Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double
    Stoke 8/13
    Glentoran v Ballymena Over 2.5 goals 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Don't like that West Brom team. Stoke Sunderland double let's go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Shane St. wrote: »
    Don't like that West Brom team. Stoke Sunderland double let's go

On that double myself. Was going to add in Real and Inter but some of the talk in here has put me off Real, and Italian teams have let me down too often in the past so I'm sticking with the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Dimitri Payet (Lille) anytime @ 3.75

he scored in each of Lille's last 5 games and he's facing his former club

Anyone want to pm me a link for the stoke or sunderland game. The usual spots dont have the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I don`t know why, but i really fancy QPR tonight! A good cup run is what then need to help in the lge aswell. I think Harry will want to win this one bad!

Fair play man, hope you followed your gut and I didn't put you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where can I find odds on the winner of the Sudamericano U20?

I really fancy Chile to win it all. They have been the most impressive team to date

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

They are a great bunch indeed Headshot.
    4 wins in 4 now.
    Cant find final winner odds anywhere but i am not sure if i mind that.
    There is no knock out stage, next round is a group of 6 so 5 more matches to play.

And Brazil might well not even make it to the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

Chelsea have far from dominated at home in recent months (UK games - apart from against a very dire looking Villa)

0-1 to QPR
    0-2 to Swansea
    8-0 to Villa
    0-0 Fulham
    0-0 Man City
    1-1 Liverpool

So an 11/2 (Hills) draw COULD be on the cards and, if you feel brave, 14/1 (Hills) for a Southampton win

However, teams starting 1/4 this season in the Premier have ended up with 5 out of 6 home wins and just one away win but a small bet could be worth a risk

Under 2.5 in Rennes vs Montpellier @ 1.70

Semi-final of the League Cup. It should be a tight game given what's at stake here. The other semi final St Etienne vs Lille went to penalties (0-0 after 120 min, and Lille are usually a pretty overish team). Also, it's very cold in France at the moment and temperatures of -5°C are expected tonight in Rennes, so I doubt we're gonna see lots of goals.
    Rennes are slightly more motivated than Montpellier to get to the final cuz they're known as huge chokers (like Lille) and they are desperate to prove they can win when it matters...
    Both teams have ****ty strikers (Erding at Rennes and Charbonnier/Herrera at Montpellier), so they have to rely on their midfielders to score (Pitroipa/Alessandri at Rennes and the great Cabella at Montpellier)
    I've taken CS 2-1 for Rennes and Montpellier just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Have a double for this evening,

Gent over 0.5 @ 1.57
    West Ham over 0.5 @ 1.72
    Double @ 2.72

Anderlecht missing a lot of players through injury/suspensions/ACON/holidays so they could find it hard to get a result tonight, Gent double chance is nearly a better bet as it covers 0-0, but I'll probably take that in a small single for cover.

The United bet is straightforward, been the worst season in the pl for conceding goals, conceded 2 to West Ham last week, 1.72 is a good price for at least 1 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Chelsea have far from dominated at home in recent months (UK games - apart from against a very dire looking Villa)

0-1 to QPR
    0-2 to Swansea
    8-0 to Villa
    0-0 Fulham
    0-0 Man City
    1-1 Liverpool

So an 11/2 (Hills) draw COULD be on the cards and, if you feel brave, 14/1 (Hills) for a Southampton win

However, teams starting 1/4 this season in the Premier have ended up with 5 out of 6 home wins and just one away win but a small bet could be worth a risk

I don't think Southampton have it in them to keep Chelsea out tonight.

Chelsea are due another big win at home, and now he has dropped Torres for Ba i think they will be a far more effective unit.

Going on the last game away to Villa, they were opened up a lot in the second half by a really poor Villa side and if it wasn't for really poor finishing they would have conceeded, so I just dont see them standing up to Chelsea tonight.

I'll be putting Chelsea in (-1).

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

With Rooney and Nani coming back tonight and West Ham missing some key defenders is Man Utd (-1) worth a shout?

Even though Rooney does normally take a while to get back into his sride after an injury.

West Ham poor on their travels.

QPR double chance @ 1.75 looks a great bet for Saturday. Unbeaten in the last 4 games and they've played against much better teams than West Ham. Also they just signed Loïc Rémy so now they finally have a decent striker. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody any opinions at 7/2.

Over 2.5 Arsenal Game
    United -1
    Chelsea -1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody any opinions at 7/2.

Over 2.5 Arsenal Game
    United -1
    Chelsea -1

Just my opinion but I can't see overs coming in in the Arsenal game. Swansea can keep things tight when they want to and I can see this being a low scoring game. Just my opinion. I know both teams on there day can score goals though, I'll be staying away from this one. The other 2 bets look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Cup games allways have strange results..........so I wll try this overs/ unders treble tonight.
    Pacos ferrereira v Gill vicente under 3.5 goals @1.2
    Vitoria guimmareaes? v S.Braga over 1.5 goals @1.3
    Anderlect v gent under 4.5 goals @ 1.22
    = 1.9 for the treble.

Michu on bench sigh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The only bet that looked any value tonight imo :(

Michu out might change my bet to unders in the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement

MUFC - Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Buttner, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Hernandez, Rooney v #WHUFC like that team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Treble of anytime goalscorers tonight

Ba
    Giroud
    Rooney

Treble works out at just over 4/1. Was going to put in Walcott but after seeing the team it looks like he'll be playing wide with Giroud starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not so confident of West Ham scoring anymore........

Not so confident of West Ham scoring anymore........

with that midfield pairing id expect them to get at utd's defense

9/2 United -1 Chelsea -1 and Giroud anytime.

€5 on Anderson 14/1 for first goal.

Under 2.5 in Rennes vs Montpellier @ 1.70

Semi-final of the League Cup. It should be a tight game given what's at stake here. The other semi final St Etienne vs Lille went to penalties (0-0 after 120 min, and Lille are usually a pretty overish team). Also, it's very cold in France at the moment and temperatures of -5°C are expected tonight in Rennes, so I doubt we're gonna see lots of goals.
    Rennes are slightly more motivated than Montpellier to get to the final cuz they're known as huge chokers (like Lille) and they are desperate to prove they can win when it matters...
    Both teams have ****ty strikers (Erding at Rennes and Charbonnier/Herrera at Montpellier), so they have to rely on their midfielders to score (Pitroipa/Alessandri at Rennes and the great Cabella at Montpellier)
    I've taken CS 2-1 for Rennes and Montpellier just in case.

Boom! :D

Man United v West Ham
    With a vital trip to Tottenham up next for Utd I expect changes to be made. However the likes of Hernandez, Giggs, Scholes can still be called upon aswell as the now fit again Nani, Anderson and Rooney. No matter what team Utd field at Old Trafford you would expect them to have too much for West Ham. I came across an interesting stat that Utd have won 23 times in all competitions this season and 15 of them have been by a goal. Having watched Utd a lot this season you do get the feeling at times they do just enough. With that stat in mind the price on Utd to win by a goal appeals at 11/4. This bet collected in their league meeting at Old trafford with Utd winning by a solitary strike to nil.
    That result was very much against how the season has gone with a rare clean sheet picked up that day. However as you know I always back this Utd side to let the opposition to score and the 4/6 for both teams finding the net should be snapped up.[/QUOTE]

didnt bet tonight myself but definitely a bet to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

****ing Chelsea. Anything for tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Watched the game tonight Arsenal v Swansea , Swansea are so boring passing the ball back to the keeper all the time frustrating watching them , going to back unders in games they are playing from now on . Had 1k on Arsenal and they made me sweat for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Atl Madrid vs Betis

Castro Anytime is available @ around 4.00

Falcao is best priced at a measly 1.40

That's a CRAZY gap in the odds IMO. Falcao is great (of course), but Castro is very, very, very good. Athl are not master defenders either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement