Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

R.F. wrote: »
    I have many in my backlog. Where should I start?

The oldest ones I have and are all untouched are

Resistance 2 and 3
    Oblivion
    The Witcher 2
    Rage

But I still have to finish off Assassins Creed 3, Ni No Kuni and Borderlands 2.

Why can’t I stop buying games?

Well I really enjoyed ACIII so I would suggest finishing that off. Of the other games listed I've only played the Resistance games. Of those the third is better than the second one.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

R.F. wrote:
    Resistance 2 and 3
    Oblivion
    The Witcher 2
    Rage

I liked Oblivion at the time, but at the mid way point the leveling system started to seriously detract from my enjoyment of the game. Enemies level up with you, there is no sense of progression or becoming more powerful, battles take the same length, doesn't matter where you go or who you fight. Story wise is generic and bland, but like Skyrim going off and exploring the world and finding side missions is still great fun.

The Witcher 2, is fantastic, good gameplay, great story, great graphics. Starts off quite hard but gets easy.

Rage is basically a corridor shooter, with open world travel between the corridors via armoured dune bugys. The driving is arcadey and uninteresting. Gunplay is good and the enemies are fun to fight. Looks great, particularly at a distance. Boring plot and an extremely abrupt ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »

PS3:

Dishonored
    Just Cause 2
    Quantum Conundrum
    GTA: The lost and Damned
    Army Of Two: The 40th day (I'll probably only play this in local co op)

Vita:

Wipeout 2048
    Unit 13
    Jet Set Radio
    Final Fantasy IX
    Knytt Underground
    Super Stardust Delta

Wii:

Zelda: OOT
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Metroid Prime Trilogy (Finished the first 2)
    MadWorld
    New Super Mario Bros (Same as Army of two)

Well that's Zelda: OoT and GTA: TLAD finished and I've added Dishonored and Wipeout 2048 due to PS+ and sales :P

Currently playing through Quantum Conundrum and I don't have a whole pile of interest in Just Cause 2 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone fancy recommending me a game or two (one portable, one ps3!)? The backlog includes:

Portable:
    Radiant Historia
    Pokemon Conquest
    Tales of the Abyss
    Any of the GBA Ambassador games
    Both Zelda DS games
    FF3
    Infinite Space
    Ghost Trick

PS3:
    Everything from PS+ over the past year (except Arkham City)
    Demons Souls
    Dark Souls
    EDF: Armageddon
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Binary Domain
    Rayman Origins
    Killzone 3
    Disgaea 4
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Resonance of Fate
    FF 13
    Tales of Graces

Looking for something that will grab me fairly easily, started and gave up on a lot of games already. Arkham City was the last game that really grabbed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Anyone fancy recommending me a game or two (one portable, one ps3!)? The backlog includes:

Portable:
    Radiant Historia
    Pokemon Conquest
    Tales of the Abyss
    Both Zelda DS games
    FF3
    Infinite Space
    Ghost Trick

PS3:
    Demons Souls
    Dark Souls
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Binary Domain
    Rayman Origins
    Killzone 3
    Disgaea 4
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Resonance of Fate
    FF 13
    Tales of Graces

Looking for something that will grab me fairly easily, started and gave up on a lot of games already. Arkham City was the last game that really grabbed me.

I'm going to ignore your criteria and recommend two console games :D

Demon Souls.
    Dark Souls.

Back to back. Even more so if your experiencing both for the first time. You can get through Demon souls in 40 hours and Dark Souls in about the same.
    Best games of the generation in mine and many people's opinion. Time spent playing Demon Souls will also prepare you for Dark Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ghost Trick for a handheld game, either Demon or Dark Souls then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My PS3 harddrive got corrupted :( Save file gone :( DAMMIT!!!! back to the start of Batman Arkham Asylum

Portable:
    Radiant Historia
    Pokemon Conquest
    Tales of the Abyss
    Both Zelda DS games
    FF3
    Infinite Space
    Ghost Trick

PS3:
    Demons Souls
    Dark Souls
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Binary Domain
    Rayman Origins
    Killzone 3
    Disgaea 4
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Resonance of Fate
    FF 13
    Tales of Graces

Play Yoshi's Island from the GBA Ambassador games selection. As for the console game I recommend Kingdoms of Amalur. I didn't know what to expect from it but ended up really enjoying it. You may want to just concentrate on the main story thought as that itself is long enough. Add in all the side missions (many of which are boring) and you're looking at 80-100 hours.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Finished The Walking Dead, Started Darksiders 1.

After this it'll be Sleeping Dogs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I finished MGS 3 (yes 3) last month, wow it's badly aged.

And finished MGS4 this month. I enjoyed this one, but I literally fell asleep during the ending.

• Advertisement

Praetorian wrote: »

Badly aged? Its the best MGS of the lot right now. Did you play the normal addition or Subsistence?

As I could not imagine how you think it's aged worse than MGS1 or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

MGS 2 & 3 have had a HD remake, which i have yet to complete, though ive beat them on the ps2.

Sleeping dogs is currently in my ps3. Its been great at keeping my GTA V cravings at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I finished Uru: The path of the Shell this month 8 and a half years after getting it. Gameplay mechanics and puzzles are decent but there is practically no context to any of it other than obscure journals scattered here and there that take ages to read and even longer to get to the point of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Praetorian wrote: »

What, what?! I'm not having this! Subsistence?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Done with Darksiders, seriously enjoyed it, loved the story and the combat, perfect homage to zelda with a little more grown up elements

VinLieger wrote: »
    Done with Darksiders, seriously enjoyed it, loved the story and the combat, perfect homage to zelda with a little more grown up elements

Just properly getting into it. First hour is about the worst introduction to a game I've seen. Headless chicken running around without a clue. Getting the hang of proceedings now and have to say it's pretty enjoyable.

Finished Quantum Conundrum earlier. I'll probably move on to Dishonored next.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just properly getting into it. First hour is about the worst introduction to a game I've seen. Headless chicken running around without a clue. Getting the hang of proceedings now and have to say it's pretty enjoyable.

Yeah was a bit disorientated as well, but its nothing to how poorly explained the start of darksiders 2 is which i started yesterday, 2 hours in and so far the plot has basically amounted to "go here do this and dont even think about asking why"

So the end of February is upon us. How did everyone do that said they would knock a game off their backlog list?

I finished up inFAMOUS 2, which I'm happy about. It was an excellent game and has me looking forward to the next game on the PS4. I also started Vanquish and I might just get that finished tonight.

Not sure what I'll play in March. I'm thinking of Dragons Dogma, Ratchet & Clank: All for One or God of War 1 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

End of Feb? Crap. Better get started on those 100+ games. Wonder if I'll get them finished by midnight.

Or I'll settle for just having finished Walking Dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've started 3 games in February (HALO 4, Path of Exile and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) and won't have finished any of them by the end of the month (today!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Finished The Walking Dead. Well worth it.

I have no intention of finishing Far Cry 3 unless someone can convince me otherwise? I just started the second island, does anything amazing happen after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Finally finished Grand Theft Auto 4, nearly 5 years after first buying it. Bit of a let down compared to past GTA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I had avoided the walking dead completely until it was finished, as I couldn't stomach waiting months between episodes. Decided to jump into it yesterday after learning all 5 were released. Really enjoying it and am up to ep 4 now. Deffo finish it tomorrow. I would recommend it to anyone.

I still have to finish far cry 3 though........

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Have Far Cry 3 to finish along with Eteronal Sonata! Also have Metal Gear Rising coming in the post tomorrow... there are just not enough hours in day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I've been clearing my backlog since just before Christmas. Have finished:

Portal
    Portal 2
    Monkey Island
    Monkey Island 2
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Lego LOTR (completed it straight away, wasn't really backlog)
    Civ V: Gods & Kings (played a full game)

Have sunk some time into TF2 and Planetside 2, which I hadn't really bothered with previously.

Bastion and Tropico 3 next on the list!
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Can add Bastion to the finished list now. Quite short, highly recommended though.

All I've finished since Bastion is Goblin Menace DLC (which I finished in one sitting straight after I bought it) and Dear Esther (bought and finished earlier today). Haven't played anything else due to going on a Civ V binge, it was sitting untouched in my Steam library for 6 months, but I've sunk in nearly 40 hours in the last month.

There's not really anything left in my PC library that I'm bothered about finishing, no point playing them if I don't enjoy them. I might pick up a few new PC games or dust off the PS3 and play LA Noire, GTA IV, Resistance 2+3, it's hard going back to the console after so long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I got through Super Princess PEach in little or no time. Pretty much spent the rest of the month replaying though old classics (Doom, Streets of Rage, Splatterhouse 2; stuff like that), so they don't really coulnt as beating a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I failed.

I started Infamous 2, got to about act36 and stopped playing it and started with GOW (its not officially in my backlog since I decided to replay it)...still haven't finished it yet ; 1 hour left if memory serves me right. I could have finished both but I have also been playing some quantum condundrum, which is really nice in short bursts, and have been doing some multiplayer stuff with friends.

For march I can finally close off infamous2 at least.

I suspect I will play play Dead space 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I too failed to finish my selected game, Transformers: War for Cybertron. Game kept freezing on me during big set piece moments (there are a lot).

Decided to buy and play Persona 4 instead, and from what I've played so far, its proven to be a very good move.

• Advertisement

20 hours into Darksiders but just couldn't find the time to get it finished before the deadline.

Decent game though. Certainly gets better the more you play it.

Advertisement