Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Getafe v Granada
    2nd Half highest scoring 21/20
    All 8 of Getafe's home league games this season has seen most goals in the 2nd half. While 7 of Granada's 9 away league games this season has seen most goals in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Followed, no time for research today.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Liverpool to finish 7th - 10th in the table 11/10, thoughts?

Great bet . Which bookies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Great bet . Which bookies ?

Bet Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Getafe v Granada
    2nd Half highest scoring 21/20
    All 8 of Getafe's home league games this season has seen most goals in the 2nd half. While 7 of Granada's 9 away league games this season has seen most goals in the 2nd half.

sorry to anyone who followed, stats can make a fool of you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

magherakid wrote: »
    sorry to anyone who followed, stats can make a fool of you

No need...on the law of averages..it was the right bet - it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

no worries such is such thanks for tip it looked good on paper before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Liverpool to finish 7th -10th now 10/11. So who else has lumped on???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I would be more worried about Liverpool slipping out of the top 10 than finishing in the top 6.

Well I sure hope that won't happen. BetVictor think there's a 16% chance that it will. Oh well, sucks to be them.

Liverpool to finish 7-10 @ 2.1
    Liverpool to finish in the top 6 @2.75

I really fell I'm taking advantage of BetVictor's laziness here. They have Liverpool to finish 5-6 @ 2.36, and Liverpool to finish in the top 6 @ 2.75, even though by definition Liverpool can't be less likely to finish 5-6 than they are to finish in the top 6.

Does BetVictor do those bring your daughter to work days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Austria! wrote: »
    Well I sure hope that won't happen. BetVictor think there's a 16% chance that it will. Oh well, sucks to be them.

Liverpool to finish 7-10 @ 2.1
    Liverpool to finish in the top 6 @2.75

I really fell I'm taking advantage of BetVictor's laziness here. They have Liverpool to finish 5-6 @ 2.36, and Liverpool to finish in the top 6 @ 2.75, even though by definition Liverpool can't be less likely to finish 5-6 than they are to finish in the top 6.

Does BetVictor do those bring your daughter to work days?

If Sturridge and Suarez work out then I'd say they are a solid bet for 7-10 but in my opinion they will not finish above Everton or Arsenal so will be outside the top 6. Now that reliant on Everton not selling Fellaini in the January transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Ok Im thinking of going for this tonight :

Sunderland
    Stoke
    Real Madrid (1).

What do people think?

I guess the weather may play its part in the UK tongiht.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

CucaFace wrote: »
    Ok Im thinking of going for this tonight :

Sunderland
    Stoke
    Real Madrid (1).

What do people think?

I guess the weather may play its part in the UK tongiht.

I quite like Valencia tonight. Other two seem very good bets IMO. Especially Stoke at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sunderland are the bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Arsenal v Swansea
    I think the bookies are underestimating Swansea here and I like the look of the Swansea win at 11/2. Swansea have an impressive record against Arsenal having won their 2 previous league encounters aswell as the draw that has resulted in this replay. The Arsenal players might be that little bit weary having been chasing shadows for large parts of their 2-0 defeat to Man City on Sunday having been reduced to ten men very early. Swansea meanwhile earned another impressive draw having held Everton scoreless which is no mean feat and they are currently on an unbeaten run of 7 games which includes a draw against Man Utd in the league and the excellent win at Chelsea in the League Cup Semi final.
    The price on Michu to score anytime looks fantastic value at 21/10. Arguably the buy of the season he has 3 goals from his 2 games against Arsenal and at that price you wouldn't back against him finding the net again. Has found the net against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal this season.
    Man United v West Ham
    With a vital trip to Tottenham up next for Utd I expect changes to be made. However the likes of Hernandez, Giggs, Scholes can still be called upon aswell as the now fit again Nani, Anderson and Rooney. No matter what team Utd field at Old Trafford you would expect them to have too much for West Ham. I came across an interesting stat that Utd have won 23 times in all competitions this season and 15 of them have been by a goal. Having watched Utd a lot this season you do get the feeling at times they do just enough. With that stat in mind the price on Utd to win by a goal appeals at 11/4. This bet collected in their league meeting at Old trafford with Utd winning by a solitary strike to nil.
    That result was very much against how the season has gone with a rare clean sheet picked up that day. However as you know I always back this Utd side to let the opposition to score and the 4/6 for both teams finding the net should be snapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sprinter350

Leeds
    wigan
    west brom
    sunderland
    fulham
    crystal palace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Leeds
    wigan
    west brom
    sunderland
    fulham
    crystal palace

I make that 323/1. :eek:
    Can't see it happening mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Went for this tonight:

Stoke
    Sunderland
    Real Madrid
    West Brom

€50 returns €313

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Going to wait for team news but quite like this acc just over 9/1. Any opinions.

Stoke
    Sunderland
    Luton
    Cambridge
    Brentford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Can anyone see anything wrong with Sundeerland/West Brom double @2.71?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

I don`t know why, but i really fancy QPR tonight! A good cup run is what then need to help in the lge aswell. I think Harry will want to win this one bad!

• Advertisement

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I don`t know why, but i really fancy QPR tonight! A good cup run is what then need to help in the lge aswell. I think Harry will want to win this one bad!

I was just thinking the exact opposite, that he doesn't want to waste energy/possible injury/suspensions on the cup when survival is much more important

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I was just thinking the exact opposite, that he doesn't want to waste energy/possible injury/suspensions on the cup when survival is much more important

You could very well be right!....I just have this feeling about them tonight, then again "this feeling" never really helps out!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Inter Milan at home to Bologna in the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Gonna be on Valencia.

Going with the heart, but Valencia are on a great run since Valverde took over (7/8 wins in all competitions), while Real have been very poor recently.

Only doubt is that Ronaldo is back after missing the 0-0 draw with bottom-placed Osasuna (who Valencia have beaten 3 time in the last 3 weeks btw), and Perreira is out for Valencia (totally shut down Ronaldo in the league, the only game Ronaldo had played in La Liga without having a shot on target).

Still, I'll look into Valencia's prices, and also a BTTS (although I imagine that will be short).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

elefant wrote: »
    Gonna be on Valencia.

Going with the heart, but Valencia are on a great run since Valverde took over (7/8 wins in all competitions), while Real have been very poor recently.

Only doubt is that Ronaldo is back after missing the 0-0 draw with bottom-placed Osasuna (who Valencia have beaten 3 time in the last 3 weeks btw), and Perreira is out for Valencia (totally shut down Ronaldo in the league, the only game Ronaldo had played in La Liga without having a shot on target).

Still, I'll look into Valencia's prices, and also a BTTS (although I imagine that will be short).

Yea but the cup is almost Real's only chance of winning a trophy now... I think Real's problem in the league is that the players just aren't motivated anymore since they know Barcelona are too far above them in the league table. I strongly fancy Madrid here personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Yea but the cup is almost Real's only chance of winning a trophy now... I think Real's problem in the league is that the players just aren't motivated anymore since they know Barcelona are too far above them in the league table. I strongly fancy Madrid here personally.

Will certainly be intriguing. Pepe and Ramos out for Real too.

Ditched Sunderland and gone for West Brom/Stoke double..

Stoke have been very unkind to me in recent weeks, looking for some redemption!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Valencia win @ 8/1

5 euro.

Stoke Win
    United Win
    Arsenal vs Swansea BTTS

15 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

I'm waiting on team news first before my selections but looking.

Sunderland
    Stoke City
    Wigan
    Brentford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Managed to get 2/1 on a Sunderland /West Brom double. Surely worth a small bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement