Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Thanks Very much minnow 12:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

WasterEx wrote: »
    It's so that they know you weren't just sitting around, doing nothing.
    Um,this is the exact reason that I'm trying to go to Canada,cause I'm sitting around here doing nothing.
    I was in construction here and haven't worked in 5 years,the only thing is that the job I'm skilled in is in high demand in Canada so...what to do,should I come clean and say I haven't worked in 5 years or lie and fluff out my cv and hope I'm not busted?Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You don't have to tell lies, but you can bend the truth. In all honesty, do you think they will go and check it up? Everybody has grey areas on their CV

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

I couldn't say for sure, but as long as it matches the application form, and there aren't any unexplained gaps, it should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

seachto7 wrote: »
    You don't have to tell lies, but you can bend the truth. In all honesty, do you think they will go and check it up? Everybody has grey areas on their CV
    I suppose,it's just that it's a 5 year grey area I've to bend!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

cypressg wrote: »
    Um,this is the exact reason that I'm trying to go to Canada,cause I'm sitting around here doing nothing.
    I was in construction here and haven't worked in 5 years,the only thing is that the job I'm skilled in is in high demand in Canada so...what to do,should I come clean and say I haven't worked in 5 years or lie and fluff out my cv and hope I'm not busted?Anybody?

Well I'm gonna leave my CV as it is with the extra bit of information I've always used. Just thinking about it, those guys are far to busy to be checking out that type of stuff I'd say. Just make sure every detail on your CV matches the application forms when you're filling them in :)

I just have updated my cv some hardship going back to 07 on my phone to get the rite dates to put in:) i might of told a white lie or 2 but hey who hasnt;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I may go through my cv and see are there any gaps where I was doing nothing - like when I was studying culinary arts isn't down, cos obvs I never finished it, but I wasn't doing anything else at the time and therefore there'd be a gap :( I may think of how to phrase that one, left cos sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

People aren't going to be banned becuse they have unempoyed spots on CV. Majority of people going are doing so because of no work here. It's not the information they want just that the dates match up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Hey, does anyone know how recent your police certificate has to be? I heard it has to be within 12 months, does anyone have confirmation of this?

• Advertisement

Hey, does anyone know how recent your police certificate has to be? I heard it has to be within 12 months, does anyone have confirmation of this?
    Think it can't be more than 3 months old

Muffinman1 wrote: »

You guessing or do you know?

You are correct as it happens: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

You guessing or do you know?

No more than 3 months old.

It was same as last year and well as I said in another thread I have friend in Canada who is advising me.
    The police cert is to show that you have no criminal activities so window has to be short term.

Guys have a police cert dated 4th December should i go in an get another one or would this one do? like if it opened first of feb and i sent off all my details straight away would the cert do as it would still have 4 weeks left before the 3 months is up or does it have to be valid for the who process of the visa application?:)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Guys have a police cert dated 4th December should i go in an get another one or would this one do? like if it opened first of feb and i sent off all my details straight away would the cert do as it would still have 4 weeks left before the 3 months is up or does it have to be valid for the who process of the visa application?:)
    Yeah it'll be fine. It's just within 3 months of submitting application.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Yeah it'll be fine. It's just within 3 months of submitting application.

Does it not need yo be within.a year?

No the Garda Certificate has to be within 3 months issued of submitting application.

Eg. If it opens on Feb 1st, Any Garda Cert issued before the 1st of November is basically useless. (Providing you submit application on 1st of Feb.

No the Garda Certificate has to be within 3 months issued of submitting application.

Eg. If it opens on Feb 1st, Any Garda Cert issued before the 1st of November is basically useless. (Providing you submit application on 1st of Feb.

Where did you get this info mate. Pretty sure its one year

• Advertisement

It's on the Canadian Government website and it commonly know sure it a doceument that pretty much shows you aren't a criminal etc so year window is way too much and here is a link as was already posted

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

States clearly in "Who needs a police certificate?" in middle line:
    "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."

It's on the Canadian Government website and it commonly know sure it a doceument that pretty much shows you aren't a criminal etc so year window is way too much and here is a link as was already posted

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

States clearly in "Who needs a police certificate?" in middle line:
    "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."

That's the Canadian immigration website. On the IEC website it states the police certificate is valid one year from date of issue

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#PoliceCert

Tonto86 wrote: »

That's the Canadian immigration website. On the IEC website it states the police certificate is valid one year from date of issue

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#PoliceCert
    If you read it carefully that is only for someone who previously applied and didn't get visa. And it has to be issued and submitted last year within 12 month window which means probably only issued (date on cert) being Feb 2012. Most who applied last year got visa so not much in that boat. Also it even recommended getting new cert as it very possible you won't then meet criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

Hey everyone,

Applied for the Garda Police Clearance in my local Garda Station the other day, they said it should be back within one week. The question I have is my boyfriend has some driving offences(he made a stupid mistake when he was younger and was put off the road), just wondering does anyone know if this will jeprodise his application?

I rang Visa First the other day and they were taking applications already?? Also rang USIT and they said that they could not give any info on the IEC at the moment as it was not yet open, thought that was a bit dodgy of Visa First no? I know a lot of people are applying on their own but I just want the reassurance of someone else checking all of our forms in case we make a stupid mistake as we really only have one chance to get it right.

Hope it opens within the next two weeks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Visa first may be taking applications but that means SFA to be honest.
    They cannot guarantee you a visa at all so would swing clear of them if they do promise you a visa

Yeah thats what I was thinking myself, I know USIT can't offer it either, they just lodge paperwork on your behalf and take the fee, you get a refund if the visa application is too late etc.

They probably like the rest they'll take your details etc but only contact you when it open again. No company or 3rd party can get visa for you

If you read it carefully that is only for someone who previously applied and didn't get visa. And it has to be issued and submitted last year within 12 month window which means probably only issued (date on cert) being Feb 2012. Most who applied last year got visa so not much in that boat. Also it even recommended getting new cert as it very possible you won't then meet criteria

Buddy, it says.

"The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue"

Which means the police certificate is valid for 12 months. No where on the IEC website does it say a police cert is only valid for 3 months.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Buddy, it says.

"The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue"

Which means the police certificate is valid for 12 months. No where on the IEC website does it say a police cert is only valid for 3 months.

This is confusing. I want you to be right. Is there anyone I can check this with, is there a phone number I could ring to confirm?

• Advertisement

You should begin applying for your Police Certificate as soon as you have decided you wish to go on this programme. Please be aware that Police Certificates from your country of residence must have been issued within the last 3 months.
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa

There ya go :D

Advertisement