Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

For me the mid term is going to give me some time to play games

Have

Assassin's Creed 3 to get back into over 50% done so far i just hate the game but i need get it off my backlog

Need For Speed Must Wonted will we here this weak for the Vita picked it up for 22 euros there off play cant wait to get playing some racing games on the move again

Sleeping Dogs Thanks to PSN+ it will get done soon

Devil May Cry HD as well about 35% into Number 1 but i forgot how hard the game is and how much games have dubbed down since then

Maybe add in what ever is free on PSN+ this mouth as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

An easy choice - AC Brotherhood. It is in my opinion the best of the AC games and one of the best, if not the very best game of this generation. The main character and setting are both excellent. Plus the introduction of your assassin followers adds lots of depth to the game.

I'll do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

For me the mid term is going to give me some time to play games

Have

Assassin's Creed 3 to get back into over 50% done so far i just hate the game but i need get it off my backlog

Need For Speed Must Wonted will we here this weak for the Vita picked it up for 22 euros there off play cant wait to get playing some racing games on the move again

Sleeping Dogs Thanks to PSN+ it will get done soon

Devil May Cry HD as well about 35% into Number 1 but i forgot how hard the game is and how much games have dubbed down since then

Maybe add in what ever is free on PSN+ this mouth as well

Chuck the rest of your games out. You won't be needing them any more, all you'll need is Devil May Cry 3. I got my hands on Devil May Cry HD Collection a few months back and fell in love with it all over again. Amazing games (Devil 2 excluded)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've already kicked off an initiative to clear out my backlog. I've got 3 games on the go at the moment.

Rage - I'm going through a constant shift of Love it and Hate it with this game. I love the actual game parts but not so mad about all the helping people around the town stuff and open world attempt. It's bogging down and bloating the game in my mind

The Darkness - I got this for 6 euro and had always meant to pick it up. Mainly got it as backstory for a playthrough of Darkness 2. It's a good game if a bit finicky in it's shooting. Liking the story though. Another Open World attempt that doesn't need it.

Fear 3 - Playing this Co-op with a friend and have to say I 'm really enjoying it.

I want to get these 3 games finished and passed on before thinking of any new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Good idea for a thread.

Farcry 3 story & Hitman Absolution for me hopefully. I've scratched the surface of both, but would like to close out the stories. Really enjoyed both, but progress stalled for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm on Episode 2 of Walking Dead so hope to finish it soon, then move on to something else this month. And just went and added Heavy Rain to my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

magika... though when played with friends it can be explosive...
    dungeon defenders - still havent finished the crystal shards, will ave to give that some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I plan on completing Dark Souls hopefully this month. Putting in alot of my game time to it and I'm not even sure how much I have left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

currently playing Hitman

In the backlog is

Batman AC
    Amnesia (never finished)
    C&C red alert 3
    Empire Total War
    Tropico 4
    The Rainslick series (Penny arcade)
    Limbo
    And Dishonored.

I cannot buy another game until ALL of them are competed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is awkward for me because I've only got access to my Xbox 2 nights a week...

But, I'm going to try and finish Hitman: Absolution, I got it before Christmas, and still haven't played it.

Other than that, I'm also going to try and finish Red Faction: Armageddon, which I started in December, loved, but just kinda stopped playing.

Great thread idea btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I'm currently going through my PS3 backlog.

Decided last month to pick two games and play between them till completion then move on. I'm trying to pick two differnt genres to mix things up once I get tired/stuck in one.

Last month (completed)
    God of War trilogy.
    The Walking Dead.
    Far Cry 3.

This month:
    Red Dead Redemption. Started it last month but its a fairly long game but I'm making good progress so I am hoping to get it completed early this month.
    Catherine. Have gotten far into it but the current levels boss "puzzle" is providing a real stumbling block :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think I'm <5hrs from finishing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I'll tackle Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD next.

deathrider wrote: »

Chuck the rest of your games out. You won't be needing them any more, all you'll need is Devil May Cry 3. I got my hands on Devil May Cry HD Collection a few months back and fell in love with it all over again. Amazing games (Devil 2 excluded)
    So how many times did Cerberus kill you, first time around? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think I'm <5hrs from finishing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I'll tackle Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD next.

So your at the very beginning of Deus Ex:HR? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

So how many times did Cerberus kill you, first time around? :D

A whole lot more than I'd like to admit, lol.

Grimebox wrote: »

So your at the very beginning of Deus Ex:HR? :P
    I'm almost certain I've played more than 25hrs on this play through so I fail to see the joke... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Half-Life 2. Have a Steam save about 11 hours into it but never went any further. Got a new iMac so it'll be perfect to give it a first run out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm almost certain I've played more than 25hrs on this play through so I fail to see the joke... :confused:

I think I'm misremembering the game then. I flew through it in a weekend and found it to be the perfect length to suit my taste, somewhat short and sweet. I seem to remember people complaining about the length? Maybe I'm wrong and getting mixed up with another game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

So most if not all of us have a backlog of games. Why not try and get through a few of them. This month pick a game and beat it. Tell us what game you've chosen and a reason if you like. Then report back with any progress.

I've already chosen to beat inFAMOUS 2 in February.

To make it even more interesting you could post a list (or link) to the games in your backlog and have another member of boards choose your game for you. But they could be mean and choose a 100+ hour game :D

So come on, join me and tick some of those games off of your list.

Lols....I jsut started inFamous 2 for the same reason. It was in my backlog and there isn't much out lately that floats my boat. It was either inFamous 2 or Deus X:HR. I played about an hour of both and decided to do inFamous as I loved the original game. I am not sure this game is grabbing me in the same as the original although I plan on sticking with it. I am currently playing as good, though I would like to replay as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i beat xenoblade chronicles few days ago. great game , took me near 2 years to beat though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Playing through Links Awakening on the 3DS at the minute. Never finished it and I'm really enjoying it.

Next up is Ocarina of Time 3D. Have finished it many times before but looking forward to playing it again. On a bit of a Zelda buzz at the minute:)

After that I've about 100 games on Steam - 75% I don't think I've even played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So many games to finish... But can't stop playing Planetside 2... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Right, so after a bit of a kip, I decided I would get cracking.

Format: Xbox
    Game: SonicCD

I got this ages ago, I never did get a MegaCD. Boshed it on, played a few minutes and didnt look at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Nearly finished Dark Souls... Bayonetta next. Want me some more demons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm 35 hours into Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS and really enjoying it. Alongside that I'm playing Mighty Switch Force HD on the Wii U and Vessel on Steam. I expect to finish them all before the end of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Earthbound for me. My December/January game was Phantasy Star IV. Finished that up and moved onto this last weekend. Utterly amazing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Dead Space 1 for me , had got up to chapter seven but got stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Dino Crisis was a childhood game I'd never finished, did it last night, another game added to my backloggery. Now to get the other 2 endings and beat Dino Crisis 2 on hard difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

dead island it looks like have like 15% complete. anybody have any idea how many hours average to finish the main quest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nolars wrote: »
    dead island it looks like have like 15% complete. anybody have any idea how many hours average to finish the main quest?

12 - 15 hours. Finished it there with friends. I was on the 12 hour area but that was due to freezing a lot

Advertisement