Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hey hey

cmc291294 wrote: »
    Geography HL:

Did the
    Landform have to be coastal one?

Geography HL:

yup i think so i did
    cave, arch, stack and stump

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TripShip

you don't really need spoilers on chemistry. your teacher should have told you about the layout or even if you look back on other papers you will see the trend.
    NO.1 is one of the titrations
    NO.2 is one of the organic experiments (ethanal, ethanoic acid, ethanol, etc)
    NO. 3 is the other experiments (anions, flame test etc.)
    N0. 4 is random definitons
    always a question on fuels and thermochem
    always a question on periodic table
    allways a question on equilibrium/rates
    always a question on water/pH/indicators/Acids and bases
    there is the 8 questions which if you know all that you will get 100%
    you see, there really is no need for spoilers.
    best of luck studying. i have to study chemistry all day tomorrow.

In fairness, you've pretty much mentioned the whole course there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

English DEB Paper 1:

Hey guys, quick question, if an essay you are given to do in Paper 1 of English is
    "a personal essay on times in your life when you had to remain positive" can you make something completely up, such as saying you got cancer (original - I know) or something?

(spoiler as this is coming up in DEB Eng P1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cmb94 wrote: »
    Seriously somebody is bound to have sat the higher deb business paper :( mines is tomorrow and know nothing :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82867687

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82877978

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Elceeney wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question, if an essay you are given to do in Paper 1 of English is
    "a personal essay on times in your life when you had to remain positive"
    can you make something completely up, such as saying you got cancer (original - I know) or something?

(spoiler as this is coming up in DEB Eng P1

Yes of course. They've no way of knowing whether you actually experienced something or not. You just have to write it in a personal style, as if you are experiencing the events and your reaction to them.
    Just don't 'wake up and realise it was all a dream...'.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

Sjeff wrote: »
    id appriciate help on paper one for irish. is it DEB?
    paper 2 is spailpin fanach and colscaragh and dis

Are you sure Deb paper 2 is
    spailpin fanach, colscaradh and dis
    ? How is two pros possible?? Can someone confirm whats on Deb paper 2????????

i have given quite a few hints i really need history DEB higher level hints please

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82882831

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

spurious wrote: »
    Yes of course. They've no way of knowing whether you actually experienced something or not. You just have to write it in a personal style, as if you are experiencing the events and your reaction to them.
    Just don't 'wake up and realise it was all a dream...'.:cool:

Thanks my friend! p.s great job on keeping this thread nice and tidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cmb94

spurious wrote: »

Yea do ya not think I already looked and got those wanted more info than that

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

cmb94 wrote: »
    Yea do ya not think I already looked and got those wanted more info than that

Well you should be grateful for getting any information. If people have information, they're posting it there is no need to be ungrateful, especially when spurious went and got those exact posts for you. The moderators have been expressing that people shouldn't be posting requests as it's clogging the thread so you're lucky to have got any reply from them.

P.S. Sorry to the moderators for posting something unrelated to any hints but this was bugging me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

Tricky enough
    with the accents, there is sections about the drinking culture of the youth in ireland and in that they tell you about a concert where there was drinking and thievery and he compares them to the french saying no young people got drunk while he was there and how he likes to drink orange juice instead-theres something about bogs (portach) and how they are depleting and necessary to release carbon and how we may need an alternative source and thats all i can remember now-we are actually getting to finish the test tomorrow because we didnt have time today so i can tell about the other Q's tomorrow. :cool:

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

AoifeAoife wrote: »
    Is
    Colscaradh/dis
    on any of the Irish papers?! Reply MUCH appreciated.

Irish HL:

As far as i know on Examcraft it is
    Oisin i dtir na nog and mo ghrasa then Caca milis and geibheann
    for Deb but if anyone can confirm it that would be handy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 candyshan

I did Maths DEB OL P1 today..
    Calculus, arithmatic, the whole Tn thing (i think there called sequences) derivative, Simultaneous equations with fractions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Headings have been added to each post to make it easier to search for spoilers. Please use the search function, there is a lot of information on the thread now which is easy to find.

This thread has already been cut from 630 posts to 265, which will also make it easier for you to search through it for spoilers. Posting requests makes things difficult for everyone so please refrain from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Toohey

HL DEBS BUSINESS
    ok short qs of what I can remember ... Intrapreneurship and its benefits indigenous firms and its benefits balance of trade and payments consideration to contract consent to contract know what interest groups are and examples

Abq on the marketing mix ... The four Ps etc

Long qs .. Btw these will all be mixed up as dont exactly know what qs they were on and what parts.

Sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 refund replacement repair business ethics common agricultural policy and common fisheries policy know unique selling point and target market full question on break even analysis including the margin of safety and the profit margin

Litrelly gone blank but that's what i can remember. I did not have enough time at all by the way so be prepared!

HL DEB GEOGRAPHY
    In physical section i did a formation of a feature due to erosion which for me is waterfall thats part b, part c is human interaction with the rock cycle and thats tara mines. In the regional section part b was impact of eu enlargement on ireland, part c was development/growth of a urban area in a sub continental region and i study sao paulo in brazil. Then the elective part b was what was the problems cause by urbanisation and part c was look at an os map and arial photo and say why the town developed! They were all the questions i answered but there was other stuff I can't remember.

what paper company ?

Barcode on top of paper and at the back 99% sure it was DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Toohey wrote: »
    HL DEBS BUSINESS
    ok short qs of what I can remember ... Intrapreneurship and its benefits indigenous firms and its benefits balance of trade and payments consideration to contract consent to contract know what interest groups are and examples

Abq on the marketing mix ... The four Ps etc

Long qs .. Btw these will all be mixed up as dont exactly know what qs they were on and what parts.

Sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 refund replacement repair business ethics common agricultural policy and common fisheries policy know unique selling point and target market full question on break even analysis including the margin of safety and the profit margin

Litrelly gone blank but that's what i can remember. I did not have enough time at all by the way so be prepared!

tumblr_mfcasvHkpo1rmiy8no3_250.gif
    Thank you!

Do you by any chance remember anything else fr the ABQ? :)

Business DEB HL:

Ehm just trying to think as much as I can !
    question on benefits of producing/selling abroad and the drawbacks... It's about emerald foods limited who produce yogurts in Ireland with locally sourced ingredients am basically there aim is to set up in Europe and china. Drawbacks are stuff like high start up costs include travel expenses and long term loans etc the benefits is long term profit wider market etc .. Obviously use 12-16 quotes which go for 40 marks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leaving cert is fun

<no requests>

LCVP Examcraft:

i had lcvp today (examcraft)
    the audio visual was about a food company and it asked you why the business was set up and the benefits of eating healthy for children.the case study questions were, why would someone want to move to carlingford and 3 factors that are important for success when setting up a day care centre.long questions were based on enterprise and the work expeirence diary the others i can remember

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

To search the thread, click the "Search this Thread" tab at the top of the page, and enter your search term. It is more useful to enter "Maths" (where you currently get 27 results) rather than "Maths HL DEB" (where you currently get 64 results) so just enter your subject. Because of the headings we've put on the posts, the first line of each of the search results should tell you if its HL/OL and DEB/Examcraft.
    how do you know if your Examcraft or DEBS?
    Sorry if im breaking the rules
    im just wondering ?

According to some posters: DEB papers will have a barcode on the top left of the front of the mock paper whereas EXAMCRAFT have it on the top right of the papers.
    I know I'm breaking the rules and I'm a first a last time poster, but does anyone know what is coming up on the OL maths paper 1? Searched through the thread and haven't found it. Stressing out, my exam is tomorrow

I've searched the thread and got these:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82952969
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82950135
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82947021
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82946681

Follow the instructions at the top of this post for future searches.
    Rebel7 wrote: »
    Thank u! Finally some info on Paper 1. Will u put up wat came up on paper 2 2moro! Thanks again!!

Please do not use textspeak.
    Orla95 wrote: »
    Anyone know what poems or storys are comming up in OL irish ?

Have you searched the thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82946256
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82888031
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82886272
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82860370
    Examcraft Maths HL Paper 2 anyone? Please ... and is the Deb Paper that has 9 question on paper 1? Thanks

Not many people seem to have done Paper 2 yet but hopefully those who have posted about Paper 1 will post back in a few days.

The only reference to the 8/9 questions paper is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82934309
    Has anyone done a chemistry deb paper? I know there's tips up but I need to know for certain

This has already been linked to you and if you do a search of the thread you will see it is the only mention so far of DEB chemistry. Another hint is here but the paper is not specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blue_bell123

Examcraft Higher level irish
    essay title= an maith ague an t-olc sa coras oideacheas

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blue_bell123

Examcraft higher level biology
    The eye,growth regulator experiment, digestion, respiration,genetics,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wazzaroon

Maths OL Debs:
    callculus, f(x), simoultaneous equations,
    i will post whole exam if someone can tell me <snip> - No requests, post what you have and other people are more likely to follow suit.

wazzaroon wrote: »
    Maths OL Debs:
    callculus, f(x), simoultaneous equations,
    i will post whole exam if someone can tell me <snip> - No requests, post what you have and other people are more likely to follow suit.

Construction DEB:

I have the whole construction paper i done it this morning if you want to send me the maths paper !

The drawing Q1 is on
    a fireplace

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

Maths Examcraft HL Paper 1:
    Simultaneous Equations: the three line one, and other sub-in 2 line ones
    Solving for inequalities
    De moivre's theorm
    Newton Rasphon
    Complex Numbers
    Arithmatic/geometric Series Proof(?)
    Clculating rdius of earth, gravity n other random stuff
    financial Maths: Taking a loan, Saving, Withdrawing money, prove the sum of geo equations
    Differentaition
    Integration
    Integration + find area under curve
    :)

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

I just did Irish paper 1 (OL) ExamCraft:
    Email: You are on Holiday with youth club write an email to your uncle or auntie telling him/her about the journey and how you spend your time during the journey

Story:
    You're parent are away on holiday you are alone in the house you called your friend Sean......

Blog/Account:
    A concert you like to go to
    A summer job you have
    (i think) Christmas in your house

GOODLUCK :)

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

Just completed English Examcraft Paper 1

I mean there isn't much you can get out of looking at spoilers of this paper other than essay titles and maybe comprehension question Bs, but then again those are the essence of the paper so don't look at these spoilers unless you feel like codding yourself out of 75% of the paper.

Major spoilers so to reiterate, unless you want to ruin the whole paper for yourself then don't look at these lol
    ~Comprehension 1 was titled "Modern Relics" and consists of a piece in which the author searches for objects that most represent Ireland for display in a museum. The Questions As were basic retrieval, choosing out of two objects that you feel deserve to be part of a display, and commenting on 3 features of the authors writing style. QB was writing a ltter to the author in response to the article, commenting on the points made and outlining your suggestions.

~Comprehension 2 was titled The Crystal Palace and was a piece describing the miraculous erection (ok yeah funny haha) of a palace in London. The question As were once again basic retrieval, commenting on 3 aspects of the writers style, and choosing 2 out of 3 images to accompany the text and why. QB was a speech on how to mark the 50th anniversary of the opening of your school

~Comprehension 3 was titled Howard's history lesson and was an extract from a novel featuring a history teacher and a bored class. The Question as were Impression on a character in the text, choosing between 2 book covers + why, and opinion on if the piece was a good example of narrative writing. QB was an article for your school website advising students on the importance of studying History.

The Essays has titles similar to these :
    -Article for a magazine on the role played by celebrity culture
    - personal essay on what you consider to be an ingenious solution to a challenge
    - short story on a secret
    - speech to a group embarking a challenge
    - article on keeping or breaking rules [serious or light hearted]
    - personal essay on objects you love/hate
    - story in which the central character is elderly.

Seriously though, looking at this would only cod yourself. Any exam is exponentially easier when you know the questions being asked. No point in wasting 15 euro on an exam only to cheat. You don't gain anything other than very temporary feelings of accomplishment accompanied by oodles of guilt and that feeling in your gut that you can't cheat for the actual exam and you're ****ed.

It isn't worth it.

That said, It's your own decision ^^ Enjoy the spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

Biology:

Ladyeire, Pretty sure that's the
    Effect of I.A.A on Plant Tissue Experiment. I.A.A is a Growth Regulator/Promoter. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

anybody able to confirm this?

I did DEB and had
    Caca Milis and Geibheann.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement