Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

I did the deb paper 2 exam (barcode in front + back)
    ceist 2 a was on Dis ("ta tu chun oibriu lasmuigh? cathain, munar mhiste dom a fhiarfrai?" arsa an fear cheil. tabhair cuntas ar na mothuchain a leirionn an bhean sa ghearrsceal seo.)

and part b was on an lasair choille ("go sasana" ceard sa diabhail a thabharfadh thus go sasana?" tabhair achoimre ar an drama seo."
    or caca milis (question was on "scriobh cuntas ar ar tharla sa scannan on am a thaining paul isteach sa traeun go dti an deireadh?"

ceist 3 spailpin fanach - (ii) was luaigh da iomha + dean cur sios i dfhocail fein.
    (iii) ar thaitin an dan seo leat?

(b) was colscaradh - (ii) was luaigh dha mhotuchan ata sa dan
    (iii) was an maith leat an dan seo?

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trevor94

English Paper 2 - Examcraft
    Unseen poem
    is called The Embrace by Mark Doty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarsarsarsar

lolno wrote: »
    for english paper 2 DEBS (I'm sure it was)
    the poets are Bishop(about her vivid imagery, peoples and places) plath, mahon and wordsworth if I can remember correctly
    macbeth question was about Lady Macbeth, asking if you thought she was a ruthless character, and the other was about kingship I'm sure.
    in the cultural context one of the questions was asking does the social interaction between men and women help us understand the cultural context. there was another I can only remember the questions I did, sorry.

Home Ec DEBS (I think)
    In sq, know your properties of thiamine, and something about food processor came up food processor,
    long questions - q2 is about oesteoporosis, definition, how to prevent it, and a meal for someone with it,
    another question was on marriage, definition, 2 cultural difference of marriage, and another part asking about what does the mediation service do for couples seeking separation/divorce
    i'll write down more if I can remember any.

<no requests>

Hey, any chance you remember the first long question
    (nutrient) was? was it lipids? and was elective 3 poverty , work and education? Also was microbiology a long question? or consumer studies a long question?
    sorry for all the questions im just so stressed haha thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

Dats the examcraft paper! I got confused

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

From what I can remember:
    Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    It gives you an LR Imperfect Competion curve and you have to label+describe it
    Long Questions:
    -Definition of Law of Demand+exceptions to the law
    -Exceptions to the Law of Marginal Utility
    -Draw an LR(I think) Monopoly curve and describe + there were questions on monopoly like I think how they arise etc.
    -What is the birth rate?
    -Questions on how Govt. will need to prepare infrastructure for the increasing population
    -Is the new property tax in July 2013 progressive or regressive?
    -You are one of the minister for finance's advisors, give one piece of income advice and one piece of expenditure advice on how to decrease the national debt

That's most of what I remember, but trust me, even if you only know what's there it's easily 60% if you do all the Q's I did.
    <snip>
    Good luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

English OL paper 1 (examcraft)

im not typing out the A questions because they are based on the text anyway, but here are a few things to get ye thinking :P

Question B's-
    1. Imagine you are asuccesful sports person. Write out the talk you would give to the pupils of your old school outlining the reasons for your success.

2. Write a report for your school website on an even in your school such as a play, musical, concert, debate or sporting event.

3. Write a letter to your local council or local politican about an issue that you feel strongly about.

Then the essay questions are....
    1. Write an article on your hopes for the future of the country

2. Write a short story where a photograph or photographs are important

3. Write a personal essay on things in your life you consider to be fair or unfair.

4. Write an article on the advances in science and technology and their impact on your life

5. Write a short story inspired by this statement " you can hear a pin drop"

6. Write a series of diary entries centred around an even you are invited to.

7. Write a speech to be delivered to your fellow classmates as you leave school.

if anyone would like anything got to do with the A parts be sure to let me know, I'm not sure how you could really benefit from knowing them though but all the same will give them to ye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kingslea22

Q1 Sole Trader - Goods in Transit/Restocking Charge/Mortgage Interest - Suspense/ personal drawings/depreciation-disposal vans/revaluation buildings.
    Q.2/3/4 I didnt do them but Creditors Control/and Tabular were there anyway!
    Q.5 Always intepretation of accounts - didnt do this Q either
    Q.6 Published - no dividends adjustment! Notes on 1. Tangible Assets and Stock 2. Operating Profit 3. Interst and 4. Tangible Fixed Assets. Theory - what to do with (cant remember what they're called?) liabilty which is probable to happen
    Q.7 Incomplete forwards - theres cash at the begining of the year, all adjustments were grand! theory on accounting concepts
    Q8. Identical question to 2006 - Marginal & Absorption - the theory was different though
    Q9. Simple Production Budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emerald Shilling

Maths Higher Level Paper 1
    Examcraft
    question on Logs
    Calculus questions:
    8 (a)Newton-Raphson Method
    (b)Differenciate sinx from 1st principals
    9: Integration

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

HL DEBS ENGLISH:
    UNSEEN POEM IS STARTING SCHOOL BY MARY O MALLEY

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Toohey

Business any one please by deb really need some advice:/

HL DEBS BUSINESS
    ok short qs of what I can remember ... Intrapreneurship and its benefits indigenous firms and its benefits balance of trade and payments consideration to contract consent to contract know what interest groups are and examples

Abq on the marketing mix ... The four Ps etc benefits an drawbacks of going abroad with the company

Long qs .. Btw these will all be mixed up as dont exactly know what qs they were on and what parts.

Sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 refund replacement repair business ethics common agricultural policy and common fisheries policy know unique selling point and target market full question on break even analysis including the margin of safety and the profit margin know your ratios it's a long question also

Litrelly gone blank but that's what i can remember. I did not have enough time at all in the exam by the way so be prepared and have your abq answers ready so you can concentrate on the long qs.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mockscraic

Home Ec DEB HL exam.
    Short questions (what I can remember):
    Three properties of Thiamine
    Biological functions of water
    Board Bia two roles
    Microorganisms involved in the production of cheese,milk,yoghurt
    Define clear soup and broth
    Label a diagram of meat (meat fibres, connecting tissue,fat molecules)
    Explain the function of a food processor
    The amino acid (the R is actually to the left so it's not the normal diagram)

LONG QUESTIONS.

Question One: Compare four cereals in regards to fibre,folate,calcium,carbohydrate,calories,protein

Lipids : structure, trans/cis fats and biological functions

Last part is the risk of saturated fat in the Irish diet. And what causes malnutrition in the Irish diet

Question 2: Osteoporosis. Definition, risk factors, symptons, steps to take to avoid it and a menu for a main meal for someone who has it.

Question 3: Marriage.
    Marriage definition, two cultural differences from around the world.
    Rules for being allowed to be married. (know six)
    Mediation service.

ELECTIVE
    One work. How work conditions effect attitudes. Changes in work conditions and work availability in Ireland.

Then the choice is between Voluntary work.How does voluntary work contribute to a community, profile a voluntary organisation and it's work.

And then Poverty: what contributes to it, how it is spread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DO NOT post images of exam papers. They will be deleted.

Please read the first post as well as the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Examcraft Spanish HL
    (Aural) It was really difficult. There's a televised concert to raise money for children in Mali who don't have food, water and shelter. It's on Friday at 9pm and held in Zaragoza.
    The King of Spain was born on 5/1/38 in Rome because the Royal Family left Spain during the Spanish Civil War. He won awards for his role of the transition of democracy in Spain and he likes skiing and the Olympic Games.
    45% of Spanish children between 6 and 9 are overweight. The parents need to educate them more about healthy eating and exercise. They need to stop eating excessive calories.
    Consumers in Spain are becoming more sensible and not wasting as much. 77% of Portugese don't eat out anymore and 61% of Greeks don't go on holidays anymore. Spain and Greece are saving money by reducing light and air conditioning expenses and Spanish people hate food being wasted and the lights being left on.
    Microsoft Office 365 has been out for a year and they're releasing a free version for students and teachers. It will benefit schools, universities and professional places. It will save money for students.
    Storms, heavy rain and strong winds near the Pyrnees (sp), clear skies and 33 degrees in Andalucía, chance of showers in Palma and overcast & moderate temperatures in the North West.
    Lifeguard who saved a swimmer's life. His bosses said he was at risk because of the job. He should've called the emergency services according to other sources. The swimmer was treated by the paramedics and taken to hospital.

That's all I could get. I won't give you what I guessed because it would just be speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryansarah

Blog ;
    ceolchoirm , a concertyou recently went to . A part time job , and Christmas time at home
    this is for paper 1 does anybody have anything for paper two??.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duffmangled

AoifeAoife wrote: »

I did DEB and had
    Caca Milis and Geibheann.

Irish DEB

Did
    lasair coille come up with caca?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Maths Paper 1, Higher Level, Examcraft:
    De Moivre's theorem for Z to the power of 3 = 1,
    Difrentiating quadratic under a root sign with respect to X,
    sinx difrentiation by first principles,
    Using the physics formula "g=(G)(M)/(d squared)" to find where there is no gravity between the moon and earth (Physics people will understand... I hope),
    Finance stuff,
    Simultaneous equation with 3 variables,
    Geometric patterns,
    Integration,
    induction,
    Newton Raphson rule,
    Logs- Not a huge amount

That's all I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

This English DEBs Paper 1 HL word for word. <snip>
    Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    4 write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in todays world
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

Section 1:
    A (i) Easy question but you need papers infront of you, its basically just a short wee question.
    (ii) Do you think the three visual images that accompany this text effectively capture the differnt aspects of Jim Stynes life.
    (iii) Identify and comment on at least 3 features of the writers style.
    B. Write the text of a talk you would give to a group of LC students in which you attempt to inspire them to make the most of their lives.

Section 2:
    A. (i) How is the life of a person with cystic fibrosis potrayed by Orla Tinsley in the above text? (might wanna google Cystic Fibrosis but its really not necessary)
    (ii) Based on your reading of the above text do you find Orla Tinsley to be an inspirationa person?
    (iii) What aspects of this text do you consider to be powerful and emotional? Refer to both content and style of text.
    B. Imagine you are a reporter for a local newspaper - write a proposal to your editor asking to interview Orla, explain why you want to and outline areas you hope to explore in the interview

Section 3:
    The A. part is literally IDENTICAL to section 1's A (which is really stupid if you ask me because that leaves you with little to no choice if you do part B of section 2 like I did.)

B. Two diary entries from Joseph O Connor's father, 1 when he was young, 1 when he was a parent. (You sorta need text infront of you for this).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

Irish DEB

Did
    lasair coille come up with caca?

Yes it did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

Denis322 wrote: »
    Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    Long Questions:
    -Draw an LR(I think) Monopoly curve and describe + there were questions on monopoly like I think how they arise etc.
    -What is the birth rate?
    -Questions on how Govt. will need to prepare infrastructure for the increasing population
    -You are one of the minister for finance's advisors, give one piece of income advice and one piece of expenditure advice on how to decrease the national debt

That's most of what I remember, but trust me, even if you only know what's there it's easily 60% if you do all the Q's I did.
    Any spoilers for Maths 2, History, Business or Ag Science? A HL Examcraft :)

Thats not examcraft i had economics examcraft yesterday and
    imperfect competition came up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

AoifeAoife wrote: »
    Or DEB!

Have you searched the thread? French has been mentioned quite a few times. Here is one post, please search for the rest yourself.
    wazzaroon wrote: »
    If anyone posts anything about engineering or construction il post as much as i know about all my exams! Please and thanks

Construction is mentioned here. Post away with what you have.
    Hey, any chance you remember the first long question
    (nutrient) was? was it lipids? and was elective 3 poverty , work and education? Also was microbiology a long question? or consumer studies a long question?
    sorry for all the questions im just so stressed haha thanks!
    yeah can u give me some spoilers on the home ec paper PULEASE

Have you searched the thread for other Home Ec spoilers? Its been mentioned a few times, for example here. If you do a search of the thread you will find more.

These have all been mentioned, please search the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

Chrismwadi wrote: »
    Examcraft Geography HL, History HL, Maths Paper 2 OL, Irish Paper 2 OL, Physics HL

Really need spoilers PLZ

Physics DEB:
    simple harmonic motion, optics, couples and forces, particle physics neutrino, cockroft and walton, pauli and quark composition, experiments; g by freefall, tuning fork and resonance tube, vapourisation of liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Have you searched the thread? French has been mentioned quite a few times. Here.....

Construction is mentioned here.....

Have you searched the thread for other Home Ec spoilers....

These have all....

Must say, you and spurious (And the rest of the mods of course) have a lot of patience to keep helping people that are too lazy to go through the posts and find what they want themselves or just search the thread. If it were me I'd just be deleting everything that wasn't exam material and banning people that kept coming in with repetitive comments... or just locking the whole thread because I'm a lazy bugger! Fair play to ye anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Toohey

This is the construction HL DEBS 10qs
    Q1 draw a fire place from the foundation up. Part b was was to indicate design that insures correct functioning of the fireplace.

Q2 incorparating solar panels and insulation in the household and there advantages

Q3 head and cilk of a window drawing

Q4 foundations

Q5 u value part b was the heat loads annually through an un insulated cavity wall. Part c importance of thermal mass

Q6 Low environmental house was part a selection of materials design for lifetime use and location of house was part b

Q7 drawing a foundation with floors

Q8 hot water system valves and advantages of a zone heating system

Q9 insulation and acoustic properties

Q10 passive solar house and mechanical heat recovery with ventilation system

<request snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaunaMoll

Romanesque question
    Art appreciation question is on a visit to a named exhibition

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Apologies to the mods but I've searched the entire thread and I was wondering if anyone has done a HL Biology paper with a question about
    Rhizopus

Trying to figure out what paper I have!

Must say, you and spurious (And the rest of the mods of course) have a lot of patience to keep helping people that are too lazy to go through the posts and find what they want themselves or just search the thread. If it were me I'd just be deleting everything that wasn't exam material and banning people that kept coming in with repetitive comments... or just locking the whole thread because I'm a lazy bugger! Fair play to ye anyway!

Haha thanks :D

Trust me there's also a lot of deleting going on as this thread should currently be 50 pages long!!

Can somebody please say what is on the DEB HL chemistry paper???? please please

This has been posted, if you search the thread you will find it. See the first post for instructions on searching the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

Orla95 wrote: »
    OL examcraft english paper 2 anyone? badly stuck!:(

Didn't sit that level myself but I remember my friend mentioning that one of the
    sonnets
    came up if that's of any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Examcraft English OL Paper 2

hey orla, I havent done the exam yet, im doing it tomorrow too (examcraft) but our teacher give us a big hint of these poems
    jungian cows and badger
    ....she was kind of going on about
    anseo
    but told me if I knew the first 2 I'd be doing well :P
    Also she mentioned for the comparitive text
    climax/resolution/tension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 cmb94

Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    Long Questions:
    -What is the birth rate?

Are u sure this examcraft?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement