Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Going to finish Xenoblade this month. I'm 40 hours in, currently in
    Sword Valley.

Could anyone tell me roughly how far along I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

danthefan wrote: »
    Going to finish Xenoblade this month. I'm 40 hours in, currently in
    Sword Valley.

Could anyone tell me roughly how far along I am?

2/3rds, apparently.

http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=947

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Thanked the initial post for the great idea, then left it till now to post!

Going to try and tackle a game from the over 100 I've bought on steam and ignored...

So options:

Broken Sword II
    Bastion
    Secret of Monkey Island
    Stalker
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Go ahead and pick one for me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

Thanked the initial post for the great idea, then left it till now to post!

Going to try and tackle a game from the over 100 I've bought on steam and ignored...

So options:

Broken Sword II
    Bastion
    Secret of Monkey Island
    Stalker
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Go ahead and pick one for me...

oddworld then stalker
    oddworld is quite short i believe so should have it done ina few days if you have abit of spare time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've decided that when I'm not playing PS2, I'll be trying to complete Far Cry 2. Started it yesterday, it's reasonably fun, gonna stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

oddworld then stalker
    oddworld is quite short i believe so should have it done ina few days if you have abit of spare time

Yes sir! Thanks :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stranger's Wrath is amazing, one of the most creative and underappreciated action games I've played.

My time is currently consumed by Ni No Kuni and Virtue's Last Reward. I don't necessarily consider them backlogged as they're both pretty new. And they're pretty long and February is a short month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Sarky wrote: »
    I've decided that when I'm not playing PS2, I'll be trying to complete Far Cry 2. Started it yesterday, it's reasonably fun, gonna stick with it.

Lotta driving around in FC2. Use the buses if you can. Been a while since I finished it. I thought it was fun. I'd probably have had a look at FC3 but my backlog is too big at the moment. Sleeping dogs is annother I see getting a lot of attention..........can't add annother to my list though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It has been four days now since I started inFAMOUS 2 and I've only had time to play it for 1 hour. I'd like to get a chunk of time to get stuck into it. It has been so long since I finished the first game I've forgotten almost all of the powers that you have. I'd even forgotten if I had played the first game as good or evil. I only found out by looking at my Trophy list for the game.

But what little I have played so far of inFAMOUS 2 I am enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I've started Bastion this month, after having started it previously and losing the save file. I'll aim to complete that and Spec Ops: The Line this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fired up Dead space 2. I abandoned it 5 hours in. I am playing on survival and the part i got to was very damn scary and creepy
    Back to the old good Ishimura, fecking fantastic how they managed to put it in to dead space 2, but it is damn scary place!

I have to say i really love it. Yes it is more action packed then dead space 1 and a lot more linier, but it is still a Dead space game, which i cant say the same about new one :(.

Anyway, will deffo come back to it tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I've put around 6 hours into Far Cry 3 in the last two days. I just want it to end at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I played about 2 hours of Xcom last night, addictive stuff! I think I'm finally getting some good tactics together.

Tonight I'm going to give Deus Ex: Human Revolution a blast again, although I might have to spend some "quality time" with herself as I'm fecking off to Dublin tomorrow for the rugby match on Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I've decided on Bayonetta being my February game. Forgot I even bought it to be honest.
    Turned it on an hour ago and it is some trippy ****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Think I'll fire up Dead Space 1, got pretty far but never finished it. Think a fresh start will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finished up Binary Domain,actually a very good game. Shame it didnt get more praise. Also just polished off DmC, fun game but not quite up there with the like of Bayonetta for combat fluidity.

As for more games to finish, my unfinished ones on consoles are RPGs (Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate, Fable 3) but got Ni No Kuni last week so thats got that itch scratched. May browse my Steam games, must be something intresting in there I half-assed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So just finished the first of my backlog. Bayonetta. What a weird game. Good hack and slash fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Managed to put a few hours into inFAMOUS 2 between last night and this morning. I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through. One thing the game does is throw lots of boss fights at you, which isn't something I'm particularly fond of. Although one of the bosses I fought this morning was pretty impressive in it's scale, taking up almost the whole screen as it makes its way through the city. Certainly one of the better bosses I've seen in recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Finished Bastion. Now to get cracking (again) at spec ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I set my mind to it and i just finished Bioshock 2. Kinda almost forced myself to play it even when i really wasn't in the mood. Half way through i just wanted it to end but begin to enjoy it towards the end.

Feels good man

Is there any way to hide games in your steam library? I wanna hide some games that i will never play again until my library is empty, in about 50 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I set my mind to it and i just finished Bioshock 2. Kinda almost forced myself to play it even when i really wasn't in the mood. Half way through i just wanted it to end but begin to enjoy it towards the end.

Feels good man

Is there any way to hide games in your steam library? I wanna hide some games that i will never play again until my library is empty, in about 50 years

Add them to their own category then press the minus symbol

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Going to finally finish Uncharted 3. I'm on chapter 11 of 22. And just downloaded Sleeping Dogs and plan to finish this too in February.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I beat Darksiders a few days ago, finally! Next on the list is probably Psychonauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Recent games i have beaten defense grid story mode and the walking dead i think next on the list is Dead island and left for dead 2 if anyone else also needs to beat these i wouldn't mind doing it co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Managed to put a few hours into inFAMOUS 2 between last night and this morning. I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through. One thing the game does is throw lots of boss fights at you, which isn't something I'm particularly fond of. Although one of the bosses I fought this morning was pretty impressive in it's scale, taking up almost the whole screen as it makes its way through the city. Certainly one of the better bosses I've seen in recent games.

I am playing it as well....I think I am 3/4 of the way through (assuming 40 chapters, I am chapter 35 however got a lot of side missions to finsih). Personally I don't mind the boss fights myself. I am enjoying the game, though I played through both good and bad campaigns in infamous I cannot see myself doing the same in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

marvsins wrote: »
    Going to finally finish Uncharted 3. I'm on chapter 11 of 22. And just downloaded Sleeping Dogs and plan to finish this too in February.

I just started playing Uncharted 3 yesterday. It's one I need to clear from my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Killzone 2 and 3 cheap on adverts so they're my new two. Killzone 2 looks and plays really well for something so old. There's a real weight to the movement and a punch to the weapons, but best of all is that it feels and plays nothing like CoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing Fallout 3 again. Wasn't a fan of it the first time around but this 2nd playthrough years later has me really gotten into it.

Leaving the main quest for the moment and firing through the DLCs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Some way through Transformers: Fall of Cybertron at the moment as one of my 'ones to beat' this month. Graphically its beautiful, one of the best looking games I've played this gen.

If someone wants to pick what's next on my backlog hitlist, I'd be very grateful.

Choices are as follows :s

darksiders
    infamous 2
    LBP 2
    Motorstorm apocalypse
    deus ex: hr
    dead space 1
    dead space 2
    crysis 2
    vanquish
    mass effect 1
    mass effect 3
    far cry 3
    batman arkham city
    hitman
    dishonoured
    spec ops the line
    binary domain
    resistance 2
    mirrors edge
    UC1
    Ni No Kuni* (to be added to the collection soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just after finishing Walking Dead. Now to decide what to play next. Maybe go back to Biohock

Advertisement