Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Play teams with a higher rank than you on Monday friendlies and that will bring you up over the auto line. Most teams play Mondays on WNWIM but you can hit them with a LTNT cause you dont have to worry bout energy with all the bots you have in your league.
    Yeah I have a match tonight alright. But I send out loads of requests for friendlies and rarely anyone accepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I have a match tonight alright. But I send out loads of requests for friendlies and rarely anyone accepts.

Their the most annoying mails to get in my opinion (This isnt aimed at you, infact I dont think I ever got one from ya :( )

Every time you sign in, and see the mail, by the time you have made it to the friendlies page the request is gone... I much prefer, even though I haven't used it in a while, the friendlies thread on here. Most times someone will accept and you have your friendly without even looking too hard, or sending out countless requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Try finding a few teams around your level who you have a bit of banter with. Sure you'll find a few here. People are more likely to accept a friendly if they know you, and you can have semi-regular friendlies with a few teams.

It also helps you get to grips with your tactics if you keep playing the same teams, gives you a consistent base to work off.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

i can lose a few points - i'll be out of (or booted from) the M&S soon so keep an eye out for when i'm free. i'll PM ya when we get one arranged so you should have no bother getting a 30+ win on wnwim knowing the defence etc i'll be using - my club is Rahoon Wild

cclampett wrote: »
    i can lose a few points - i'll be out of (or booted from) the M&S soon so keep an eye out for when i'm free. i'll PM ya when we get one arranged so you should have no bother getting a 30+ win on wnwim knowing the defence etc i'll be using - my club is Rahoon Wild
    Legend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

well my ranking is still sitting a tad too high after having the club in canada so im better off financially with fan mood to lose a couple of ranking points till i'm down with the other div4 teams - just dont lose a fixed game like IrishDave did to me a few seasons ago, the b@s*@pd stuck me with more points and threw his chances of promotion all in one go :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Say whaaaat? Better for your team and your enjoyment to spend a season battling than sitting in a league you know you can win without trying. Especially if you think you can stay up.
    Always go for promotion. Even if you get thrashed in the higher division, you'll make more money and gain more experience than if you had stayed put.

Currently in my second full season, but I asked the same question and got the same answers around this time last season, and it's true.

My current team would trash my end of season team from last season, even though I've mostly the same players, but being in the higher division has given much greater insight into player and squad management, tactics and has helped me identify the areas that were enough to get by last season, but are gaping weaknesses this season, which I've patched up somewhat. (at least to a higher standard, but I'm still a million miles off where I want to be in most areas, but at least now I have the framework of players to work with and some stop gaps until I can focus more on getting the right players into the squad)

I'm in a relegation battle, but it's way more fun and your team and even yourself as a manager makes immeasuarbly more progress as a result.

If I have to, I'd do another season in Div IV, but would be chomping at the bit for promotion. The easy life against bots and the prize money is tempting, but you're excluded from the whole fun of the game, which you don't realise until you compete in a fully human league, which is way more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

just updating how lvl5s vs lvl4s are going so far, this is what there were pulled with msake 26237 pearce 17885 affiliate on lvl4s mangwende 34687 and harcourt my irish hooker trainee 35697

name, csr, csr gain training, csr gain altogether
    bud pearse, 22059, 970, 1199
    eddard stark, 84966, 2216, 2537
    danisele msala, 29642, 966, 1148
    lvl5s
    here the lvl4s
    joseph gwelo, 87693, 1739, 2113
    adam harcourt, 41697, 1355, 1587
    m.mangwende, 37634, 1130, 1424

that was the last time i posted in here which was a month ago
    this week s17rd10
    bud pearse 22059 -> 28874 = 6815 training this week 1241
    eddard stark 84996 -> 97193 = 12197 training this week 2451
    danisele msaka 29642 -> 36045 = 6403 training this week 1159
    in my affiliate on lvl4
    adam harcourt 35697 -> 49582 = 13885 training this week 1519
    Munotidaishe Mangwende 34687 -> 44344 = 9657 training this week 1295
    joseph gwelo 33429 -> 94294 = 60865 training this week 1812
    so as you can see the gap from gains from training has closed pretty fast and at higher levels the gap is fairly big (tho that may be due to what im training)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

hey guys im just wondering how does the training section of the game work. i saw the message above and im wondering how do i train a player to improve like that.

How much is premium for the year? Any packages? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

How much is premium for the year? Any packages? :)

hope this link works dagg
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/me.account.php#page=store&rate=EUR if not go to account and store
    hey guys im just wondering how does the training section of the game work. i saw the message above and im wondering how do i train a player to improve like that.
    well it takes a bit of time and money to get to lvl4s and 5s and some people may never make the jump to lvl5s. it costs a lot.
    any questions feel free to ask here im not 100% sure what you want to know

martyfurey wrote: »

Go into Facilities, buy training level. Hire a head coach and whatever trainers you require.
    Don't hire a trainer or coach that's better than your facilities. Lvl 5 trainer will only get lvl 1 results out of a lvl 1 training ground.
    Pick team training with the coaches, and individual with your trainers.

Why are my props jumping in the lineout?

And my hooker is terrible at throwing even though he has great technique and handling skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Are you sure they aren't short throws to the front? Is it on your own throw?

Your hooker's throwing will also depend on his form and experience level

Zagato wrote: »
    Are you sure they aren't short throws to the front? Is it on your own throw?

Your hooker's throwing will also depend on his form and experience level

Yeah it's on my throw. My 129kg prop won a few lineouts. Weird.

My lineouts were better when I had the default team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Are all your forwards getting ticks (i.e. that they're playing in the right position)?

Zagato wrote: »
    Are all your forwards getting ticks (i.e. that they're playing in the right position)?

Yep. 2nd rows have good jumping and handling.

It is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Some throws do go to your props no matter how good your other players are. Just another part of the game. And if it makes you feel any better my hooker with monumental handling and technique quite often gives crooked throws or over throws it. All part of the joy!

Some throws do go to your props no matter how good your other players are. Just another part of the game. And if it makes you feel any better my hooker with monumental handling and technique quite often gives crooked throws or over throws it. All part of the joy!
    Surely a prop of 129kg shouldn't get lifted though? :pac:

No but the ball can come to him at the front or thrown poorly. Was it your loose head or tight head?

• Advertisement

No but the ball can come to him at the front or thrown poorly. Was it your loose head or tight head?

Tighthead. He was lifted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Why not? I used to have a lock that was 130kg. Even fatties need a little lift now and again!

Tighthead. He was lifted!

Don't suppose you copy&pasted the commentary by any chance? Seems an odd turn of events.

Don't suppose you copy&pasted the commentary by any chance? Seems an odd turn of events.

Afraid not. Happened once only. But my lineout is terrible. I'll readdress it for next season ;)

Also one question, how do you budget for wages?

If you had a level 3 scout and a level 3 academy and a level 3 youth coach and you scouted a player for, lets say 30 stars, and you left him in the academy until he was 19 (or whatever the longest amount of time you can is), generally speaking, roughly what kind of CSR could you expect him to have once promoted?

Alternatively, if you have a level 3 scout, but NO academy or coach, and you scouted a player also for 30 stars and promoted him on his 17th birthday, what CSR could you roughly and generally speaking, expect him to have?

And if you got up to level 4 coaching and training facilities for your senior squad, do you reckon you'd be better off promoting a player at 17 and working on him, or leaving him in a top class academy and wait until he's 19?

For U-20 international players, what generally happens also? (i.e. which of the above?)

Just curious as trying to plan ahead, if I ever get around to planning an academy / youth system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

[Jackass] wrote: »
    If you had a level 3 scout and a level 3 academy and a level 3 youth coach and you scouted a player for, lets say 30 stars, and you left him in the academy until he was 19 (or whatever the longest amount of time you can is), generally speaking, roughly what kind of CSR could you expect him to have once promoted?

Alternatively, if you have a level 3 scout, but NO academy or coach, and you scouted a player also for 30 stars and promoted him on his 17th birthday, what CSR could you roughly and generally speaking, expect him to have?

And if you got up to level 4 coaching and training facilities for your senior squad, do you reckon you'd be better off promoting a player at 17 and working on him, or leaving him in a top class academy and wait until he's 19?

For U-20 international players, what generally happens also? (i.e. which of the above?)

Just curious as trying to plan ahead, if I ever get around to planning an academy / youth system.

Best to take out and train as soon as they turn 17 if giving full ten sessions at level 4 or higher.

On a side note, they tweaked the training and it is a lot more beneficial to have players in until 19 now if not going to be training them as YA gives better results than team training I believe.

(I'm a little out of touch these days with the full YA etc, I Only train players at 10 sessions!)

Thanks for that. Interesting.

I think if I was going to go for it, it'd be nice to go all out! Try and get a player up to U20 level or so! :)

Do you know when the optimum time to scout players are each season or whatever to go for U20 status or world cup?

I'm not there yet, but would be interested in doing it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Interesting.

I think if I was going to go for it, it'd be nice to go all out! Try and get a player up to U20 level or so! :)

Do you know when the optimum time to scout players are each season or whatever to go for U20 status or world cup?

I'm not there yet, but would be interested in doing it in the future.

on the offsite they will start warning when is the best time to pull to ensure you have a replacement in perfect time for the U20 training program, it is usually end of week 1 and start week 2 to ensure the birthday falls within the correct season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    on the offsite they will start warning when is the best time to pull to ensure you have a replacement in perfect time for the U20 training program, it is usually end of week 1 and start week 2 to ensure the birthday falls within the correct season!

Ah jackass, U20s and the YA. My two favourite topics on BR.

first the U20 "cycle":

Even Seasons. try and scout a strong player into your YA in the early weeks of these seasons.

Odd Seasons. Pull these promising talents as soon as they turn 17. Give 10 sessions at your highest level individual sessions if worth training for U20.

So for the next U20 cycle just about to start (for the Season 22 U20 WC), for a fully "Irish" player (i.e. not qualifying via residency):

Season 18: Scout Player into Academy
    Season 19: Pull player as soon as soon as he is ready and put on full sessions.
    Season 20: Training
    Season 21: If he is in and about, he will probably get called up to the squad at this stage (or at least be in the mix), but keep training
    Season 22: World Cup at the end of this season.
    Season 23: Player overage for U20.

realistically, more and more Irish players are getting 10 x L5s which makes it hard for newer managers to compete. However, early ground can be made at u20 by training non-irish players. (my first u20 was Chilean!) In general, U20s are a great "next" step for a manager to take. Taking part in conversations about training of U20s on the offsite adds a dimension as well as further developing an understanding of the game.

Re the academy, as Eof says, Team training at senior level is LESS effective than team training at Youth level. So if a player is not going to get 10 individual sessions, probably best to leave him in there. If a player comes out age 19, it seems to be that CSR can be ~60k CSR (if he wasn't tosh to begin with), for a newer team, this is a valuable squad player. (I'm basing this on L3 youth academy though)

Edit: I should have also said, it is never a bad idea to focus your attentions on producing good 17 y/o players at the start of odd seasons. Even if you don't want to train them, the market goes nuts for U20's eligible 17 y/o players with high-ish CSR in the early weeks of an odd season.

• Advertisement

Excellent information, thanks a million for that!

And does the level of your scout dictate the quality of player you can scout or just the amount of stars you accrue, but a 50 star player is a 50 star player regardless of your scouts level?

Advertisement