that often.

DeVore wrote: »
    both of those show scores of 87110.... that correct?

I will look into the logs and see what was posted between those times. Can you tell me your phone make and model? Thanks!

T.

That's right, they show that in the leader boards. But if you look at the "Your highest score" at the bottom of the first screenshot, you can see it was 127,750. In the second (later!) screenshot, it's back to 87,110.

It's a HTC One X.

Incidentally, mine seems to have stopped switching lanes when trying to jump.
    I don't know if the issue resolved itself, or if I was slightly miss-swiping in the first place!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok My HTC went to sh*t with the jump/tap misinterpretation "bug" too.. we found out why and I think we have really nailed that one for the final time (touches everything wood, including his bonce!).

UT4 drops right now so we will soon know :)

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm having a lot of difficulty swiping now which is how I used to drive. Seems to be really unresponsive and I can be stuck on the right hand side and not be able to move across unless I tap the screen instead of swiping.

Found UT3 to be a lot more responsive.

I'll check on the nexus now

Edit: Unfortunately I'm finding it the same on the nexus. For swiping anyway it seems really difficult. On the Nexus I found that I'd go all the way across more so then not moving. I was rarely able to swipe to the road next to me. It always jumped to the far road.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of difficulty swiping now which is how I used to drive. Seems to be really unresponsive and I can be stuck on the right hand side and not be able to move across unless I tap the screen instead of swiping.

Found UT3 to be a lot more responsive.

I'll check on the nexus now

Edit: Unfortunately I'm finding it the same on the nexus. For swiping anyway it seems really difficult. On the Nexus I found that I'd go all the way across more so then not moving. I was rarely able to swipe to the road next to me. It always jumped to the far road.

We've had to make a call on swipes v taps and swiping is now disabled except for long swipes to chane multiple lanes.

Best way to play is with both thumbs, just tap either side of car to change lane and upswipe to jump. It's much more responsive this way.

We'll be making this a lot clearer in the final game - we'll update the controls thread now :)

• Advertisement

Did the jump earlier this morning.
    At least I think I did - distance started counting up again - until I hit(?) the end of the track - was this the end or was I meant to do something here?

Also just one suggestion - maybe for a later release though, as well as the 3 music options to put in a fourth - no music as a choice, just leaving SFX.

Cheers guys - now to see if I can build my score with some chaining.

Taltos wrote: »
    Did the jump earlier this morning.
    At least I think I did - distance started counting up again - until I hit(?) the end of the track - was this the end or was I meant to do something here?

Congrats! Nope, you're good. That's just a placeholder ending until final game.
    Also just one suggestion - maybe for a later release though, as well as the 3 music options to put in a fourth - no music as a choice, just leaving SFX.

Just confirmed that this will be in final build, although if you're a complete perv like me you'll need music to complete some of the achivements... :pac:

Only seen the following so far

UT4 on Android Galaxy S3

1. After loadout bar none of the buttons worked, could not start a game. Quit, restarted and it was fine - cannot replicate yet.
    2. Not sure if a bug - but when the game is automatically applying your powerups - if you hit start before it completes you only have the powerups applied, not all.
    3. Movement, have only had one strange car movement, all the rest of the crashes have been down to me - but once and only once instead of a jump on the left hand lane it reacted like I did a swipe to the right.

Great job guys.

Only seen the following so far
    1. After loadout bar none of the buttons worked, could not start a game. Quit, restarted and it was fine - cannot replicate yet.

Very interesting this one, pls let use know if you can repro
    2. Not sure if a bug - but when the game is automatically applying your powerups - if you hit start before it completes you only have the powerups applied, not all.

known issue - fixed for next build
    3. Movement, have only had one strange car movement, all the rest of the crashes have been down to me - but once and only once instead of a jump on the left hand lane it reacted like I did a swipe to the right.

interesting - we've basically disabled single lane swiping but the min length of what's considered a long swipe isnt taking the pixel density of each device into account. This will be dynamic for release so should be sorted. Guessing a non straight up jump swipe is registered as a long sideways...

Thanks a lot for the feedback, v helpful. Thanks even more for the kind words - need them to get us over the line :)

Been testing loads recently, just two things to report:

1. A few times now I've been in the left lane, approaching a speed boost, and the car moved a lane to the right without any input. It's sporadic though.

2. The score not updating has happened again.
    http://db.tt/1Mw69Jr8
    http://db.tt/guali7Lk
    http://db.tt/sAqqHCGR
    You can see my most recent (and highest) score hasn't updated with the servers for some reason.

Been testing loads recently, just two things to report:

1. A few times now I've been in the left lane, approaching a speed boost, and the car moved a lane to the right without any input. It's sporadic though.

2. The score not updating has happened again.
    http://db.tt/1Mw69Jr8
    http://db.tt/guali7Lk
    http://db.tt/sAqqHCGR
    You can see my most recent (and highest) score hasn't updated with the servers for some reason.

Thanks Damo!

With the score bug, can you see if it updates when you exit and restart app?

Thanks Damo!

With the score bug, can you see if it updates when you exit and restart app?

It has indeed updated!
    I know that when it happened before (I can't remember offhand which UT version that was on? Possibly UT3?) that when I exited the app and went back in that my score went back to the lower one that was shown in the tables.

It has indeed updated!
    I know that when it happened before (I can't remember offhand which UT version that was on? Possibly UT3?) that when I exited the app and went back in that my score went back to the lower one that was shown in the tables.

super thanks - we'll tidy that up

Same thing happened again yesterday, but rather than fixing itself like last time, it's reverted back to my older high score again, even in the local records.:

http://db.tt/Ursv9IUZ

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RB94

Just started playing the game at the weekend using a Sony Xperia Ray.

1. I've had the lane change thing happen a few times. In my experiences, I've been in the leftmost lane and just before the speedpad it moves me one to the right.

2. The first time I made the jump the stats page showed that I had escaped 1 time but my high score didn't change. (It was definitely beaten). It also didn't show up in the World Leaderboard and exiting/restarting didn't work. Luckily I have since beaten that score but thought I'd mention it anyway! :)

3. After playing for a while, the track would just disappear in some games, as if I was still alive but I couldn't actually see it on my screen. It appeared to be more frequent the longer I played so maybe it has something to do with my phone heating up? It hasn't happened today since I've been playing sporadically.

Great game, by the way! There's a great sense of accomplishment when you escape a tricky section with some quick maneuvering and both combos intact. Let's not talk about the frustration accompanied with a last minute death...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Came across a small bug. During a game I have 3 power ups selected. If I pause the game and select 'new game' it again automatically selects the same 3 power ups as before and takes the coins. Only thing is when playing they aren't actually available. One automatic power up and two manual. None of them work. I can see the two manual power ups but they are greyed out as if already used.

Fixed it by restarting the game by the pause menu. And when it automatically reselects the 3 power ups I deselected them and reselected them again and they work in game. Happened on both the iPhone 5 and iPad (3rd Gen).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Are all fixed in 1.05

CombatCow wrote: »

Are all fixed in 1.05

Really appreciate it, thanks!

Yeah, there weren't fixed by accident! I just copied and pasted your test reports into our bug system directly! You sure know your stuff on testing CC :)
    Thanks for spotting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah, there weren't fixed by accident! I just copied and pasted your test reports into our bug system directly! You sure know your stuff on testing CC :)
    Thanks for spotting them.

Cool, anything I can do to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevie_Wonder

I had an issue where I fell through a hole in the track, I had a resurrect but when I came back it just showed a top down view of the car and track, and then it froze. Sorry I don't have any screenshots or anything.

I had an issue where I fell through a hole in the track, I had a resurrect but when I came back it just showed a top down view of the car and track, and then it froze. Sorry I don't have any screenshots or anything.

Hey - sounds like a prev bug we fixed. Can you remember if it was at a triple speed pad/ramp place - then went into slowmo?

Any detail much appreciated - if you went into slomo mode, what happened when you came back to life etc.

Upgraded yesterday to an Android 4.2.1 ROM, and I can start into the game and play a little bit, but it then freezes, and the phone resets.

Not sure if it's an issue with the ROM (Ice Cold Jelly 2.0) or with the game running on 4.2.1, but thought I'd mention it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevie_Wonder

Hey - sounds like a prev bug we fixed. Can you remember if it was at a triple speed pad/ramp place - then went into slowmo?

Any detail much appreciated - if you went into slomo mode, what happened when you came back to life etc.

Yeah, was at a triple speed pad/ramp place. I didn't have enough speed and the car travelled on a good bit after the gap, even though I could only see the road. When I came back the game state froze, although I was able to access the pause menu and I quit.

• Advertisement

Upgraded yesterday to an Android 4.2.1 ROM, and I can start into the game and play a little bit, but it then freezes, and the phone resets.

Not sure if it's an issue with the ROM (Ice Cold Jelly 2.0) or with the game running on 4.2.1, but thought I'd mention it here!

Thanks Damo - what device?

Advertisement