Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Same here i dont even have a scanner going to try get a lend of one of a mate. such hardship:)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I went to the nearby library and printed in a3 size, if that's an option you can do.

Yea but how are you gonna scan that on to the computer to be e-mailed? or does your scanner take a3 paper most only take a4 i think:/

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea but how are you gonna scan that on to the computer to be e-mailed? or does your scanner take a3 paper most only take a4 i think:/

does it have to be emailed rather than mailed this time round?

Yea mate it seems everything is to be emailed hence why there's so much confusion. As to whats actually happening and also questions about uploading birth cert etc.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea if it had to be posted it'd be no bothers. Plenty places round here I could take it and get it photocopied. But scanning it....

Yea mate it seems everything is to be emailed hence why there's so much confusion. As to whats actually happening and also questions about uploading birth cert etc.:(

its is indeed confusing, not sure if this method might work for the birth but if you take a photo of it on a decent enough camera and upload the jpeg file as who has a personal large photocopier :)

Hey anyone want to go splits on this with me:) haha

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12942986/art/must/scanexpress-a3-usb-2400s.html

Hey anyone want to go splits on this with me:) haha

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12942986/art/must/scanexpress-a3-usb-2400s.html

imagine buying it, we could rent it out in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 brunettechick

photocopy and resize it to a4. most photocopiers allow you to minimise the document. did it all the time in college. ;)

• Advertisement

photocopy and resize it to a4. most photocopiers allow you to minimise the document. did it all the time in college. ;)

yes that is a possible option not sure if the text on the birth cert would be as clear but that could be an good option. just have to rescan a4 document for file upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

If you have an iphone or android:

This might be an option http://www.docscannerapp.com/

I've used it before and with a bit of practice it produces decent results.
    You may need to check if it'll do a birth cert size before shelling out a fiver for it
    Worth checking out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That ain't a bad suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

gary27 wrote: »
    its is indeed confusing, not sure if this method might work for the birth but if you take a photo of it on a decent enough camera and upload the jpeg file as who has a personal large photocopier :)

According to the following it can be scanned or you can:) use a camera:

Requirements for clients to use the new e-apps

In order to use e-Apps, applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
    • Be able to pay the application fee via the e-Payment system (credit card only – no payment at a financial institution). For example, some countries do not permit their citizens to use a credit card that can make an international transaction for the fee; therefore, unless they have someone to pay on their behalf, they would have to submit a paper application by mail or through a VAC.
    • Have a valid email address.
    • Have access to a scanner or camera to make electronic images of their documents, which can be uploaded to their computer. Clients may scan documents (up to 4 MB/file) in the following file formats: PNG, DOC, DOCX, JPEG and PDF. These requirements are outlined in the online instructions to the client.

(copied from Operational Bulletin 486 - December 17, 2012,on CIC wed site)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

archicraft wrote: »

• Be able to pay the application fee via the e-Payment system (credit card only – no payment at a financial institution). For example, some countries do not permit their citizens to use a credit card that can make an international transaction for the fee; therefore, unless they have someone to pay on their behalf, they would have to submit a paper application by mail or through a VAC.
    • Have access to a scanner or camera to make electronic images of their documents, which can be uploaded to their computer. Clients may scan documents (up to 4 MB/file) in the following file formats: PNG, DOC, DOCX, JPEG and PDF. These requirements are outlined in the online instructions to the client.

Good find mate

archicraft wrote: »

thanks, that makes things a whole lot clearer, i probably use my camera for the birth cert then and a4 scanner for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Just checked and I didn't need to send a birth cert last year - the following is copied and pasted from the original instructions guide from LAST YEAR 2012.

The Application Package that you send to The High Commission of Canada to the UK in London consists of two sets of documents that have to be submitted together. The first set of documents will be reviewed by the International Experience Canada (IEC) section to assess your eligibility to participate in IEC. The second set of documents will be reviewed by the Visa Section to assess your admissibility to Canada and for a work permit.
    1st set of documents (IEC criteria):
    1.IEC Application and Declarations form | PDF (1.3 MB); Instruction Guide , * ;

2.A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

2nd set of documents (admissibility to Canada):
    3.Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295) | PDF (222 KB), Instruction Guide (IMM5487), *;

4.Family Information form (IMM5645)| PDF (64 KB) *;

5.Two passport-sized photos; see photo requirements and specifications;

6.A second legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport's issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

7.A complete and up-to-date version of your Curriculum Vitae. Specify the dates (month, year) and locations (city, country) of all your study, work, and travel experiences over the past five years.

8.An original GARDA Police Certificate.

9.Medical Examination Declaration | PDF (103 KB) *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

minnow12 wrote: »

7.A complete and up-to-date version of your Curriculum Vitae. Specify the dates (month, year) and locations (city, country) of all your study, work, and travel experiences over the past five years.

A cv!!??
    Why would they need a cv?This must be a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

No that is correct and they are strict when checking CV and it's dates etc match up to the form.
    That is part of why people should make ure they check everything carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    No that is correct and they are strict when checking CV and it's dates etc match up to the form.
    That is part of why people should make ure they check everything carefully.
    That's mad,I haven't worked in 5 years since the "crash",and what if I don't intend on working over there anyway and just intend on travelling?
    (These are probably rhetorical questions as you probably don't have the answers,thanks for answering the other question though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I've updated my CV and I've always had some 'misleading' information on it about some work experience to impress possible employers. Should I remove that 'misleading' information for the IEC application or chance it and leave it there?
    I'll match my CV with forms for the IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Not 100% sure if they check it out but maybe use real legit 1 applying and then the misleading 1 once your over there.
    And @ cypressg if you don't intend on working then why get the visa like why not just get tourist visa.
    But it's dates etc they will be strict on and they do a cross reference check. So ma.e sure all date match up too,

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Anyone know will a medical exam declaration be needed?

Also, is it Garda clearance, which is done by a Garda office in thurles, or garda certificate of character? Which is for visa applications and can be done at any station?

Really need to know this thanls!!

You only need to do the med exam if you intend to work with children, elderly or in medical profession, also if you've been in a country where tb is still prevalent.
    The Garda Clearance is only the one that they do for Immigration purposes, they don't send it to Thurles, they just check to see if you've a criminal record in any of the places you lived in Ireland, and if not they issue a document signed by the Superintendant saying that you don;t. Shouldn't take any more than 2 weeks - my local Guards posted mine to me here in Canada. It'll say on the top " For the purposes of the Canadian Consular Authorities". Everyone's getting them these days - tell them it's for immigration a they'll know straight away..
    Oh and make sure that the dates on your cv match the dates on the application form. Also that there are no gaps. They aren't sending back incomplete applications till after the 1st of April, so we essentially have only one chance to get it right..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

minnow12 wrote: »
    You only need to do the med exam if you intend to work with children, elderly or in medical profession, also if you've been in a country where tb is still prevalent.
    The Garda Clearance is only the one that they do for Immigration purposes, they don't send it to Thurles, they just check to see if you've a criminal record in any of the places you lived in Ireland, and if not they issue a document signed by the Superintendant saying that you don;t. Shouldn't take any more than 2 weeks - my local Guards posted mine to me here in Canada. It'll say on the top " For the purposes of the Canadian Consular Authorities". Everyone's getting them these days - tell them it's for immigration a they'll know straight away..
    Oh and make sure that the dates on your cv match the dates on the application form. Also that there are no gaps. They aren't sending back incomplete applications till after the 1st of April, so we essentially have only one chance to get it right..

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Yes the form I filled out at the Garda station asked which country I was applying for a visa for. So I believe I have the right one, said it would not take a week.

One more thing. Generally, how long does the application window stay open or do the positions run out very quick? As i am only applying for OZ police clearance this evening, it may take two weeks.

Anyone know what the story is if you were unemployed for a few months with regards CV or should i just fill in the months i was unemployed and say i was working?:)
    Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Anyone know what the story is if you were unemployed for a few months with regards CV or should i just fill in the months i was unemployed and say i was working?:)
    Ross

I was told by a friend of a friend that when you're filling out the form for work history do it like:

EXAMPLES

From (enter dates)
    Current Activity/ Occupation - Unemployed
    Company/Employer/Facility Name - N/A
    From (enter dates)
    Previous Activity/Occupation - Working (enter details about your work place)
    From (enter dates)
    Previous Activity/ Occupation - Visiting Spain
    Company/Employer/Facility Name - N/A
    City/Town - Madrid
    Country - Spain

Do it like that from since you finished secondary school.

It's so that they know you weren't just sitting around, doing nothing. They probably also want to see if you are capable of getting work in Canada.

*Also print out more pages of that specific part if they're required

Well i applied in Dec last year, the day they opened, had an error, reapplied in Feb 14th and got it back May 14th, and the last visa went around that time too. Id say it might be a quicker turnaround this year though- by the looks of it,if everything is to be scanned and emailed rather than posted, it means we dont have to wait for the post to deliver the package. I sent my application Dec, they didnt receive for weeks, then had to wait more weeks for them actually begin processing it. Youll see the quota amount on the website dropping with every scanned application.
    As for the Oz clearance, apply online with a credit card as it's quicker, I got mine sent ot Cancada and had within 3 weeks.

Cheers guys i have the long birth cert think its a3 page. would i be able to photocopy and get it reprinted as an a4 page then just use the scanner to upload it on to the comp is that the way yer going do it? i think old mammy dearest is going to do that in work for me:)

And Passport photos is the ones out of the booth ok? ya no the ones 4 for 6 euro or sum thing like that:)

• Advertisement

Hey Ross,
    Unless they've changed it from last year, you won't need your birth cert, your passprt is all they require.
    Passport pics were fine last year too.

Advertisement